new boots needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love dem hot spots
    Last edited by knocker; 20 November 2010, 15:36.
    Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Hi all, sorry about posting in an old threat but I'm not allowed to post a new thread yet as I'm a newbie to the site.
      Anyway, long story short I'm going on a PNCO's Cse in August and I was thinking of getting a pair of boots for the combat runs.( last course there was more combat runs than regular PT).
      Has anyone seen any good deals lately on a good boot that would be suitable for combat runs?

Comment

adidas gsg are good and light for running
        is it a pdf nco,s course? wil you be allowed wear the boots??

Comment

Yeah its a PDF PNCO's Course and we are allowed wear them for combat runs as long as they are black and look like army boots and not civi boots/and different colours etc

Comment

Well broken in Issue magnums with good socks(Issue jungle/trekking socks or bridgedales)Boots will get thrashed on Battle PT and get good soakings from time to time(Enjoy the glen ) Why spend good money on a pair of battle PT boots?If you are mad to invest get a good pair of field boots instead.My preference in Lowa combat Gtx's.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I've used the magnums a few times for runs, battle PT etc and personally dont find them great, suppose I could try them again with better in-soles than the one's that come with them.

Comment

Light,dry out reasonably fast and most important free!!!Lace em up properly and wear good socks as said.I wore them for all the battle runs and some of the day navs on the Standard course.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                  Light,dry out reasonably fast and most important free!!!Lace em up properly and wear good socks as said.I wore them for all the battle runs and some of the day navs on the Standard course.
                  Not to knock them as a 'running' boot, but did you find any issues with ankle support while moving loaded?
                  "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

When doing battle pT's and combat runs you should try not to exceed 30-35 pounds in CEFO(Vest/patrol pack).That would be our benchmark.So personally they never bothered me as that's a light enough load.When wearing CEMO you need the extra support that Field boots such as haix/lowa/meindl/hanwag etc provide.Even if doing an IT part 3 the load in the CEMO bergen is relatively light so you could get away with Magnums if on level enough ground.Some units do their part three in camp others take to the hills.Horses for courses.
                    PS;Part three is due to change in the near future.CEMO is out the window.Vest and patrol pack is in.

Comment

Is the part 3 going to be a 3.2km timed run with riffle, helmet, battle vest and day sack?

Comment

PS;Part three is due to change in the near future.CEMO is out the window.Vest and patrol pack is in.
                        Thank ****. The current Part 3 is a joke.

Comment

As for boots, Adidas GSG9's are pretty good for PT's and what not. As an alternative, the AKU Navy SEAL boot is supposedly pretty good too.

Comment

Well broken in Issue magnums with good socks(Issue jungle/trekking socks or bridgedales)Boots will get thrashed on Battle PT and get good soakings from time to time(Enjoy the glen ) Why spend good money on a pair of battle PT boots?If you are mad to invest get a good pair of field boots instead.My preference in Lowa combat Gtx's.
                            Took the words right out of my mouth Apod. The issued magnum are a fantastic boot for running in once they are properly broken in. Anything else is a waste of money in my opinion when it comes to a boot for running/battle PT's when these boots are free.

Comment

The main advantage being that they are light

Comment

Given that they are now all steel toe cap, I wouldn't run in them.

Any time I wore them for anything like that my feet were destroyed no matter what socks I wore

Comment

Working...
                                X