Arktis Special Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arktis Special Offer

Arktis currently have a special offer (open to UK only, but you may know someone with a UK address)

K171 Hybrid Battlevest in Brit or French DPM

UK£ 39.99 including P&P (saving UK£95)!

But support the store!

Why would anyone want to waste their money on this stuff?

Comment

Airsoft :P

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Have seen, Worn and know people who have used that vest, its good, perfect for rdf personal who are looking for a good all rounder vest.
        Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          Arktis currently have a special offer (open to UK only, but you may know someone with a UK address)

K171 Hybrid Battlevest in Brit or French DPM

UK£ 39.99 including P&P (saving UK£95)!

But support the store!
          You obviously were browsing the Combat and Survival magazine then... ???
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            You obviously were browsing the Combat and Survival magazine then... ???
            On another note, did anyone see the new vest and camo being modeled in this months issue?
            Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by FougaM View Post
              Why would anyone want to waste their money on this stuff?
              The Foreign Legion would for a start.

Thousands of the bloody things all made and supplied by Arktis
              Attached Files
              Last edited by FMP; 7 September 2014, 08:46.
              We travel not for trafficking alone,
              By hotter winds our fiery hearts are fanned,
              For lust of knowing what should not be known,
              We make the Golden Journey to Samarkand.

Comment

Looks really cheap and flimsy. I'd say even an airsofter would make shit of it pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by F_M View Post
                  Looks really cheap and flimsy. I'd say even an airsofter would make shit of it pretty quickly.
                  Well way back before it became the fashion to wear battle vests, chest rigs, gucci smocks etc, Arktis were the only ones making them and lead the way in R & D and set the standard. They ended supplying them and other items of kit to MOB's all over Europe. The French, the Dutch, The BA, most of the Police forces in the UK and the good old ARW.

But what would the aforementioned lot know about kit eh? Your probably right there F_M, these airsofter's, hard as fcuk! Its them who should be testing kit! Why give it to professional soldiers (and plod) when that lot can trash it over the weekend? Save a fortune on tests and trials a MOB would.

Dare say there's a few folks on here that have had the odd item or two from Arktis, would be interesting to hear what they have to say. Lets leave the "looks" out of it shall we?

You want airsoft? Buy webtex, miltex and all the other tex's out there.
                  Last edited by FMP; 9 September 2014, 09:07.

Comment

I wore one on tactics until this year when we finally got access to the new gear.
                    Never had an issue with it and it was far better than 58s or PLCE to me anyway.
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by FMP View Post
                      ...would be interesting to hear what they have to say....
                      i've not got any of Arktis's load carrying gear, but i've got a smock that is superbly made and an old Stowaway windproof shirt - if i was going to war in a cold/wet environment (Scotland?/Falklands etc..) i'd take the smock, even though its DPM and not MTP, over anything i've ever been issued.

i've never heard anything to suggest Arktis's previously stellar reputation has gone down hill, so i doubt anyone will have a problem with their stuff.

Comment

I bought the green version of this rig back in 2003, costly at the time about £120 stg, mutts nuts and I worked it hard. I passed it on to a guy recently who couldn't believe what he was getting in the condition it is in and he uses it regularly for hunting.

The were the original and the best of chest rigs. Probably a little dated now but a fine piece of work.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by FMP View Post
                          Well way back before it became the fashion to wear battle vests, chest rigs, gucci smocks etc, Arktis were the only ones making them and lead the way in R & D and set the standard. They ended supplying them and other items of kit to MOB's all over Europe. The French, the Dutch, The BA, most of the Police forces in the UK and the good old ARW.

But what would the aforementioned lot know about kit eh? Your probably right there F_M, these airsofter's, hard as fcuk! Its them who should be testing kit! Why give it to professional soldiers (and plod) when that lot can trash it over the weekend? Save a fortune on tests and trials a MOB would.

Dare say there's a few folks on here that have had the odd item or two from Arktis, would be interesting to hear what they have to say. Lets leave the "looks" out of it shall we?

You want airsoft? Buy webtex, miltex and all the other tex's out there.

Chill the **** out! I was only making a comment about what I could see from looking at it through the internet, so looks do kind of come into it. First impressions and all that.
                          My comment about airsofter's is directed at this, that the webbing looks like it wouldn't stand up to the demands that a soldier puts on it.

I have looked at Arktis's stuff plenty of times and I think their BVs look cheaply made and badly designed. Which I find strange considering their smocks look very good and I have heard that they are the dogs gonads.

In 1908 the Mills Equipment company were the only ones making webbing and leading the way in R and D and set the standard then but the pattern 1908 webbing is pretty shit now. Just because a company were once the best in the business doesn't mean they will always be. Plenty of companies have, after making a name for themselves with good kit, outsourced to China or India and now make cheap kit and, to me, it looks cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by F_M View Post
                            Chill the **** out!
                            Holy Moses!! One would have thought that all the and would have been an indication of my chillness . Tis a shame that humour even if it contains a little touch of sarcasm does not translate well over the old interweb.

All still made in Devon by the way .
                            Last edited by FMP; 10 September 2014, 15:55.

Comment

i am going shopping - i did not know Arktis were doing kit in MTP/MEP/Multi-cam/whatever the hell it is...

its possible i may be some time, if i go missing, listen out for a woman going mental - i'll be the one pretending to be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X