No announcement yet.

new boots needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right I used the magnums this week for 2 battle pt's and not loving them at all, was wearing good socks but don't like them at all for battle pt anyway, so going to get something, has anyone any opinions on these

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      Not exactly lightweights @975gm per boot .....but yes the gucci turbo boot all right. LOWA Zephyrs maybe, 550gm a boot.
      If you're still looking at the Zephyr's, Amazon sell them now in black.

Comment

• http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...oot/pid1224003 great for battle pts

Comment

• FOR SALE:

pair of size 8L (large width fitting) brit army cold weather boots.

Hardly ever used, certainly not enough to be broken in yet.
          had a look on ebay and none for under €90 plus P+P.
          sell for €80 ono.....
          pm for details. thanks.

not the exact boots but the same type.
          Last edited by ned stark; 27 January 2014, 15:50.
          hedons have more fun.

Comment

• Jesus the lacing on the steel toe Haix is an abortion, the hooks on Meindls are a thousand times better and the laces are better and not too short!
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Stop press** DJ4 is no longer purchasing ANY type of safe toe boot except for the corps who need them most IE Whingineers and drop shorts.Normal issue of safe toes will continue to all as normal until stocks deplete EXCEPT for those deploying overseas/NBG and PDF/RDF pers attending tactical ,skills and career courses.Those pers will be issued soft toe boots**
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• FFS, I've just spent €200+ on Lowas because I was issued the POS safe toe haix. Typical!

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  Jesus the lacing on the steel toe Haix is an abortion, the hooks on Meindls are a thousand times better and the laces are better and not too short!

Haix Tibet boots

With the hooks rather than the loops as on the issue boots
                  I got a set of these before I managed to get an issue pair for a course I did
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    http://bondsafety.com/army/

Haix Tibet boots

With the hooks rather than the loops as on the issue boots
                    I got a set of these before I managed to get an issue pair for a course I did
                    I got a set of these issued to me. The only people that got them were anyone who had a size 11 + they are better than the standard issue haix and don't bag out as much on the ankles. But they don't seem to be an a widescale issue,
                    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• They were issued because there isn't a size 11 boot (haix/magnum) to be got anywhere in the DF at the moment.Those,along with the magnum Vipers were a UOR purchase.
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                        They were issued because there isn't a size 11 boot (haix/magnum) to be got anywhere in the DF at the moment.Those,along with the magnum Vipers were a UOR purchase.
                        I was one of the size 11 people...had to settle for 12...

Comment

• we (RDF infantry unit) were told that we couldnt get tactical HAIX issue boots for the recent 72 hr ex in the FOB in the glen, that the barrack boot magnum is a "light operational" boot and would be acceptable instead.

we were expected to carry out a small movement by foot from the admin legeur to the FOB carrying everything, over lobawn, into bog holes, through mud, by cavanaghs gap, down scree slope at black scar and into stranahealy... in light ops boots. My bergin and battlevest had a combined weight of 40+kg for this little soiree over a mountain in complete darkness. One guy was rescued because the GPMG wedged in the mouth of the sinkhole that opened up under him. his boots never touched the ground and only his arm wrapped around it kept him from disappearing completely.

Absolute money pinching ****ery.
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                            we (RDF infantry unit) were told that we couldnt get tactical HAIX issue boots for the recent 72 hr ex in the FOB in the glen, that the barrack boot magnum is a "light operational" boot and would be acceptable instead.
                            Told by who? You were just bullshitted and took it, I was on a career course a couple of weeks ago most bods managed to get themselves issued the safe toe Haix, they are shite but might be a bit better than magnums, if timings were better we would have got the non safe toe(according to APOD). In a lot of cases RDF just accept no when the reason for it is just cadre or stores staff laziness.

Comment

• came down from senior staff members in PDF BN, we were also fed the usual poo that this was a 48hr ex not a 72hr ex, after 3 other stories of drivers being turned away from main stores empty handed looking for kit requested on clothing forms that should have been shipped back to our home HQ barracks. sick of it at this stage.
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                                Told by who? You were just bullshitted and took it...
                                that may be so, but its the unit responsibility - not the individuals responsibility - to see that each bloke gets the kit he needs. if the OC was fobbed off/lied to then thats the OC's problem (personally, i'd be unhappy about blokes doing the task/route/carry that Morpheus describes in glorified trainers..), the OC gets to decide whether to either make a fuss or crack on with it, making the wrong decision could have serious repercussions for RDF/PDF relations as well as the OC's own career, and knowing how our system works its quite possible that by the time the OC got the full and final 'no' it was too late to do anything about it.

personally, if crap like this goes on - lack of mountain boots, lack of waterproofs etc.. i'd just buy my own. anyone who relies on other people to determine whether the need, or get, something as important as decent boots for doing the kind of ex Morpheus describes needs their head looking at.

do you guys have such things as Service Complaints?

letter to a TD might be in order - photo's of the landscape/terrain included?

Comment

Working...
                                X