Naval Reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    If your offered transport and it suits you, my advise is take advantage of it - there are enough costs associated with service in the RDF.... you won’t get mileage
    Yeah, I do agree with regards the mileage but the hassle of getting to the NSR location and back again on Sunday would nearly make driving down worthwhile if allowed of course.

Comment

17 People have been notified by e mail as far as I know, transport will be provided so I would advise using it , why use your one when the DF are providing it. the first weekend is all safety briefs and A7 , hopefully kit will be issued as well, training programmes camn and do change, you will meet friends and get to see and do things that most people don't. The class in training were able to visit HMS Diamond when she was in , they were part of a ministerial GOH and were on security for same.
      Things are looking up the NSR and the Reserve in general, its an exciting time to be in the reserve, I only wish I was starting again.

Comment

I've got the schedule which is great. Great to see how well organised everything is and how much time other reservists are putting into the training giving up their own weekends to progress others.

Late start Friday confirmed so I'm overjoyed anyway. It's averted the cancellation of a holiday and meant I can actually take some Christmas leave!

Comment

Good luck with the training if you spent a year or 40 years in the NSR you will experience things that most people never get to see or do , going to sea with the fleet is a unique experience.

Comment

Worth remembering also for those new to Haulbowline, the car park is quite a distance from anywhere training would take place.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
              Good luck with the training if you spent a year or 40 years in the NSR you will experience things that most people never get to see or do , going to sea with the fleet is a unique experience.

Yeah..... so is seasickness!!!!
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

It sure is.

Comment

Working...
                X