• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday - 20 February 2009

Run
    Distance: 2.6 miles
    Time: 20:49 mins
    Details: I decided to take this one slow out of the trap and then just keep a steadyh pace throughout. This seems to have worked in my favour seeing as I have shaven almost an entire minute off my time. I went my furthest without stopping today, I think it was around 2.3 mile's but seeing as I can't get a high enough resolition on Map my Run, I can't give an accurate distance. I only walked once then and that was a mere 50m at most. Then I ran the rest of the way, I did get quite pissed off here though because some stupid wanker decided to walk his dog right into me, so I had to jump over it!!! And them some kids purposely cut me off when I was turning onto my last 10m stretch. But other that than I feel great, Put in alot of effort and it paid off. I am happy.
    Link - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/299080166361 *route Taken Backwards*

Tomorrow is a rest day, as my runn plan is 2 days running, then 1 day off. However I might get started on my circuits tomorrow. If I do, it will be for nothing involving strenuous work on my legs because they are bollixed!!! Now I am off to have a............bath.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• hint

gmap-pedometer.com is the free, no login required, route planner for runners cyclists and walkers. Measure your distance in miles or km, see elevation graphs, and track calorie burn all one one page.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Friday 20 February

Went for my DFTC run, but stretched it out (according to Mapmyrun.com) from
        3.38km to 3.92km, which I completed in 20 mins 13 seconds. Was well happy with
        the effort, seemed to be motoring around nicely, but the weather was lovely for
        a gallop today

Am gonna try and stretch it further to go the length of the middle road a second time
        to the MP Det, and back down the hill to the Tpt Yard and back around to the
        gym (today, I came back from Plunkett to Dining Centre West and then down the hill
        to the gym)

According to mapmyrun.com, this particular route is 4.68km
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Truck Driver; 20 February 2009, 21:07.
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
          Friday - 20 February 2009

This seems to have worked in my favour seeing as I have shaven almost an entire minute off my time....
          Fair fcuks Dazzler - keep it up
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Went for 5mile yesterday with friend. Took it easy as we're not on the same level of fitness when it comes to running.

Did the 5.2miles or 8.4 km in 41min 18sec. Nice flat terrain.
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
              Went for 5mile yesterday...

Comment

• Ya, well when you have 8kgs to lose, I have to punish yourself for all the easy living I've been doing over the past few months. I'm 95kg, want to bring that down to 90 again.

I've gotten into a nice little wake up and pre sleep routine of press ups, situps, squats and back extensions. Only takes 15min and its a good way to just add on that little more training when you have the time, as well as building up a good strong core to build on.

Morning and Night circuit:

1 x max push ups (Around 40 at moment) keeping elbows tight into sides

6 x 20 situps/crunch variations - Crossover/Hips up/Crunch feet up/ Crunch feet down/ oblique crunch/ reverse crunch. akes about 8-9min

1 x 50 squats - fast as can while maintaining correct positioning

10 x 5sec superman back extensions (lying face down on floor, lift chest and legs off ground)
                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• I was talking to a lad who is brand new to my Unit and we were talking about fitness etc

he told me what I consider an amazing trainging technique-

it may suit some but wont suit all- adapt it to yourself if you wish

On your IPOD set up a play list with your favourite songs

lets pretend each song lasts about 3 mins

after every 3 songs

have 2 to 3 really good rock ones or songs to get the feet tapping

whole lot of rosie- fourtunate son- hollywood nights (are my current ones)

when these come on- push your self out and in your head (extremely important) sign the songs

pretend your Bob Seeger- Creedance clearwater etc- really stretch it for these songs

that should give you a good mile or so of fast pace-

now here is why that young lad is a genuis

when he was doing recruit training and they were out for a run- when the PTI took it up a notch

all he simply did was sing his fast songs in his head (told you) and he said he never had a problem

with the speeding up bits

try it and see how it feels for you

or dont try it I dont give a shite whether you do or dont
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• If anyone's interested in just something a little different to the normal training mentality,

Check it out

Comment

• Sunday - 22 February 2009

Run
                      Distance: 2.6miles
                      TIme: 21:39 mins
                      Details: I didn't take this run too hard, I feel I could have made it to the very end without walking except or the wind that was blowing against me for the last mile or so. Nothing particularily special about it, only one walk for 20m. I went slower than usual at the start and with the wind blowing against me, I feel that accounts for the lost 50 secs. Feeling good though. Still with the pain in my leg, but it isn't there as I run, only when I stop so I am gonna keep at it.
                      Link - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/299080166361 *route Taken Backwards*

Hedgie, as soon as I get more songs on my new computer, (given my Ipod is Synced with my laptop which was stolen and has All my music on it), I am gonna give that a try, it sounds good!!!
                      Last edited by Dazzler; 22 February 2009, 17:01. Reason: My own Mongness.

Comment

• Monday - 23 February 2009

Run
                        Distance: 2.6 miles.
                        Time: 21:38 mins.
                        Details: Much the same as yesterday, but I had to walk twice because I couldn't seem to get air into my lungs near the end of the run, my throat closed alot of the way!!! My Shin Splints are a helluva lot worse that they were yesterday, Gonna have a bath later in the hope that it will help cure it! Gotta find a heat wrap if I can!!! Also have an officer in my Unit who is into Marathons and the like, so next time I see him, gotta get some tips!!!

Thanks for reading lads,
                        Gav.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steyr Fan View Post
                          So much for the best laid plans.
                          Last week, went for a run in the Pheonix Park, nice day, lets give it a go. It went ok, 4km in 23 mins, but the crazy thing was that the next day, my lower left back felt like it was broken, coule a days later, the pain had moved down to my left calf muscle. By hell, it was sore. what the hell did I do wrong? I have no idea. I did a very through warm up & cool down.:confused:

Anyway, my routines have been put on hold probably till next week. Start back again, and hope & pray all goes well.

btw, Daz, keep it up. And i'm 43
                          Update: the above injust was a sciatic nerve (not sure about spelling). It's not a sore now as it was, but I will need to rest it for another week.

Comment

• Do lots of toe taps (foot off ground, toe all the way up and then all the way down).

Stop running on concrete!! Run on grass/cycle/swim

Check what kind of nick your runners are in

Shin spilts can lead to stress fractures!

Comment

• Wednesday 25 February 2009

Did my 3.2km around DFTC today.

Hadn't run since last Friday, as I was down in the People's
                              Republic with the boss over the weekend and wasn't back until yesterday
                              Indeed thought I'd spot Dazzler bashing about when I got caught in a
                              traffic jam at the Mahon Point Shopping Centre !!!

Felt that it wasn't going great about halfway around.

Sure enough, on approach to Dining Hall West, I had to pull up briefly, then go
                              on.

Pulled up again at the Arty School and was about to jack it when I checked
                              the stopwatch - just over the 13 min mark.

Bashed on back to the gym and did it in 17 mins 5 secs.

Think I might have been pushing the pace a little too much, but did
                              sufficient warmups and warmdowns - the now lack of shin splints
                              after the runs is testament to that...

Comment

• Wednesday - 25 February 2009

Run
                                Distance: 2.6 Miles
                                Time: 21:49
                                Details: This run was a little slower than usual and I did walk 3 time's, this could have been due to me hitting the beer big time on Monday night. Or it could have just been me, I won't make excuses for it, I will just improve it tomorrow. Leg still a bit screwed up but had a boiling hot bath a while ago which eased the pain slightly!

TD, there was a Traffic Jam each day over the weekend near Mahon Point, and I walked by each one!!! I could well have walked past ya!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X