Irish Naval Service foreign trips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    I'd say the delay is due to the civil servants not using phones as part of industrial action.

You may have to wait a bit more...
    Not worried about waiting .......was trained in the HURRY UP & WAIT !

Or the non-issuing of passports !
    Maby I can get one of the Isreali ones ... they seem to have more than enough of them
    What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

Comment

i believe that trip down to south America is gone for this year . damo u will have to do with killybegs instead ...

Comment

There was a comment passed during the trip by Niamh to Asia that most of those who were after visiting Hong Kong and transited Suez with the Irish Naval service had yet to see the beauty of Rathmullen...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by zone 1 View Post
          i believe that trip down to south America is gone for this year . damo u will have to do with killybegs instead ...
          Fair enough , don`t speak the language but thats never stopped me before....

to see the beauty of Rathmullen...
          Would you happen to have her number........ if i am going to be in that general area
          What do you mean abandon ship
          Are they taking requests?

Comment

Beginning to look unlikely.

THE chairman of the Dáil Public Accounts Committee is to ask the Department of Defence why it has sanctioned a naval ship to undertake 12-week diplomatic trip to South America, which will cost an estimated €500,000.

Comment

ill eat my words goldie ... better of putting that money to a new ship

Comment

ill eat my words goldie ... better of putting that money to a new ship
                thanks goldie thats it end of story

Comment

fine gael says its a waste of money.. has cowen said anything yet.... the crew are in limbo at the moment... flanagan from fine gael as that fellow called it a BOAT he has to be reprimanded....

Comment

Bombard Bernard Allens office with letters of protest, and let him know that he is fcuking with other peoples personal lives, while trying to score political advantage. Fcuking Blue Shirt!!

Comment

• His arguement actually holds no weight. The South American trip is just as important to the state as Fisheries protection, and probably costs less...

Comment

• If it could improves business, employment etc why is it a waste of money?

Having said that would it be cheaper to rent a convention centre (not necessarily!)?

Comment

• Fine Gael are clueless hwen it comes to Naval Related matters, the NS is still carrying the scars from sucessive fine gael administrations.

Foreign trips are part of the job.

I don't always agree with the venue or the ship sent or even the increased work load they cause but if you have a Navy you use it.

Isn't it odd that the venue also happens to be the country building one of the newer OPVs we profiled here. I wonder are they going to have a peek at the finished product before making their minds up?
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Tell them we're sending Enda's Hospital Ship.
                            Meh.

Comment

• Well said HPT!

Savings in excess of €500K are probably already made in the payroll bill this year due to the fact that the DF are under the 10,000 establishment.

The benefits to the coutry's image and to NS training I'm sure are sizeable from these trips and it is really disappointing to see such comments from the current opposition, makes you ask what they'll do if/when they are in government.
                              Last edited by ias; 4 March 2010, 15:33.

Comment

• *123. To ask the Minister for Defence the estimated cost of sending the LE Niamh to
                                South America for twelve weeks between May and July 2010 coinciding with the 200th
                                anniversary of South American independence; and if he will make a statement on the
                                matter. — Jimmy Deenihan. [10992/10]
                                Unfortunately the Good men and women of the Dept of Defence are unable to deal with his query.

Comment

Working...
                                X