My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
    I wasn't taking it as an insult. Just a suggestion to see how your able to do at your current fitness.
    i never meant it as a challenge though cause i know i couldnt do it now as my fitness really isnt great at the minute...but it does sound like a good way to get used to the weight and distance etc, im estimating it would take me a helluva lot longer than 56 mins
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Its like walking with a modern school bag judging by the weight of my nieces school books!
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
        Its like walking with a modern school bag judging by the weight of my nieces school books!
        well i weighed my college bag there a while ago, just out of curiosity and it was a stone and a half, but thats got my laptop in it too

Comment

• Good luck.
          Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder
            Height: 182cm
            Weight: 85kg
            Waist: 33 in
            Gut: Most definitely, yes.

So here I am. Repeating first year in college, royally f**ked things up with the greatest girl i've ever met, f**cked up on the cadets, rugby days behind me, and as fit as...well, nothing living.

After that little whinge, I feel it's time I said why I posted. Being at the above low, I figured that it's time to stop the moping and get the game face on. Since stopping rugby due to injury 2 years ago, fitness has gone to the dogs, weight has ballooned up and down, and strength is nothing like it used to be. Since things ending with said girl, weight gain has occured, and every time i stand up a little more of my toes disappear.

So I've decided that the crap stop here. I'm setting out goals, short term and long term, and i'm sticking to them. I'm posting this amongst people who one day I willl have as my peers and colleuges, so that I will not wuss out, and give up.

Goals are as follows;

Immediate:
            1) Give up alcohol
            2) Give up shitty food, late night eating, eating too much, general pricking about when food is involved.
            3) Give up the "I'll do it later attitude" I've recently developed.

Short term: (January)
            1) To be able to run 2 miles non stop at a decent pace.
            2) To be able to do 50 press ups in one continous set.
            3) To lose at least some of the lagging jacket i've grown around my midsection.
            4) To find a sport to take part in, and dedicate myself to.

Long term: (July)
            1) To be on my way to becoming a cadet, or a 2 star in the RDF.
            2) To be able to do 100 press ups + in one continous set.
            3) To be able to run 10 miles non stop at a decent pace.
            4) To be on my way to being able to bare the midsection in public and not have a Norwegian lob a harpoon my way.
            5) To have climbed one mountain.

Super long term: (I can dream, can't I)
            1) To be able to pull off a 300 costume at Halloween, unless of course I'm doing my 15 months in the Curragh.

Well, it's public now, so I guess there's no going back on it with out looking more of a prat than I do.

Wish me luck,

Capt. B,
            Dedicated Walt.
            good luck buddy, my goals are something similar too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder
              Height: 182cm
              Weight: 85kg
              Waist: 33 in
              Gut: Most definitely, yes.
              Whoah, whoah, whoah. Why in the hell are you freaking over weight control? That sounds like a very reasonable weight for that height and waist size. Hell, I'd even say it would do you no harm to concentrate on gaining some Lean Body Mass(Muscle).

Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder
              So here I am. Repeating first year in college, royally f**ked things up with the greatest girl i've ever met, f**cked up on the cadets, rugby days behind me, and as fit as...well, nothing living.
              S**t happens, keep the head up and move on.

Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder
              Goals are as follows;

Immediate:
              1) Give up alcohol
              2) Give up shitty food, late night eating, eating too much, general pricking about when food is involved.
              3) Give up the "I'll do it later attitude" I've recently developed.

Short term: (January)
              1) To be able to run 2 miles non stop at a decent pace.
              2) To be able to do 50 press ups in one continous set.
              3) To lose at least some of the lagging jacket i've grown around my midsection.
              4) To find a sport to take part in, and dedicate myself to.

Long term: (July)
              1) To be on my way to becoming a cadet, or a 2 star in the RDF.
              2) To be able to do 100 press ups + in one continous set.
              3) To be able to run 10 miles non stop at a decent pace.
              4) To be on my way to being able to bare the midsection in public and not have a Norwegian lob a harpoon my way.
              5) To have climbed one mountain.
              Sounds solid. You seem to know what you want. I would be kind of curious about the 100+ push-ups in one continous set though. Not impossible by any stretch of the imagination, but remember the further you progress in your training, the harder it is to spur more progress. Unfortunately, pure determination simply doesn't work after a while(although it should always be present).
              FWIW I suggest going to your local gym and working with the trainers there.

As far as aesthetics go, remember one thing. Form follows function. Your body has a certain appearance when it performs at a high level. So basically what I'm saying is that your goals will give you the body you seem to be seeking without you having to worry about what exercises you should be doing to look a certain way.

Best of luck in your goals.
              All the best.

Comment

• well back at the gym yesterday and today
                talking with the PTI in the gym and im starting a training program
                next week im going to post height,weight,waist and bmi as im only doing the waist measurement this week
                Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• hi guys
                  found this a few weeks back www.military.com/military-fitness/
                  some good advice and workouts
                  Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• hi guys have not being training the last 9 days due to illness

Comment

• might not have being able to train the last few days but iv managed to drop 3 inches off my belly and 1 inch off my chest and all im doing is drinking 2 to 3 liters of water a day

Comment

• I missed the couch to 5k for around a month due to moving house (stressful never again!!), my fitness level has dropped over that month!

Over the last 2 weeks I've done a few runs, been to the gym around 4/5 times, cycled to work a couple of times (1.64 miles / 2.63 km (each way))

I started Wk 8 last night - 5 min walk, 28 min run, 5 min walk

I wasn't able to run the full distance - probably walked for a total of 2-3 minutes of the 28 but just put it into mapmyrun - 6.24 km / 3.89 miles

I'm happy enough, its covering distance that I'm more worried about and then I can work on time
                        Last edited by DeV; 1 December 2009, 18:51.

Comment

• A tip my mammy-in-law got

Only eat fruit in the morning, this apparently will assist in
                          weight loss to a degree
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Go to plenty of concerts

(my poor feet)
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                            Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                            Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                            Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              A tip my mammy-in-law got

Only eat fruit in the morning, this apparently will assist in
                              weight loss to a degree
                              Kind of half true.
                              Fruit is full of natural sugars(carbohydrates) and a carb rich meal will spike your insulin levels. Insulin is a hormone which at a very basic level tells the body's "storage units" to open up, pull in "stuff" and store it. The main storage units are the muscles, liver, and fat cells, and the "stuff" to be stored are the nutrients we eat (protein, carbs, fat, etc.). Insulin opens up those storage units, but each of them have their own degree of responsiveness to this hormone. The more sensitive a unit is, the easier it will open up and store nutrients(this includes fat cells). Carbs are recommended in the morning because your body has just been through an 8-10 hour fast(sleep) and your body needs to be fed.

There's a school of thought out there that recommends no carbs after 3PM but I find that to be a bit extreme tbh. Simple hard work and a bit of diet watching will get most people here where they want to be(judging from reading through the thread).
                              Eating fruit only in the morning time won't affect your weight loss a whole lot. Avoiding carb rich meals and snacks before bed(about 3-4 hours before I'd recommend) will do just fine. Eating your fruit and veggies throughout the day would be just fine. A piece of fruit in place of your mars/tayto would also do wonders.

Also, seeing as I'm not seeing it mentioned a whole lot in the thread: weight training and cardio(i.e. not just cardio goddammit) along with a steady low-carb diet is best for weight loss.

Comment

• I would avoid fruit in the morning as it is full of simple sugars. These are rapidly absorbed by the body and do not really get the metabolism going. A breakfast of harder to digest carbs such as muesli or porridge (avoid Special K - while it's low fat, it is still extremely high in sugar) will start your metabolism and keep it going at an elevated rate for more of the day. If you manage your intake after breakfast your body will be forced to convert more fat into fuel. Adrenalin also boosts your lipolysis (fat conversion) so a good breakfast and some exercise are the best start to the day.
                                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Working...
                                X