No announcement yet.

Irish Naval Service foreign trips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember Niamh only has room for 49 bods max. so no passengers I'm afraid.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you,,,
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by rosser

Remember Niamh only has room for 49 bods max. so no passengers I'm afraid.
      I am available if they need a passenger
      I still know the dangerous end of a deck scrubber or any other scrubber for that matter
      What do you mean abandon ship
      Are they taking requests?

Comment

Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
        I am available if they need a passenger
        I still know the dangerous end of a deck scrubber or any other scrubber for that matter
        ha only you would say that

Comment

And he doesn't take up much space..yeah bring Damo... you don't know aht your missing until you've had Damo at sea with you.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            And he doesn't take up much space..yeah bring Damo... you don't know aht your missing until you've had Damo at sea with you.
            goldie good to have you back = will the capt be doing a daily report like eithne
            these are much sought after and make excellent pr for the navy

Comment

Would this be the first Irish Naval ship in the Pacific .
              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post

Getting ready to party - flight decks have their uses!
                Is it me or is that hull got a lot of dents in it?
                But there's no danger
                It's a professional career
                Though it could be arranged
                With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                If you're out of luck you're out of work
                We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
                  Is it me or is that hull got a lot of dents in it?
                  It's not you. The ships get a very heavy pounding.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Yeah bring me........am only a little fella & don`t need much looking after.
                    Could some-one start a campaign to get me brought as I am too lazy to do it myself.
                    Thanks in advance...............

Comment

Dear Cmdre Lynch,

If you could kindly include Damo to the invited guest list for the forth coming foreign trip to Chile.

Although retired for some years now you might remember damo for such things as pulling L/Sig Paul Newman through the vent of the cabin door the night of the ships Christmas party and then throwing him in the shower, being the DPO the night Eithnes ceremonial life belt went over the side the night of Frankie Troys 50th Birthday, sleeping through the fire of Oct 1987 on Eithne, telling the then president to **** off back up to the ward room while the president was pissed, and for breaking a sea rider engine while carrying a load of Garda and then asking them to paddle back to the ship.

Amongst his better attribues would be his wit, wicked sense of humour, charm and good looks although these may have faded a little over the years.

His dress sense has been open to question however so s suitable uniform would be required...a simple shirt a tie with suitable amount of chevrons, should be a few spare lying about due to the moratorium on promotion.

I would consider it a personal favour if you should consider my request as lest face it the place hasn't been the same without him

If your ever in hospital in kilkenny I'll fix you up witha clean bedpan in return

Your mate

HPT.

PS...he is small and doesn't take up much room..but is abit giggly when pissed.

Comment

Dear Cmdre Lynch,

If you could kindly include Damo to the invited guest list for the forth coming foreign trip to Chile.

Although retired for some years now you might remember damo for such things as pulling L/Sig Paul Newman through the vent of the cabin door the night of the ships Christmas party and then throwing him in the shower, being the DPO the night Eithnes ceremonial life belt went over the side the night of Frankie Troys 50th Birthday, sleeping through the fire of Oct 1987 on Eithne, telling the then president to **** off back up to the ward room while the president was pissed, and for breaking a sea rider engine while carrying a load of Garda and then asking them to paddle back to the ship.

Amongst his better attribues would be his wit, wicked sense of humour, charm and good looks although these may have faded a little over the years.

His dress sense has been open to question however so s suitable uniform would be required...a simple shirt a tie with suitable amount of chevrons, should be a few spare lying about due to the moratorium on promotion.

I would consider it a personal favour if you should consider my request as lest face it the place hasn't been the same without him

If your ever in hospital in kilkenny I'll fix you up witha clean bedpan in return

Your mate

HPT.

PS...he is small and doesn't take up much room..but is abit giggly when pissed.
                        Cheers pal........
                        They will have to take me now.
                        Will send postcards ............if I don`t get too pissed & forget

Comment

I do try...but I reckon they just wouldn't be able for us old timers given we were so politically incorrect, probably cause an international incident of some sort,

I take it Frank Lynch hasn't contacted you then?

Comment

I do try...but I reckon they just wouldn't be able for us old timers given we were so politically incorrect, probably cause an international incident of some sort,

I take it Frank Lynch hasn't contacted you then?
                            Have bags packed & waiting by the phone.....should be any minute now
                            Really hope that I will be involved in a international incident....looking forward to it....

Comment

Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
                              Have bags packed & waiting by the phone.....should be any minute now
                              Really hope that I will be involved in a international incident....looking forward to it....
                              I'd say the delay is due to the civil servants not using phones as part of industrial action.

You may have to wait a bit more...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Or the non-issuing of passports !
                                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Working...
                                X