Unofficial Naval Crests.(post no 1000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth hurts sometimes....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by online gooner View Post
      no not exactly.the idea first came about because of her speed and the then xo asked people for ideas for a crest..i put forward a design which was the roadrunner , this was chosen and it was first erected around 1992 -93 on the funnel.there was a polo shirt also for crew members which said "when speeds the need"..
      If I can recall the events of the time a number of suggestions were put forward the road runner was chosen because of the race and the fact that Ciara was at that time and probably still is the fastest ship in the fleet. Fair play to you for being such a good cartoonist.

Comment

Originally posted by over the bridge View Post
        If I can recall the events of the time a number of suggestions were put forward the road runner was chosen because of the race and the fact that Ciara was at that time and probably still is the fastest ship in the fleet. Fair play to you for being such a good cartoonist.
        for the life of me i cannot recall that "race".can any one on here confirm a date when that happened.i was on ciara from aug 1990-feb 1994. i did a course ashore in april 91 for 6 weeks which was the only time spent ashore during my stint onboard.

Comment

I just heard a crest has been chosen for L.E. Niamh.

Photos will follow, when I get them.
          A very appropriate mascot, for the ship involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            I just heard a crest has been chosen for L.E. Niamh.

Photos will follow, when I get them.
            A very appropriate mascot, for the ship involved.
            Right, It's to be :

Wanderly Dragon.
            He represents L.E Niamh's Asian Deployment, and the South American deployment as the ship sailed through waters that in the past were marked on the charts as "Here be Dragons"
            He is depicted as a friendly creature, but carries Neptunes trident for defence.
            This represents the Travels of the L.E. Niamh, the good nature of its crew, but with the capacity to defend themselves.

The Motto will be "Tá Dragan anseo-Here be dragons".

No doubt it is another "in-joke" amongst the crew, who had strange smirks as they told me about it.

I like it. I look forward to seeing it in colour.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Goldie fish; 23 May 2011, 21:04.

Comment

Paul Stanyer (MEO) designed Miley Mammoth for P20 before she went to Kieler Woche in 1991, the logo came from the Britvic ad - spot on Goldie Fish. Miley replaced the caveman and we were 'elephants' after Kiel, happy days.

Comment

Working...
              X