Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As promised Lads.Pics of the new fleece.Sorry for the delay
    Attached Files
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Last one.(Just out of shot under the side stitching is the manufacturers name."Cooneen Watts and Stone")
      Attached Files
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• cheers apod
        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
        He put a bullet through his brain.
        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
        The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• yeah thanks apod - good pics and it looks pretty good for 'mixed' use too.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Wore it today in gale force winds and heavy showers.It is very warm and fairly showerproof,although i would say that will fade with washing.Oh and as an aside,everybody in my Bks from the OC down is wearing them for parades and around Bks.Smock is now gonna be kept for the ground and OPS.

Comment

• Quite smart looking, tidier than the smock for parades etc.Handy for duties etc.

I would have suggested a jacket like this for armour crews years ago as its tidy and won't get caught in everything in a turret.

Might actually be a practical piece of kit.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• A better idea would be to issue armour vechicle crews with the new DPM public order coverall.Why?
                1/ One piece suit.Less to snag.
                2/Flame resistant.Handy for those lads i would think.
                3/ IP- DPM.Keeps the uniformity mafia happy.
                4/ Has plenty of handy pockets (unlike the old one) and other handy things such as velcro for name tag and rank slide tab.
                5/It's already in service.No need to develop another role specific item if one item will cover both roles.And it would.

Comment

• Thanks Apod for posting photos. Looks good was in Limerick Barracks the week-end and saw a female officer wearing one.
                  Lock and load

Comment

• Gimme it! You're PDF shur you can just go get another one!

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                      As promised Lads.Pics of the new fleece.Sorry for the delay
                      Its not a fleece, its a soft shell jacket.. Don't mean to sound anal..

Comment

• Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
                        Its not a fleece, its a soft shell jacket.. Don't mean to sound anal..
                        I know,and your right.But you are.If i was to go into work tommorrow and ask anybody have they got their soft shell in their locker they would look at me as if i had Hedgies head!
                        Now if i was to ask have they got the DPM fleece they would all know what i am on about.
                        Anyway.What does the caretag say??

Comment

I know,and your right.But you are.If i was to go into work tommorrow and ask anybody have they got their soft shell in their locker they would look at me as if i had Hedgies head!
                          Now if i was to ask have they got the DPM fleece they would all know what i am on about.
                          Anyway.What does the caretag say??
                          I know bro and honest I didn't mean to sound like a cnut.. but it no characteristics of a fleece..

Comment

everybody in my Bks from the OC down is wearing them for parades and around Bks...
                            sweet. we would never ever ever never be allowed wear a fleece on parade.
                            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Welllllllll, the dress instruction going around on the electronic noticeboards in work at the moment calls them the "DPM Fleece Jacket".

So it's a jacket.

Comment

• Thanks for posting Apod
                                The Jacket/Fleece looks like a nice piece of kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X