Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 222
  1. #76
    Commander in Chief hptmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember Niamh only has room for 49 bods max. so no passengers I'm afraid.

    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you,,,
    Just visiting

  2. #77
    L/SEA damo de muff diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DUBLIN
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rosser View Post

    Remember Niamh only has room for 49 bods max. so no passengers I'm afraid.
    I am available if they need a passenger
    I still know the dangerous end of a deck scrubber or any other scrubber for that matter
    What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

  3. #78
    Commander
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    South CO. Dublin
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by damo de muff diver View Post
    I am available if they need a passenger
    I still know the dangerous end of a deck scrubber or any other scrubber for that matter
    ha only you would say that

  4. #79
    Commander in Chief hptmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    And he doesn't take up much space..yeah bring Damo... you don't know aht your missing until you've had Damo at sea with you.
    Just visiting

  5. #80
    Commander
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    South CO. Dublin
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    And he doesn't take up much space..yeah bring Damo... you don't know aht your missing until you've had Damo at sea with you.
    goldie good to have you back = will the capt be doing a daily report like eithne
    these are much sought after and make excellent pr for the navy

  6. #81
    Chief Casey Ryback
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would this be the first Irish Naval ship in the Pacific .
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

  7. #82
    jang-a-lang turbocalves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under a rock,
    Posts
    1,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post



    Getting ready to party - flight decks have their uses!
    Is it me or is that hull got a lot of dents in it?
    But there's no danger
    It's a professional career
    Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
    If you're out of luck you're out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg.

    (Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

  8. #83
    Closed Account Goldie fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    you already know too much
    Posts
    33,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocalves View Post
    Is it me or is that hull got a lot of dents in it?
    It's not you. The ships get a very heavy pounding.

  9. #84
    L/SEA damo de muff diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DUBLIN
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    And he doesn't take up much space..yeah bring Damo... you don't know aht your missing until you've had Damo at sea with you.
    Yeah bring me........am only a little fella & don`t need much looking after.
    Could some-one start a campaign to get me brought as I am too lazy to do it myself.
    Thanks in advance...............
    What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

  10. #85
    Commander in Chief hptmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Cmdre Lynch,

    If you could kindly include Damo to the invited guest list for the forth coming foreign trip to Chile.

    Although retired for some years now you might remember damo for such things as pulling L/Sig Paul Newman through the vent of the cabin door the night of the ships Christmas party and then throwing him in the shower, being the DPO the night Eithnes ceremonial life belt went over the side the night of Frankie Troys 50th Birthday, sleeping through the fire of Oct 1987 on Eithne, telling the then president to **** off back up to the ward room while the president was pissed, and for breaking a sea rider engine while carrying a load of Garda and then asking them to paddle back to the ship.

    Amongst his better attribues would be his wit, wicked sense of humour, charm and good looks although these may have faded a little over the years.

    His dress sense has been open to question however so s suitable uniform would be required...a simple shirt a tie with suitable amount of chevrons, should be a few spare lying about due to the moratorium on promotion.

    I would consider it a personal favour if you should consider my request as lest face it the place hasn't been the same without him

    If your ever in hospital in kilkenny I'll fix you up witha clean bedpan in return

    Your mate

    HPT.


    PS...he is small and doesn't take up much room..but is abit giggly when pissed.
    Just visiting

  11. #86
    L/SEA damo de muff diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DUBLIN
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    Dear Cmdre Lynch,

    If you could kindly include Damo to the invited guest list for the forth coming foreign trip to Chile.

    Although retired for some years now you might remember damo for such things as pulling L/Sig Paul Newman through the vent of the cabin door the night of the ships Christmas party and then throwing him in the shower, being the DPO the night Eithnes ceremonial life belt went over the side the night of Frankie Troys 50th Birthday, sleeping through the fire of Oct 1987 on Eithne, telling the then president to **** off back up to the ward room while the president was pissed, and for breaking a sea rider engine while carrying a load of Garda and then asking them to paddle back to the ship.

    Amongst his better attribues would be his wit, wicked sense of humour, charm and good looks although these may have faded a little over the years.

    His dress sense has been open to question however so s suitable uniform would be required...a simple shirt a tie with suitable amount of chevrons, should be a few spare lying about due to the moratorium on promotion.

    I would consider it a personal favour if you should consider my request as lest face it the place hasn't been the same without him

    If your ever in hospital in kilkenny I'll fix you up witha clean bedpan in return

    Your mate

    HPT.


    PS...he is small and doesn't take up much room..but is abit giggly when pissed.
    Cheers pal........
    They will have to take me now.
    Will send postcards ............if I don`t get too pissed & forget
    What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

  12. #87
    Commander in Chief hptmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do try...but I reckon they just wouldn't be able for us old timers given we were so politically incorrect, probably cause an international incident of some sort,

    I take it Frank Lynch hasn't contacted you then?
    Just visiting

  13. #88
    L/SEA damo de muff diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DUBLIN
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    I do try...but I reckon they just wouldn't be able for us old timers given we were so politically incorrect, probably cause an international incident of some sort,

    I take it Frank Lynch hasn't contacted you then?
    Have bags packed & waiting by the phone.....should be any minute now
    Really hope that I will be involved in a international incident....looking forward to it....
    What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

  14. #89
    Closed Account Goldie fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    you already know too much
    Posts
    33,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by damo de muff diver View Post
    Have bags packed & waiting by the phone.....should be any minute now
    Really hope that I will be involved in a international incident....looking forward to it....
    I'd say the delay is due to the civil servants not using phones as part of industrial action.

    You may have to wait a bit more...

  15. #90
    Closed Account ZULU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Real Republic
    Posts
    6,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or the non-issuing of passports !

  16. #91
    L/SEA damo de muff diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DUBLIN
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie fish View Post
    I'd say the delay is due to the civil servants not using phones as part of industrial action.

    You may have to wait a bit more...
    Not worried about waiting .......was trained in the HURRY UP & WAIT !

    Or the non-issuing of passports !
    Maby I can get one of the Isreali ones ... they seem to have more than enough of them
    What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

  17. #92
    CQMS
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    tip of iceland
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    i believe that trip down to south America is gone for this year . damo u will have to do with killybegs instead ...

  18. #93
    Closed Account Goldie fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    you already know too much
    Posts
    33,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a comment passed during the trip by Niamh to Asia that most of those who were after visiting Hong Kong and transited Suez with the Irish Naval service had yet to see the beauty of Rathmullen...

  19. #94
    L/SEA damo de muff diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DUBLIN
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 1 View Post
    i believe that trip down to south America is gone for this year . damo u will have to do with killybegs instead ...
    Fair enough , don`t speak the language but thats never stopped me before....

    to see the beauty of Rathmullen...
    Would you happen to have her number........ if i am going to be in that general area
    What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

  20. #95
    Closed Account Goldie fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    you already know too much
    Posts
    33,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 1 View Post
    i believe that trip down to south America is gone for this year . damo u will have to do with killybegs instead ...
    Beginning to look unlikely.

    http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/euro5...re-113429.html

  21. #96
    CQMS
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    tip of iceland
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    ill eat my words goldie ... better of putting that money to a new ship

  22. #97
    Commander
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    South CO. Dublin
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by zone 1 View Post
    ill eat my words goldie ... better of putting that money to a new ship
    thanks goldie thats it end of story

  23. #98
    bosun
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cork
    Posts
    1,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    fine gael says its a waste of money.. has cowen said anything yet.... the crew are in limbo at the moment... flanagan from fine gael as that fellow called it a BOAT he has to be reprimanded....

  24. #99
    Usetabanera blaisec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bombard Bernard Allens office with letters of protest, and let him know that he is fcuking with other peoples personal lives, while trying to score political advantage. Fcuking Blue Shirt!!

  25. #100
    Closed Account Goldie fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    you already know too much
    Posts
    33,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    His arguement actually holds no weight. The South American trip is just as important to the state as Fisheries protection, and probably costs less...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •