Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What do you Think of irish joining the brits

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't mind, wish them the best.

100 63.29%
  • They are traitors who shouldn't come home.

10 6.33%
  • Sick of this type of Thread. Move on ffs (added by MOD)

48 30.38%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny2times View Post
    Im clearly not. Im here for a reason

I could say that you must be on the 'www.turncoat.com' website or the 'www.forgetwhathappenedinthelast800years.com' website?

Im not here to provoke, or to start a political discussion, I merely gave my views, so keep your provocitive comments to yourself. My brother is an officer in the Irish Army, but he is also a republican, so he cant have the same views as me becuase he serves down south? thats what it seems your saying. And no, im not an 'armchair republican' so keep it shut.

Thought you were more decent than that Hedgehog. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    800 years?
    In the 1200s, the "british" were mostly french, specifically norman(first arriving in 1169). You really really really need to revise your history. The "British" didn't really settle here as "opressors" until the Reformation in the 1600s(400 years ago only).
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, unless of course that opinion is misguided, ill informed, and has the potential to cause further animosity between the only 2 english speaking countries in Europe. Better off having an educated opinion, rather than just a random, ignorant one.
    As for your brother, if he does have the same opinions as you, I would consider him a serious security risk.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Private 3*
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not going to spend all day arguing here and you guys can consider me beaten if you wish, I'm not going to try and punch a brick wall, It's obvious that people here have different opinions here and I truly respect that, but some of them don't know when to keep their mouths shut and when to take people's opinions as they are. I don't have an ignorant opinion you should really read up on your history and stop being such a smartass. Also, Goldie, I wouldn't consider him a security threat and frankly it's naive for you to think so, he was obviously good enough to get a cadetship and complete his cadetship, meaning he is good at what his job is, what he was trained for, political opinion and personal views shouldn't come into it. Now I will leave the topic, and not post again, as I am sickened by the posts I have seen directed towards me, and moreso republicanism. If you can't be polite in what you say, its better not to say it all.

John.

Private 3*
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be grateful if one of the mods would delete my account also. I came here to discuss my interest in the Irish Military, not to be slated for my opinions.

Slán.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be grateful if one of the mods would delete my account also. I came here to discuss my interest in the Irish Military, not to be slated for my opinions.

Slán.
    It's not your opinion that's really the problem, it's how you express it!
    Theirs not to make reply,
    Theirs not to reason why,
    Theirs but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think of Ex-Irish defense Force personnel joining the (IRISH REGIMENT) British army?
    Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Post Thanks / Like

Slán.

I hate when people spout this shite

WHy not just fade away with out the historonics

and why tell fibs about your non existent provo brother

taraaaaaaaa chuck
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Private 3*
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks lads for voicing your opinions.

I love all people irrespective of their creed or race.

I am young and naive.

I will go and find a RA site where I will be welcome along with my brain washed sectarian friends.

Cheers

[MOD: This post may have accidentally been deleted, modified & completely reworded ]

Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might recall we had a referendum about 10 years ago (80% in favour) where we recanted all claims over Northern Ireland.
    We re-worded the legalistic territorial claim with a clear statement of the aspiration of our nation for unity taking into account the opinions of the minority in the six counties. Hardly walking away now was it!

As for your brother, if he does have the same opinions as you, I would consider him a serious security risk.
    The majority of Officers have a loyalty to the country they serve. I consider your vile opinions a security risk.

This guy came onto this site, expressed a perfectly valid opinion and was hounded off. The myopia of some posters here is astounding. How any of those west brits can wear the DF uniform, once the uniform of the Volunteers is stomach churning.
    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
    Gen. Robert E. Lee

Private 3*
    Post Thanks / Like

Slán.
    when i started this thread i never thought i'd get a reaction like this, go home cry into your pillow.
    Anyway i set up this thread to see peoples reactions. i myself am off to join the brits hopfully as an officer if not i'll go in normally and hopefully work my way up, shouldn't be too hard, i already have degree in engineering. (not trying to be big-headed jus i know it will help my application).
    I am really looking forward to it if i get, hopefully start in the summer. As for my family i am pretty sure that the rest of my family wont speak to me except maybe one of my brothers and i have a big family.
    i have always wanted to be an officer in the irish army a dream since i was child but in recent years i've changed my mind and decided on the brits because the pdf hasn't really developed as must as i hope. i dont agree with ireland being a neutral country, i dont think any country can be neutral when there is countries like afghanistan, somalia, darfur and pakistan etc bein run the way they are run. once there are threats to world from such countries then everyone must make a stance on the issue not stand on the fence because these countries dont care about neutrality.
    anyway off the point.
    i hated what the british army did to Ireland, but thats now in the past its time to move on, after all they were only following orders even though some were malicous towards the 'paddies'.
    Im sure many people will hate me for it and i completely understand, i used to hate them myself but now i truly understnd why they do it. they go because they want to fight to get real action dont get me wrong i completely respect and envy what the irish df have done around the world they have made a huge difference to so many people. but i dont think thats for me anymore. ya never no ya mite see me on nationwide in a few years
    ha

"Nice ass, Samson..." mutter nutter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    We re-worded the legalistic territorial claim with a clear statement of the aspiration of our nation for unity taking into account the opinions of the minority in the six counties. Hardly walking away now was it!

The majority of Officers have a loyalty to the country they serve. I consider your vile opinions a security risk.

This guy came onto this site, expressed a perfectly valid opinion and was hounded off. The myopia of some posters here is astounding. How any of those west brits can wear the DF uniform, once the uniform of the Volunteers is stomach churning.
    West Brit's?.....well some of us would have been delighted and proud to serve in the Irish DF's, it's not often easy, at the moment people can't get in because they won't let people in....no money ya see, so what are they supposed to do?........are the flood and it is a flood now, of Irish people going into the various branches of the British military all traitors to the Republic?

West Brit's, you cheeky little cock juggler.
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW if that insult earns me a trip to the shower's it was worth it, I won't have my loyalty to this country called into doubt, even on the net......and yes I know he said people in the DF, but **** it.
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy came onto this site, expressed a perfectly valid opinion and was hounded off
    He is as entitled to his opinion as I am

he is also entitled to post withing the regs as I am

I thoroughly disagree with his opinion and I told him so

so did others- he then did the big martyr /hunger striker drama queen bit

and legged it- he didnt stay on for my finale

and he robbed my make up a fake web site to back up cynicism.com trick

What do you mean by the Majoirty having a loyalty- are you aware of some Officers

not being loyal to the Country- if so back this up and I personally will report it for you

PM me if you want - if not, withdraw that allegation.

how come gerry adams junior is allowed his opinions but you consider Goldies opinions vile?

The myopia of some posters here is astounding. How any of those west brits can wear the DF uniform, once the uniform of the Volunteers is stomach churning
    WHat are you meaning here?

In Arduis Fidelis rod and serpent's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mutter nutter View Post
    West Brit's, you cheeky little cock juggler.

`kin funny

Post Thanks / Like
    [Mod:A blanket warning to EVERYONE in this thread - attack the post, not the poster]

Private 3*
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Viking, your right. And for your info Hedgehod my brother is an army officer, Im not a jerry adams junior, and your probabaly the biggest moron here by being hypocritical with this post

'He is entitled to post within the regs as am i'

You called me a chuck, called my brother a provo among many other things, my only hope is another MOD approves my post before you do, becuase obviously you are afriad to let me fight my corner and defend myself so you have edited and deleted my post completely.

In Arduis Fidelis rod and serpent's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I hold the opinion that they shouldn't come home, not while serving under the crown anyway.

and no, i dont give a damn about any other army but i have my own personal moral objection against the support of the army and government that still occupies the country I was born and reared in with her own people.

The again, It's my own opinion, and of course im entitled to it.

Free speech is over rated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rod and serpent View Post
    Free speech is over rated.
    And it doesn't exist on a privately owned forum.

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I hold the opinion that they shouldn't come home, not while serving under the crown anyway.

and no, i dont give a damn about any other army but i have my own personal moral objection against the support of the army and government that still occupies the country I was born and reared in with her own people.

The again, It's my own opinion, and of course im entitled to it.

I can just see that guy, still running around wearing platform shoes, flares and a parka jacket.

C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im clearly not. Im here for a reason

I could say that you must be on the 'www.turncoat.com' website or the 'www.forgetwhathappenedinthelast800years.com' website?

Im not here to provoke, or to start a political discussion, I merely gave my views, so keep your provocitive comments to yourself. My brother is an officer in the Irish Army, but he is also a republican, so he cant have the same views as me becuase he serves down south? thats what it seems your saying. And no, im not an 'armchair republican' so keep it shut.

Thought you were more decent than that Hedgehog. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    This 'provocative' response, from one who is not an armchair republican, with 15 posts to his name to a post from someone who has 6000+ posts is fighting talk I would think.

J2t - if you're not here to provoke, or to start a political discussion, then i suggest that you "Preview Post" (beside "Submit Reply"), and read your post before you post it. This response IS provocative, and you ARE making this into a political discussion.

and this is just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    This issue was eventually going to raise its head in a topic like this.

I don't have an ignorant opinion you should really read up on your history and stop being such a smartass.
    I have stayed out of this debate till now. Total waste of time debating. BUT then you say the above implying that those who don't share your opinion are ignorant of Irish History.

I don't share your opinion. I read my history - I have the qualifications to prove it. Maybe it is time for you to read some REPUTABLE historians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Docman View Post
    Maybe it is time for you to read some REPUTABLE historians.
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!

"Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Post Thanks / Like
    so you have edited and deleted my post completely.
    That was I and not Hedgehog.

You said you were going, please go.

PS You're embarrassing yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    from one who is not an armchair republican, with 15 posts to his name to a post from someone who has 6000+ posts is fighting talk I would think.

Mate I know what you mean but

on this web site it doesnt matter whether you have 6 gazillion posts

or 1 post

your opinion and views are just as valid

But we are all affilliated to the Defence Forces in some way here

and most of us have sworn the Oath

so we dont go for that there rebel rousing chat

I suggest the jhonny 2 times stay on the site reel in his radical views and sit watch and learn a bit

and then throw in the odd post or 2

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother is an officer in the Irish Army, but he is also a republican, so he cant have the same views as me becuase he serves down south?

Now that implies a lot. but his oath as a commissioned officer is to the Republic of Ireland

and its elected government.

Connaught Stranger.

Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    but his oath as a commissioned officer is to the Republic of Ireland
    His oath is to the constitution, aspiration for unity and all.

BTW if that insult earns me a trip to the shower's it was worth it, I won't have my loyalty to this country called into doubt, even on the net......and yes I know he said people in the DF, but **** it.
    Man, are you for real? You won't have your "loyalty" to our country called into doubt, and, wait for it, your about to go off and swear loyalty to a foreign monarch??? You couldn't make this shit up. This has to be the funniest post I've read all year!
    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
    Gen. Robert E. Lee

Thread Information