No announcement yet.

Offered a Commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i happen to remember a bird on my pots crs back in the year of our lord 2000, who instantly became a sgt....who then again went on an officers course......she shall remain nameless and unitless [MOD: Edit. Cop on]
    Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

I know exactly who you mean,and thats not all they do....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well Boforgunner's post made me spill my coffee laughing.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by LordFlash

Ideally an officer should in my opinion get stuck-in with the training and instruction, and not just be present at the drill at the end of the evening.
          But then again, I suppose I'm not qualified to say how they should behave, as I'm not an officer.
          The exact opposite i would think. What are the cpls and the sgts going to do while the officer is taking all the classes?
          Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
          but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
          body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
          WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

A platoon commander who is willing to get his/her hands dirty is always a bonus. Officers can get to know there platoon better that way (strengths, weaknesses etc). If an officer is more update on some information it makes sense for them to teach it, with the NCOs at the back. If there is a small number of NCOs it also takes some of the pressure off. If the officer shows interest & has more contact, in my experience it improves ALLs morale and keeps everyone on their toes.

Comment

I think treill meant that if it came down to it an officer shouldn't be afraid to get stuck in and take a class if s/he has to!
              Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by ²°°³Soldier
                what do you think of the average FCA officer?
                Egotistical, pompus, beuracratic idiots who IMHO should be replaces with PDF officers.
                Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

to you maybe... ive come across my fair share of PDF officers and the majority of them are spot on, its the opertunist element that may give them a bad name. as for the reserve element, well there are some class officers, but the majority are as i stated... a bunch of Wan*ers who couldnt lead a company out of a wet paper bad...
                  Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner Who?
                      nuts
                      Well put
                      Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                      Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                      do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Originally posted by boforgunner
                        i happen to remember a bird on my pots crs back in the year of our lord 2000, who instantly became a sgt....who then again went on an officers course......she shall remain nameless and unitless .....
                        What is the promotion process in the RDF, i.e. at what levels are these decisons made, is there a board, how many sit on it, is there a prescribed date of rank to make you eligible?

The above scenario blows my mind but I have no doubt it's true...similiar scenarios can happen in the US but not to the extent of getting promotions, by and large, that's out of the hands of individual units.
                        "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

For promotion to officer:

Your PDF Unit Commander recommends you (there may be a unit level interview) to the PDF FCA Brigade Commander, there is an interview with him + 2 FCA officers, you must past a medical and then go on the pre pot officers course, followed by the pot officers course

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                            I'm restraining myself......
                            ......if the RDF want good junior officers find another way to select. ..but stop poaching good senior NCOs..
                            ...but leave the thirty something sergeants alone!

Comissioning senior NCO's can leave a vacuum but surely the individual should not be prevented from advancement because they are competent? Nobody is forced to accept a commission..
                            No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                            No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

Originally posted by ²°°³Soldier
                              Just wondering (dangerous most times) if it was offered to you, would you accept a commission? What do you think would influence your decision.
                              NO, experience & personal reasons (I won't elaborate)

Comment

Note the title on the CD on the link above.

If you remember correctly kermit I did ONE day of a course spread out over 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X