new boots needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
    have no experience of either boot but i used have same problem with my mendel s any bit of running and my legs ached for days after i then replaced the insoles with sorbothane dual strike have not had the problem since most impact is reduced and your legs take much longer to tire , they are a bit on the chunky size however and make your boot smaller , worth a try for 20€
    i use the single strike for my work boots and my 24bs and they transformed them from very poor boots to a very comfortable boot ,
    Ditto on buying good insoles for the meindls, they make them much more comfortable, without the insoles meindls are not even comfortable its amazing how less tiring it is to do a duty with them in.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

sorbothane double strikes are an excellent bit of kit. well worth getting a few pairs. got my first pair 14 yrs ago and have been putting them in issue and non-issue boots ever since. (obviously not the original pair!!!). would highly recommend them for comfy feet in DF.
      An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Do a search for them on IMO to find out how to get a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          Do a search for them on IMO to find out how to get a discount.
          i try ed to get pairs off that site a few months back but they refunded money never sent me an explanation but perhaps offer is closed
          "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

I dont think its an issue that insoles will fix (but sure I'll give it a try anyway) The main problem with current boots is the rigidity and the lack of flexibility in the soles. Not practical for a long run. Thats why I want to go for the GSG92's or the Magnum Spiders.
            "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Anyone recomend a lightest/comfortable possible boot for general light/barrack duty?

I'd normally wear my haix as they're so comfortable but they're also pretty damn big and heavy.

Would love a lightweight, snug pair of new boots for day to day things.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                I dont think its an issue that insoles will fix (but sure I'll give it a try anyway) The main problem with current boots is the rigidity and the lack of flexibility in the soles. Not practical for a long run. Thats why I want to go for the GSG92's or the Magnum Spiders.
                I've heard nothing but good things from a few lads about the GSG92's. The Spiders on the other hand, my mate has a pair that he uses for Battle PT's and they went to shite on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Komsomol View Post
                  Anyone recomend a lightest/comfortable possible boot for general light/barrack duty?

I'd normally wear my haix as they're so comfortable but they're also pretty damn big and heavy.

Would love a lightweight, snug pair of new boots for day to day things.
                  Meindl Eagles are fairly comfy, did ya not get issued Magnums though?

Comment

Nope, just the barrack boots from 4 years ago recruit camp and the sweet haix dolled out there last year for tactics/enemy camp. Christmas came early that year. Apparantly safety is only a concern when the budget is flexible enough Nobody really cared though as we all had our own personally bought boots. Its just as i said, i find the haix cumbersome and heavy alot of the time.

Thanks for the advice, i always just wore the normal issued barrack boots before that with insoles (24b's?). Always wanted a nice light comfortable pair of barrack boots, ya get tired of the hard leather after a while. Think ill just shine em up to high heavens and keep them for ceremonial duties.

Comment

I find that the meindls are a great boot Untill you come across wet tarmac, concrete and varoous other surfaces that a soldier encounters, the grip is useless.
                      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Originally posted by Komsomol View Post
                        Nope, just the barrack boots from 4 years ago recruit camp and the sweet haix dolled out there last year for tactics/enemy camp. Christmas came early that year. Apparantly safety is only a concern when the budget is flexible enough Nobody really cared though as we all had our own personally bought boots. Its just as i said, i find the haix cumbersome and heavy alot of the time.

Thanks for the advice, i always just wore the normal issued barrack boots before that with insoles (24b's?). Always wanted a nice light comfortable pair of barrack boots, ya get tired of the hard leather after a while. Think ill just shine em up to high heavens and keep them for ceremonial duties.
                        Ah I see. You should be able to find a cheap enough pair of Magnums to buy just for when you're floating around the barracks. Personally I hate them but most people like them.

Comment

What is it about them you hate Alaska?

Not sure i'd want to spend money on a pair of magnums when theres a chance i'd finally be issued with them also to be honest. Might as well take my chances on another model and see what happens. Just need something as light and comfortable as possible. Gonna head out shopping soon for the janurary sales and see what i can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                            any pics of your parade boots then RGJ?
                            you've seen my parade boots now.

ive seen lots of patent leather boots polished. looks far better. much better shine
                            and i can't see how you would get a better shine on mine if you polished them!

it would only dull them if anything.

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                            they indeed are a private purchase, i think i got them for about £70 as the battalion ordered about a 100 pairs of them.
                            although nowadays when you are promoted to Sergeant you are given £455 to buy your Mess Dress and boots.

Also, which "light operational boot" do the BA use?
                            we use the standard 'Combat Assault Boots' in Temperate environments:

but black Magnums are issued in warmer climates:

and Kevlar plated Jungle Boots are also on issue for when we go to Africa etc:

most of the boots on issue now for 'patrolling' are the Meindl Desert Fox's:

obviously we have a range of winter boots too.

the only ones above that i've ever seen bulled are the standard issue Combat Assault Boots - the extra pair that never venture far off the parade square!
                            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 6 July 2010, 21:28.
                            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

What do you think of the mendle fox? I had the Army Pro for about nine years..Got three deployments and a sniper cse out of them before the fell to bits.. Not great on slippery surfaces like wet rocks.

Comment

i've never had the Desert Fox's - but i have a pair waiting for me in Colchester so i'll let you know when i get them!

we were issued Desert Magnums when I was in Iraq and they were excellent to be honest but Afghanistan is a much harsher environment than we experienced in Baghdad.

as for the Meindl Army Pro - i can't say i know anyone who had a pair of these - our lads tend to go for the Lowa's, Altbergs or HanWags but i can only assume Meindl Army Pro are a great boot too as anything they make seems top notch and i'm sure they served you well Crag, even if you did slip on the rocks!

but Edmunds Magnums are a good boot - i just wouldn't dream of 'highly polishing' them!
                                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X