No announcement yet.

Unofficial Naval Crests.(post no 1000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole funnel mascot thing came with the Peacocks but I can't be sure if the current charachters are those worn on purchase.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Simba was pretty gay. But not half as Gay as the Pink Panther in his sailor hat.

Why Eeyore? Who is the donkey?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

can t p put all the unoffical crests on for me to print off

Comment

usetabe anera

Deirdre - Mammoth - original of the species.
          Emer - Pepe le Pew- Rattle and Hum.
          Aoife - Wicked witch of the west
          Aisling - Last of the Mohicans
          Orla - Siminey Sam
          Ciara - Road Runner -Beep Beep

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
            Sorry mate, some things I don't have!

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
              G.R:wink:

Heres a couple I have.

Last edited by blaisec; 31 August 2009, 19:41.

Comment

While serving on Eithne in the late 80's/early 90's I suggested my favourite cartoon character - Foghorn Leghorn - for a funnel badge (big character, for our biggest ship) with Tweetie Pie flying around him (denoting the helo). I thought it was a good idea, unfortunately it never caught on .

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  Knows as mohicans due to the original antennae configuration, which placed most of the radio aerials on the ships centrline, looking through certain eyes as if the ship wore a Mohican.

Deirdre was a Mammoth, the original of the species(from an old britvic ad)
                  Emer is Pepe le Pew, due to the stink from her waste treatment plant,
                  Aoife is the Wicked witch of the west(witch on broomstick wearing sailors hat) as the character aoife in irish folklore is the witch who changed the children of Lir into swans.

One of the peacocks is a gun toting Yosemite Sam, while the other is Roadrunner.
                  Ciara origonally had no cartoon charactor on her funnel her funnel badge was her official crest. in the early nineties after an unofficial race with the orla which ciara won. She became the fastest ship in the fleet hence the roadrunner.

Comment

The Pink Panther on Eithne was there because she was Unique.
                    She was the only 30 class ship to be made.
                    And the whore of babylon shall riiide forth in a frenzy of excitement.

Frak me my Mandalore clobber has a two+unmod sv.

:confused:

Comment

what ??

Comment

Originally posted by zone 1 View Post
                        what ??
                        Before its current crest, of a Black Jaguar(or something) Eithne's funnel crest was the Pink Panther, complete with Sailors Hat.
                        I believe it changed prior to Eithne's South American trip.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

ah ye the pink panther i remember that one all right . probably get shot for this but of all the crest on funnels that one looked a bit silly

Comment

It didnt look a bit silly........All Eithne's looked CRAP!
                            And the whore of babylon shall riiide forth in a frenzy of excitement.

Frak me my Mandalore clobber has a two+unmod sv.

:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by over the bridge View Post
                              Ciara origonally had no cartoon charactor on her funnel her funnel badge was her official crest. in the early nineties after an unofficial race with the orla which ciara won. She became the fastest ship in the fleet hence the roadrunner.
                              no not exactly.the idea first came about because of her speed and the then xo asked people for ideas for a crest..i put forward a design which was the roadrunner , this was chosen and it was first erected around 1992 -93 on the funnel.there was a polo shirt also for crew members which said "when speeds the need"..

Comment

I want one of those LE Ciara/Yorkie Polo shirts...

I heard Frank wasn't too impressed!

Comment

Working...
                                X