Foreign Naval Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
    LE EITHNE is due up the Solent on Thursday. Has there been previous visits by INS vessels to Portsmouth?.

we were there on eithne in the 80's or was it plymouth - damo , test pilot who has photos

Edit: The arrival is in the public domain

http://www.qhmportsmouth.com/port-mo...8-08-28&days=1
    we were there on eithne in the 80's or was it plymouth - damo , test pilot who has photos

Comment

It was normally Plymouth for FDO & HCO trg and / or helo fuel.

Comment

[
        QUOTE=moggy;217823]we were there on eithne in the 80's or was it plymouth - damo , test pilot who has photos
        [/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it was Portsmouth, think the fire-fighting lads when to Plymouth.
        I didn`t go was taken off to go on Grainne for salmon patrol and then went to R.N.A.S. Culrose to do S.A.R. course so I went to both Portsmouth and Plymouth but without the ship then rejoined Eithne after.
        Therefore no photos
        What do you mean abandon ship
        Are they taking requests?

Comment

A number of French training vessels are visiting Cork this weekend, arriving on the 12th. All are familiar sights in Cork at this stage. Crustymedia is kicking up a storm of course as the Marine nationale prepare to invade Ireland in four trawler size training vessels.
          The Vessels are Chacal, Gepard, Leopard and Tigre. All are similar to Chacal, seen here.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Admirante Condell FF-06, from Chile is also due in Dublin on the 17th. Definitely named after an Irishman.
            Formerly HMS Marlborough, a Duke Class Frigate, prematurely disposed from RN service.

Comment

Do you know where she will be docked goldie. ot is that information in the public domain?could be worth a trip to dublin perhaps!

Comment

Don't know. I'll be in France myself. Check the Dublin Port website for more details closer to the date.

Comment

Did you notice her motto: "Vencer O Morir", something like "Victory Or Death"

Comment

Eithne was in London afew years back and the Peacocks visited Liverpool regularly, If I remember correctly Eithne also visted Belfast in the not to distant past.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      Eithne was in London afew years back and the Peacocks visited Liverpool regularly, If I remember correctly Eithne also visted Belfast in the not to distant past.
                      think she was in belfast twice

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                        Wrong thread folks. This is about foreign ships visiting Ireland, Not Irish ships visiting foreign ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          A number of French training vessels are visiting Cork this weekend, arriving on the 12th.
                          they arrived this morning.

click for larger sizes, some more photos here.
                          Irish Naval Service Photos

Comment

Only 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              Only 3?
                              yeah, and there were still only 3 at 6 this evening.
                              Irish Naval Service Photos

Comment

Originally posted by pilatus View Post
                                Do you know where she will be docked goldie. ot is that information in the public domain?could be worth a trip to dublin perhaps!
                                will advise next week

Comment

Working...
                                X