Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Sniper Weapons (split from New Equipment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sniper Weapons (split from New Equipment)

I heard a good one today regarding snipers.Supposedly the sniper teams are FINALLY getting the .338 version of the ai this year as funding is now sorted.Even better one is that the snipers team spotters are supposed to be getting the hk417 c/w m203.They are also getting the new snipers suits/smock/mesh vests but i already knew that.
    Anybody in the know got more to add???:confused:
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Why the change in weapon and calibre?

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Dunno.Like i said thats what i heard.How true it is remains to be seen.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I have seen the sniper kit

as I said on a different thread

guich
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

little off topic, but did an Irish team take part in the Finnish sniper championship, I've seen a photo of a guy at it with what looked very like Irish DPM?
          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
            guich
            Thats the more exclusive French brand I presume?
            Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
              Thats the more exclusive French brand I presume?
              Army Slang for Attractive items.. or great kit :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_Army01 View Post
                Army Slang for Attractive items.. or great kit :wink:
                No, thats Guici, Italian I believe.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

What is Pedant italian for?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Guich - singular.
                    Gucci - Plural.

It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                      Guich - singular.
                      Gucci - Plural.

Same difference yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post

HALO is really going to some peoples heads.
                        Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

id hazard a guess that the HK417 being 7.62mm with a 20" barrel scope and a bipod (possible with a gren launcher ?) would give a more use full weapon then a styer for the spotter ,who would also be sniper trained , being capable of medium to long range fire ,, a degree of suppressive fire to get out a the s***t ,, US spotters were for a while issued ar 10s ,,,
                          why a .388 change ? does it offer a significant advantage over 7.62 lupa .
                          "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Dunno.Like i said thats what i heard.How true it is remains to be seen.
                            I'll believe it once i see it! I would think if they are buying them it would be all over an cosantoir/connect like the new gpmgs and the USP.
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post

If they're giving the spotter a weapon other than the Steyr, wouldn't something smaller and lighter - a PDW/SMG - make more sense, since the spotter is already carrying extra equipment?

Comment

Working...
                              X