No announcement yet.

DF deployment to Chad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading an article in the IRish TImes today. It said that there was a decision NOT to wear desert DPM by Irish troops in order to stand out against the french troops, who according to the article are wearing US style "CHoc-Chip" Desert camo.

Doesn't look very desert camo to me!

Also Irish flags are going to be placed in prominent positions on the uniform, with one defence spokesman saying that
    "their will be more Tri-Colurs than All Ireland Final in Croke park."
    Last edited by ZULU; 2 February 2008, 15:28.
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
      Reading an article in the IRish TImes today. It said that there was a decision NOT to wear desert DPM by Irish troops in order to stand out against the french troops, who according to the article are wearing US style "CHoc-Chip" Desert camo.

Also Irish flags are going to be placed in prominent positions on the uniform, with one defence spokesman saying that
      I don't think some of those rebal groups give a shit, they see White Europeans=Frances buddies=the presidents buddies, thats all they'll care about, christ they crossed the country in 1 week to attack the capital this is going to go tits up IMHO.
      Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post

Doesn't look very desert camo to me!

From what I saw, the French are wearing their temperate stuff, which is more similar to Our Stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_Army01 View Post
          From what I saw, the French are wearing their temperate stuff, which is more similar to Our Stuff.
          are they french foreign legion

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
            are they french foreign legion
            no, legionnaires wear a green beret
            But there's no danger
            It's a professional career
            Though it could be arranged
            With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
            If you're out of luck you're out of work
            We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

The FFL were in Chad in the late 60s early 70s. The 150 extra french troops have been pulled from Gabon, so might be FFL.
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

The French MOD said this morning that the Swedish SF had hit the ground in Chad last night...why they said it I don't know
                Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

So who frightens you the most, those bushmen or French pilots.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-pzS...eature=related i
                  Last edited by Fireplace; 13 February 2008, 23:44.
                  You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Day after tomorrow they are being deployed and tahts official
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Full paper write up on "Nasher" in last weeks Sunday Business Post - it didn't actually say a lot though.

Comment

The Poles are sending 2 of these ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft guns for protection.

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Ha! A very posh "technical". A Somali would feel right at home.
                          regards
                          GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                            Ha! A very posh "technical". A Somali would feel right at home.
                            regards
                            GttC
                            He'd feel even more at home in one of ours, an ARW Ford pickup:

Comment

The Somali would much rather have the Zugu as it packs a much bigger punch than a half inch browning. The ZU 23 cut of the truck cab and u have an excellent direct fire quick on target weapon , Simi Lar set up for 37mm AA hope the lack of same by Irish forces ( Pls corrct me if I am wrong on this) will not hinder operations. Not very hitec but very effective as is proved almost on a daily basis in the worlds trouble spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireplace View Post
                                The Poles are sending 2 of these ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft guns for protection.
                                Rather modest number, isn't it?
                                Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Working...
                                X