New DPM Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DPM Jacket

Was in the Curragh today and saw a cadet class wearing a DPM Jacket,, they looked well but a little to french for me,,ou'd have to look at it twice to see if it was french,,, i THINK its the same material as the wet suit!!! Looked well

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
    Was in the Curragh today and saw a cadet class wearing a DPM Jacket,, they looked well but a little to french for me,,ou'd have to look at it twice to see if it was french,,, i THINK its the same material as the wet suit!!! Looked well
    This has been mentined in another thread.
    This item is showerproof, but not waterproof.
    No, it is not French, there is a new garment coming into
    DF service.
    Then again, the one you saw may have been French,
    what with all the foreign students floating about UNTSI lately.

I have seen it too, and AFAIK, it is still on trial, i.e; there may be
    changes made to it before it goes into widespread service.
    For instance, the one I saw had shoulder epaulettes for rank
    markings, whereas all other DPM garments have chest epaulettes.
    Another point raised was that the pockets are recessed a little far back to be
    readily accessible. This too might change.

The intention is that this garment will replace the pullover.
    It will also mean the phasing out of the Norwegian shirt and
    the fleece liner for the smock.

A plain green version will be available to those who are involved in clerical
    work as part of their daily job. Or so someone said on the other thread.
    The Air Corps/Naval Service will probbaly get a blue version.
    Operational PDF units will get the DPM version.

The fact that it is DPM means that it will be allowed to be worn as an
    outer layer, whereas currently, the regulations forbid the wearing of the
    fleece liner as an outer layer, as it is green. Doesn't stop a lot of people
    though....

......... And RDF units will probably get it next century .....
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

And RDF units will probably get it next century .....

Yeah right your being very optimistic.
      Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

But all the garments it's replacing will be withdrawn from the RDF though!

Comment

Originally posted by fred the red View Post
          And RDF units will probably get it next century .....

Yeah right your being very optimistic.
          Past experience - we are still waiting on the wet gear that RDFRA said would be issued to
          those with in excess of 3 years service - something that is badly needed
          And an issue of a boonie hat to RDF recruits would have alleviated the cap badge issue
          in the short term also....

I can also remember being told by a PDF sergeant (now deceased, RIP) in 1989, that
          the then FCA were getting issued with Working Dress that year. No comms on the
          matter, but we did get issued with the jumper and trousers the following autumn.
          Had to wear the SD No.1 shirt with it in the interim. Got the green working dress
          shirt the following spring.

Originally posted by Barry View Post
          But all the garments it's replacing will be withdrawn from the RDF though!
          Exactly !

Although word on the street is that the wooly pully is no longer being issued, it is
          still being issued to RDF personnel - a "purge the stocks" scenario, if you like.
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

because they're recruits and know no better
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
            Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
            Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
            Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Ever try to remain in stores to ensure Recruits get the kit they are supposed to?

Ever try to measure the speed that stores are locked and sealed after they have been issued with the wrong stuff?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

the wooly pully stopped being issued over 4 years ago, but you still see them appearing out of nowhere and being issued to recruits. Oh well, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it (of course, if it's being issued in lieu of a norwegian then questions need to be asked)

Comment

some prefer the woolly pully tbh. tis better than the green v-neck was anyway.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

wolly pullys are itchy. The plus side is they're more breathable than norges. Just listen to a certain CQ and do as he believes we should have to for EVERYTHING (including boots and uniforms) and fork out and get something better though. *note heavy sarcasm*
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Woolly pullies and stores..does my wardrobe count as stores as I still have four of them sealed the bags in the bottom ofv my wardrobe..its great how items once in short supply end up being issued in great quantities after they have been withdrawn from genera issue.

I have lost count of the number of times I reture the 24bs back to stores..probaly the same set came back to haunt me every time.

'Oh! its Murphys turn for a set of boots... oh! heres the pair he returned last time' syndrome springs to mind>
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

24bs are better than magnums . If they're a size 12 I'll take them off your hands [ downside is I can't give you anything back ]
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Tight git
                          Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

Size twelve..lol merely a below average size eight I fear.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Replacing the norgi

Heard of a very reliable source that these DPM jackets/Tops are actually replacing the Norweign Shirt!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X