Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Nice ass, Samson..." mutter nutter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Old......
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah

isnt that sweet
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pic in today's Irish Times shows a Turkish Army sniper team, said to be taking part in an operation in Northern Iraq. it's a three-man team: sniper, spotter, and a guy with an MP5, presumably providing local security.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Pic in today's Irish Times shows a Turkish Army sniper team, said to be taking part in an operation in Northern Iraq. it's a three-man team: sniper, spotter, and a guy with an MP5, presumably providing local security.
    http://193.110.208.190/kara_harekati...bat_2008/3.jpg

http://193.110.208.190/kara_harekati...bat_2008/6.jpg

http://193.110.208.190/kara_harekati...bat_2008/1.jpg
    You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost makes you feel sorry for the Taleban

Knight's Armament M110 SASS

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not an MP5 is a HK G33 or similar

Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting the pics Fireplace. I had a look around and I couldn't find them.

Yeah Muzzle, you're right, a HK33, sorry 'bout that. Any idea about the sniper rifle in the same picture?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting the pics Fireplace. I had a look around and I couldn't find them.

Yeah Muzzle, you're right, a HK33, sorry 'bout that. Any idea about the sniper rifle in the same picture?
    Same as what we use AI L96 7.62mm

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn06-e.htm
    Last edited by Muzzle; 27th February 2008 at 08:48.

Post Thanks / Like

Article .5

Heres an interesting article I though y'all might be interested in...

http://www.snipercentral.com/50bmg.htm
    "There is nothing braver then the heart of a volunteer" Lt. Col. Dolittle, USAC, 1941.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got a look at some of the new sniper kit during the week.It all made by Arktis in the U.k.
    Kit consists of,
    Sniper ghillie vest.
    Sniper smock
    sniper waterproof jkt(t.i proof aswell)
    Sniper salopettes.

Salopettes even have a dump flap at the rear! All the kit is very well thought out and expensive to boot.The salopettes are retailing for nearly 200 hundred stering alone.
    Heres a few photos of some of the kit in british dpm.All the issue stuff is in ip-dpm as per.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by apod; 10th September 2008 at 06:11.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Finally got a look at some of the new sniper kit during the week.It all made by Arktis in the U.k.
    Kit consists of,
    Sniper ghillie vest.
    Sniper smock
    Snier salopettes.

Salopettes even have a dump flap at the rear! All the kit is very well thought out and expensive to boot.The salopettes are retailing for nearly 200 hundred stering alone.
    Heres a few photos of some of the kit in british dpm.All the issue stuff is in ip-dpm as per.
    There are pics of snipers wearing the IP-DPM Arktis sniper smock in the latest An Cosantoir. Looks very good.

Why is there eppelalatte

Post Thanks / Like
    Kit consists of,
    Sniper ghillie vest.
    Sniper smock
    Snier salopettes.

There are pics of snipers wearing the IP-DPM Arktis sniper smock in the latest An Cosantoir. Looks very good.

Why is there what looks like rank slider above the pockets on the sleeve?

Post Thanks / Like
    Kit consists of,
    Sniper ghillie vest.
    Sniper smock
    Snier salopettes.

Why is there what looks like rank slider above the pockets on the sleeve? - local foliage etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    why do you repeat yourself?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

53.4°N 6.1°W (Dublin, Ireland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three times with three slight differences!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats not a rank epaulette.Its an attachment point for the sniper rifle sling for off hand firing positions,.It is mounted on each upper arm.Rank as normal when worn is mounted on the chest.Did ye also notice the "pit zips" and the roll away face veil mounted on the hood?Nice kit.

Oh and furthur to my comments about the HK 417's .i am reliably informed that they are held by the IWW for isssue to whicever infantry unit gets to represent us at the international competition.ARW did this year and they had the new Augs so thats why we havent seen em yet.Or so i am told.Will try to confirm.:wink:

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

"Nice ass, Samson..." mutter nutter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats not a rank epaulette.Its an attachment point for the sniper rifle sling for off hand firing positions,.It is mounted on each upper arm.Rank as normal when worn is mounted on the chest.Did ye also notice the "pit zips" and the roll away face veil mounted on the hood?Nice kit.

Oh and furthur to my comments about the HK 417's .i am reliably informed that they are held by the IWW for isssue to whicever infantry unit gets to represent us at the international competition
    .ARW did this year and they had the new Augs so thats why we havent seen em yet.Or so i am told.Will try to confirm.:wink:
    That seem's a little pointless?:confused:
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Any chance of someone scanning the article for a poor unfortunate currently residing outside Ireland(me)?
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mutter nutter View Post
    That seem's a little pointless?:confused:
    Go figureHaving said that its not the first time this has been done .There are a number of Steyrs mounted with Elcan wildcat sights that are held by whichever unit is tasked with representing the DF at bisley each year.It was 4 bn last year i believe.Sights were procured in order to compete with the likes of the Susat sight on the SA-80 which has a greater magnification.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did indeed, was it any AUG A3 in the photo?

Post Thanks / Like
    yep it was
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

bosun
    Post Thanks / Like
    any good book on the life of a sniper..

Thread Information