Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New DPM Jacket

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting never knew about it ,, looks like some type of ww2 pattern
    "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Post Thanks / Like
    Its as Goldie says the old type Jacket in a trial DPM...1988 would be the year.
    Time for another break I think......

Post Thanks / Like
    i remember we had the smock design jacket and trousers on trail a little before that, looked like current smock ( or arktis one ARW wore at the time ) but was made in the old slash pocket combat jacket material. Even had the inner liner and the bum pad. but weighed a ton in the old material!!!!
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

Post Thanks / Like
    i remember we had the smock design jacket and trousers on trail a little before that, looked like current smock ( or arktis one ARW wore at the time ) but was made in the old slash pocket combat jacket material. Even had the inner liner and the bum pad. but weighed a ton in the old material!!!!
    an that was when it was dry. While the old style combats were warm, when they got wet they were very heavy.

the style of the jacket would lend its elf better to AFV and APC crews it that its more compact and there should have been a version for these roles as the current smock is not vehicle crew user friendly and I would alos have issue about how fire retardant it is.

Old style jacket with modern features in Nomex for AFV and APC crews..any one got a few quid to develop one.

We have been developing kit for infantry and dismountable elements , detachments .webbing, assualt vest but very little though has been given to the guys who dliver these better equipped troops to the drop off point..
    worthy of note in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    why not a simple tanker suit like aircrew flight suits...obviously adapted as required for mounted ops and in dpm?

plenty of off the shelf stuff out there i'm sure.
    Last edited by X-RayOne; 18th February 2009 at 16:51.
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

Post Thanks / Like
    why not a simple tanker suit like aircrew flight suits...obviously adapted as required for mounted ops and in dpm?

plenty of off the shelf stuff out there i'm sure.
    APC crews and AFV crews alike can be dismounted in the event a of avehicle going u/s and would require the same equipment as the dismountable attachment, thats the logic behind not wearing flying suits and overalls..quite simple.

Commander in Chief RoyalGreenJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well we are 'Crusaders' after all

www - Christian Weapons offend Muslims
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Post Thanks / Like
    Director of administration memorandum of information 07/11 for the new DPM fleece is up on "Connect live" in a Bks near you.
    It states.
    1/ The fleece will only be worn with field dress.
    2/ The fleece is classed as an outer/inner garment (IE it can be worn as either).
    3/ When worn it is to be zipped up.
    4/ Rank markings and nametags will be worn on it.
    5/ When worn with the DPM shirt the shirt will be tucked in.

The fleeces are being distributed to the various stores around the country at the moment as are the new style smock.Their appears to be some delay with the shirts.
    Last edited by apod; 28th April 2011 at 13:43. Reason: Updated information.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good APOD, you have already seen our new stuff (i'm glad you haven't copied it!) - we can't really wear ours as an outer garment so if you have something you can do both with then that's handy.
    RGJ

The Rifles

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    The Dress/admin instruction for the new DPM fleece is up on "Connect live" in a Bks near you.
    It states.
    1/ The fleece is classed as an outer/inner garment (IE it can be worn as either).
    2/ When worn it is to be zipped up.
    3/ Rank markings and nametags will be worn on it.
    4/ When worn with the DPM shirt the shirt will be tucked in.

The fleeces are being distributed to the various stores around the country at the moment as are the new style smock.Their appears to be some delay with the shirts.
    The fleeces have already started to be issued to people in the Brugha. We had our sizes taken for them last week with the view to getting them next week probably.

Looking forward to seeing how the new smocks are, hopefully an improvement to what we have at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah mate but dont be too sad.Some of the new items ye are getting have some really well thought out design features( Mandarin collars/standardised sleeve pockets/shrouded buttons and compass pockets etc etc) whereas we seem to be going forwards with some items(new fleece) and backwards with others (new shirts).I also dont see the point in all our various layers having a large tri-colour on them.You only need one on your outer garment.
    An issue similar to the nametags(pack of three.male velcro attached)would have covered that.

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

Cpl
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone send me that A9 doc mentioned earlier in the thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance of throwing a pic of the new gear up APOD-

dont thow pictures of our new highly secretive above ground personal tranportation devises.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how the new smocks are, hopefully an improvement to what we have at the moment.
    are yours also going down the 'velcro biceps' route that we and many other armies have?

makes sense nowadays with the amount of flashes required for ops.
    RGJ

The Rifles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    are yours also going down the 'velcro biceps' route that we and many other armies have?

The specs were posted on IMO when the order first went out....I was unable to find them now
    Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    Any chance of throwing a pic of the new gear up APOD-

dont thow pictures of our new highly secretive above ground personal tranportation devises.
    I wont mate.Hush hush and all that
    Dont have one yet but when i get mine i will throw something up,if it doesn@t upset bandit too much that is

Nope.All that is on the sleeve of the new Fleece is a prestitched tricolour.We still havent copped onto velcro panels yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp369 View Post
    Can someone send me that A9 doc mentioned earlier in the thread?
    Ask Docman.He had it electronically.

Post Thanks / Like
    better off without the velcro biceps....the amount of badges worn by some militarys is ridiculous nowadays. thank you americans!

Post Thanks / Like
    Velcro on the sholder would be a good idea with the size of the new tricolour, they aren't going to be very tactical
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good APOD, you have already seen our new stuff (i'm glad you haven't copied it!) - we can't really wear ours as an outer garment so if you have something you can do both with then that's handy.
    Glad we haven't copied what??

Quote Originally Posted by ODIN View Post
    Velcro on the sholder would be a good idea with the size of the new tricolour, they aren't going to be very tactical
    Didn't i already make that point??

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can I get a copy of that Adm. Instr. off someone ?

As I recall its then up to Unit Commanders to issue dress SOPs - e.g. DPM outer layer at all times.

What are these items replacing ? and if I send a recruit into stores what will he get ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    A kick up the arse...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    Can I get a copy of that Adm. Instr. off someone ?

As I recall its then up to Unit Commanders to issue dress SOPs - e.g. DPM outer layer at all times.

What are these items replacing ? and if I send a recruit into stores what will he get ?
    As i said. PM Docman he has a copy.I have only seen the Instr on the new fleece on the ENB at the moment but if i see a hard copy i will try to get a copy of it.

The new fleece replaces the old fleece.Thats all.I had posted a good while back that it was also gonna replace the norgie and pullover.Thats not happening now.Pullover is still issued for those in DFHQ for wear with SD No3 and the norgie has been updated not replaced.

A recruit will get what he is scaled for.If PDF.Everything(Eventually.Recruits get a couple of different issues at different stages of training)If RDF the same basic issue as before.New norgie will be issued to RDF when stocks of the old ones run out.new fleeces,driflos etc issued to those in the RDF scaled for them again as old stock runs out.

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    A word of advice to any RDF lads in the Brugha at the moment, get yourself over to the clothing stores and chase a few t-shirts.

They're trying to clear the stocks of green dri-flo's as the new ones are coming in so they're throwing them away to everyone, including anyone looking for t-shirts. Same goes for the newer Norweigans, as they're getting replaced too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Glad we haven't copied what??
    you have seen our new fleece - you can wear yours as an outer garment - if you copied ours you wouldn't be able to.

that's all i meant.
    RGJ

The Rifles

Thread Information