new boots needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dog One View Post
    Have to say Haix are a good boot and they are free . If you are not using them at least twice a month (most PDF units dont achive this) you wont get value for them when you compare them to the haixs. Even you have them for 3 years? I wore them doing the Munroe challenge. Don’t over look the obvious and maybe invest in some other ally gear such as buffalo or snugpax. Quality gear and noting issued compares with it
    Their not free to the RDF (apart from the EX- interbaggers)

I checked out the prices and their too expensive to buy new and I dont wear second hand boots.

Thanks all the same.
    Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

vipers are not to bad eather
      Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips lads but what Im really looking for is places and prices.

And if anyones bought any boots from the states off ebay I'd be especially interested.

Thanks again.
        Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post

The most comfrotable to run on a road are either the 24bs or the matherhorns.

Do you have the same issue 24bs as everyone else?!?! I despise wearing them as for running in them....!Put might aswell strap cheese graters to your feet. Especially the newer issues as for some reason they seem of worse quality than the ones we got 5/6 yrs ago!

Makes the lowa GTX Mt Boots feel like slippers in comparison!
            "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
              I found a UK supplier of Bates boots

whats the site called???

Comment

anyone have any experience with viper s they retail about 70 € ?
                the 24bs vary in quality the older ones were blackthorn and were a nice boot and would hold up to field use ,,, the newer ones were far poorer in terms of leather quality and workmanship .
                "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Thanks APOD,
                  Your welcome
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Have to say Haix are a good boot and they are free . If you are not using them at least twice a month (most PDF units dont achive this) you wont get with it
                    EH,what exactly do you mean by that statement???:confused:
                    Operational boots(haix) are used for operational duties which occur well more than twice a month!
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

The most comfortable to stand in are the Meindls and Haix
                      Agreed,but personally i find the meindls heav

T
                      he most comfortable over rough terrain, running, crawling, wading through waist deep water are the Matherhorns.
                      WHAT??????Matterhorns are SHITE.Too warm for summer use,no ankle support and the leather soaks up water.Crap.thats why we got rid of em!

Warm, soft, good grip and dry out quicker than the rest (bar the 24bs) after they get wet.
                      You gotta be kidding me.Dont you think haix are superior?:confused:
                      each to there own i guess.

Comment

Problem solved, boots bought.

Thanks gents.

Comment

Originally posted by spudula View Post
                          Problem solved, boots bought.

Thanks gents.
                          well what did you get and where from
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Haix (issue ones) haven't great ankle support. On rough terrain they tend to go over on their sides easily. They're now redundant to me as I use my old Meindl Army Pro's in preference. A little heavy but a great hardwearing, take a lot of abuse boot.

Comment

I done got me a brand spankers new pair of DANNER ACADIA's for 75 yoyo's!!!!

YEE HAA...........

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
                                anyone have any experience with viper s they retail about 70 € ?
                                the 24bs vary in quality the older ones were blackthorn and were a nice boot and would hold up to field use ,,, the newer ones were far poorer in terms of leather quality and workmanship .
                                i bought a pair of vipers about 2 months ago no complains yet. they are light, comfortable and water proof so far
                                Last edited by madmark; 1 March 2008, 20:47.
                                Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X