new boots needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
    Anyone have any experience with under armour boots?
    Their the same quality as the oakely boots that lads bring back from Kosovo - shite. When buying boots, guns and cars always buy German.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
      Their the same quality as the oakely boots that lads bring back from Kosovo - shite. When buying boots, guns and cars always buy German.

Lowas it is!
      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
      He put a bullet through his brain.
      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post

Lowas it is!
        I dunno, I've had meindls before and I replaced them with lowas as they were a lot cheaper but I prefer the meindls tbh. Both of them do seriously gucci lightweight models now.

Comment

haix are german.......

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
            haix are german.......
            Heroes might wear haix but they're made in a factory in croatia

Comment

• The Haix boots have had an appalling reputation since introduced. An upper that becomes saggy when wet, a poor lacing system and poor build quality, I've seen quite a few incidents where the sole and midsole have debonded and come away on relatively new boots.
              Totally agree about the lacing system.If the ARW can have open hooks on their Lowas,and they are a jump capable unit, why oh why do we have a lacing system where the laces separate from the D rings when you take off the boots??
              Uppers could be down to improper care.IE not polishing as often as they should be.Some blokes I have come across seem to think its ok not to clean their boots on exercise/ranges as "sure I will be getting them dirty again tommorrow ".Leather uppers need to be cared for and treated in order to delay "wetting out".
              Debonding soles is probably a QC issue. Surprising though as Haix ARE a quality brand.

The light operational boot - the new viper is comfy, however they're not a durable item. The sole is prone to debonding (you can glue them yourself though) and the fabric panels on the upper aren't up to it. With abrasion they start to come apart and fluffy threads sprout from the sides so it looks like your boots have started to grow pubes!
              Agree 100%. I have used them overseas in hot weather.Not suitable as a patrol boot,only suited as a Bks item.Pity as they are more comfy than the amazons.

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
              Heroes might wear haix but they're made in a factory in croatia
              Not an issue and their is a really good reason.Explained in the link below.
              I linked to this thread before but please read the whole thread(ignore the usual BS comments and concentrate on the OP's posts).Clarifies a few things.

Gore Tex. Now you're probably thinking about the issue waterproof jacket or cold weather boots like the old skool 1990s Pro Boots. Up until Tuesday I though pretty much the same thing about Gore Tex. I knew two things about it - it's waterproof, it's breathable. I own some Gore Tex stuff...
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                Totally agree about the lacing system.If the ARW can have open hooks on their Lowas,and they are a jump capable unit, why oh why do we have a lacing system where the laces separate from the D rings when you take off the boots??
                This really begs the question, now that the boot tender is out, why not issue everybody with the Lowa?

Seems a better boot than the Haix from reports. The ARW is supposed to have a developmental role for equipment, ordinance, etc. If they find it the most suitable boot for all their roles (and these include everything the rest of the Army does) surely the Lowa should be introduced across the board.

It would also have the advantage of a simpler tender, reduced logistics tail with less brands in service, reduced costs with greater quantities (hopefully) and more uniformity throughout.

Or is all that too sensible?
                An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• It was a cost basis if I recalll, the HAIX were the no. 2 on everything but cost vs the Lowa's and were therefore selected.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Dev why are you the only person on this site that dislikes information that they disagree with when someone has gone to the effort of supplying such information?

Comment

• I dislike that this happened

Comment

Dev why are you the only person on this site that dislikes information that they disagree with when someone has gone to the effort of supplying such information?
                        I often want to do what Dev does but always feel I have to preface it with "I'm not disliking your post, more the content of your post..."
                        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                        He put a bullet through his brain.
                        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                        The hell where youth and laughter go.