Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who can name all her sails?

Comment

• I saw a Dutch Frigate F806 this morning in Dublin Port.

This is her sister ship. (I cant find a picture of F806).

Attached Files
      Last edited by Border Bunny; 26 April 2010, 15:19.

Comment

• she's been there all weekend.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by easyrider View Post
          So who can name all her sails?

No spanker or crossjack set
          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• An interesting visit to cork on the 18th and 22nd, JACQUES OUDART FOURMENTIN, will visit Custom House Quay.

43m Loa, She is used by the French Customs service, and replaces a large number of former French Naval patrol boats that were pressed into this task.
            Boulogne sur Mer is her port of registry. She was built in 2007.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• In Cork Earlier with RCC Faire alongside.
              She has 2 pintle mounts forward for a GPMG or HMG sized weapon.
              Although she is a customs vessel, she also bears the Blue and Yellow pennant on her RIBs which indicate her fishery protection roles.

Comment

• whats the crew size for them french and Irish vessels , also thats the size of boat that the Irish customs should have she would surly be suitable for the west coast.......

Comment

• You are incorrect in a way. That is the size of vessel the Naval Service should have for doing the Customs Job. They are welcome to use the smaller cutters in inshore waters. Offshore is for Naval service.

We only need one, properly equipped Navy. Not lots of poorly equipped ones.

Comment

• ye i wonder if the customs had went looking for 3rd vessel would they have got it , would you have not given the 2 boats that the customs have a let the navy do that role just wondering would it make sense then all vessels are under one organisation ?

Comment

• Originally posted by zone 1 View Post
                      ye i wonder if the customs had went looking for 3rd vessel would they have got it , would you have not given the 2 boats that the customs have a let the navy do that role just wondering would it make sense then all vessels are under one organisation ?
                      My understanding is if they has left the second one any later they wouldn't have got it.
                      It would make more sense to have NS crewing all grey ships and boats, with customs officers etc brought along as required.

Comment

• Come on now. What will the boys do for jobs then!?
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                          Come on now. What will the boys do for jobs then!?
                          There are plenty of unfilled vacancies.

Comment

• On the cutters? You must be joking me!?
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• No, in Revenue.

Comment

• French Naval Tug "Tenace" (A669) due to visit cork on 11th June.

Comment

Working...
                                X