Foreign Naval Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Naval Visits

This is all I have for the year so far. I'm sure it'll be added to in time.

26 Jan 08 HMS Roebuck H 130 Belfast
    26 Jan 08 BNS Primula M 924 Belfast
    26 Jan 08 HMS Hurworth M 39 Belfast
    26 Jan 08 LVS Imanta M 02 Belfast
    26 Jan 08 FGS Weilheim M 859 Belfast
    26 Jan 08 HNLMS Urk M 861 Belfast
    07 Mar 08 BNS Louise Marie F 931 Dublin

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post

I often see this mine sweeper out in the Solent on training runs. The diving crew of this vessel back in 1987, pulled over thirty bodies from the The Herald of Free Enterprise.

Comment

That's an interesting list and I hope you will kindly keep it updated for dublin as the spring arrives. hope the bridge works on the quays near the customary mooring place for naval ships will not deter visits by vessels.

Comment

Those sweepers should be about tomorrow in Belfast.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Those sweepers should be about tomorrow in Belfast.
          french ship F.S. Meuse dublin 25th march

Comment

FS Meuse had this Alouette III embarked when she visited Malta about a year ago. Wonder if she'll be bringing the Alouette to Dublin next week.

Comment

Hi-Res FS Meuse

http://www.alanandsue.com/Fleet-Revi..._France?full=1
              You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Originally posted by Fireplace View Post
                change of berth - she will be in tues morning and berthing south side by the esb poolbeg station for those who want to take pictures

folks change of berth again - ocean pier -----anybody got a bike.
                Last edited by moggy; 25 March 2008, 21:16.

Comment

April 11th Med cruise - 106 ex irish navy heads and partners - 9 days
                  see our webpage; http://homepage.eircom.net/~navalassociation/index.htm
                  oh dear -- as murp would say O LOL

Comment

Lol,,,,
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Is it a coincidence that the French Navy supply ship Meuse is visiting Dublin same time as the Mowags and stores are being loaded on to another ship for Chad?

Another French vessel - oceangoing tug Tenace - due in Dublin next week.

Comment

26 Jan 08 HMS Roebuck H 130 Belfast
                        Here is a very limited set I have, as shown below of the now disbanded Northern Ireland Squadron.

The last three Hunt Class vessels (M29,M35,M32) were used to to interdict the movement by sea of illegal arms for paramilitaries and to provide other material support for anti-terrorist operations in Northern Ireland.

The Squadron's HQ was at HMNB Clyde.

Last edited by pmtts; 26 March 2008, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                          Is it a coincidence that the French Navy supply ship Meuse is visiting Dublin same time as the Mowags and stores are being loaded on to another ship for Chad?
                          I think so. If Meuse is the sister of Loire, then its just the semi-annual visit, often with the school in tow.
                          Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

FS Meuse in Dublin

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Blas De Lezo, Spanish Frigate, Dublin Thursday 10th april.
                              Vasa De Gama, Portugese Frigate, Dublin Thursday 10th april.
                              USN Fragate, (didn't get the name), Dublin Thursday 10th April.
                              HMS Northumberland, RN Destroyer, Dublin Saturday 12th April.

Comment

Working...
                              X