My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
    Happy out but I have to take the route I am currently running down to 20.30 mins if I want to be an RMC.
    You're only off your time by roughly 3 minutes, keep up the good work and you'll have it down in now time.

As I see you're gonna have a bash at becoming an RMC well then get yourself a nice picture of that lovely green beret and stick it somewhere in your room. So every time you're going for a run, you'll see exactly what you're working for. It's what I'm doing at the moment, although it's a different green beret I'm after

Keep up the good work mate and you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
      As I see you're gonna have a bash at becoming an RMC well then get yourself a nice picture of that lovely green beret and stick it somewhere in your room...
      See post 41
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
        See post 41
        Ya beat me to it

Comment

Just remember, there's always someone out there who's fitter than you, stronger than you and faster than you. While you're wondering where to find some motivation, they're out training.
          As you well know, that [ or something like it ] is written on the entrance to CBB Gym.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            As you well know, that [ or something like it ] is written on the entrance to CBB Gym.
            It was once upon a time, don't think it's there anymore though? I haven't been admiring the doors lately unfortunately.

Comment

Simple answer:

Put this picture on your wall, so you can see it whenever you are getting togged
              out for a trot.......

Crack on, keep it up......
              Actually speaking of which the link for the RMC tool (which appears to be the same as the BA's "army fit" tool is here http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/training-tool.htmlon for building up to complete the fitness test.

Just started using it today with the intention of building myself up for the cadets (if the comp goes ahead) or for the asob in BA if it doesn't. Will be interesting to see how things go.

Run
              Distance - 4.51km
              Time 26:26
              Location - UCD from residences up to the top of fosters avenue, down the hill, in the closkeagh entrance and followed the road around back to the residences. Will run the other way next time as there's more uphill.

The circuits - Went into circuits straight after the run and managed one before going saying "thats enough". Conclusions - upper body strength isn't great. Serious work required. Still its a start. Small steps.
              Last edited by northie; 10 February 2009, 00:55.

Comment

Tuesday - 10 February 2009

Run
                Distance: 2.6 miles
                Time: 23.07
                Details: Hard going, I went out at 9 am after getting out of bed at 430, and only sleeping 1 hour since 7pm last night. I was a little tired, and it was cold, the sun was shining though. Not a terrible time, and I know I can knock that 70 secs back off in a week or 2, but I have been running less frequently now, due to general laziness. I kept going for all I could, and now I have the Halfway point sub 10, so happy about that. Still though, I will not be totally happy with my time until it is down to 20.30 and running the entire way. I am aiming for my 3 miler time to be 22 mins altogether, because of the PRMC demands it to be 23 mins, and I know after the first real day of PRMC I will be tired to say the least!!!!
                Link - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/299080166361 *route Taken Backwards*

Thanks for the help lads, it is really helping, and I now know what killed my motivation in the first place, so now I can replace it with something else, as with all things, it was a girl!! (The biatch that she is, all lads are stupid at some point!!! lol)
                I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Thursday 12th February 2009

Went on a run around DFTC today

The last time I did this, on Monday, I forgot the bloody stopwatch, so couldn't
                  assess if improvement has been forthcoming.

The nearest reference I have is this:

This is a central resource on the board of all training related queries and answers

- a week ago - when I did the route in 17 mins 35 secs.

Today I did my calf/thigh stretches, a few minutes on the exercise bike to
                  warm the leg muscles and off I went with the MP3 player booming.

Felt I was going great guns around the first half of the run, then at the 3/4
                  point, the "invisible wall" started looming. Gritted the teeth, banged on for home
                  (DFPES) and checked the stopwatch - 16 mins 45 secs - almost a minute off
                  from only a week ago.

Back on the exercise bike for a few minutes, then warm down stretches and I'm
                  done.

Seem to be suffering less from shin splints since I adopted this approach
                  To say I was happy was an understatement.

At least now I know I'm making progress....

I feel the improvement is in part due to the exercise bike before and after
                  the run, and also a better set of runners, which were €115, sale price of €70.
                  The Xmas and birthday vouchers went on these, a few more pairs of sports
                  socks, and another hat for the cold days we've been having lately.

C'mon the rest of ye, ye are being very quiet.
                  Post and let us know how ye are all doing.....
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Thursday 12th February 2009

Went on a run around DFTC today

The last time I did this, on Monday, I forgot the bloody stopwatch, so couldn't
                    assess if improvement has been forthcoming.

The nearest reference I have is this:

This is a central resource on the board of all training related queries and answers

- a week ago - when I did the route in 17 mins 35 secs.

Today I did my calf/thigh stretches, a few minutes on the exercise bike to
                    warm the leg muscles and off I went with the MP3 player booming.

Felt I was going great guns around the first half of the run, then at the 3/4
                    point, the "invisible wall" started looming. Gritted the teeth, banged on for home
                    (DFPES) and checked the stopwatch - 16 mins 45 secs - almost a minute off
                    from only a week ago.

Back on the exercise bike for a few minutes, then warm down stretches and I'm
                    done.

Seem to be suffering less from shin splints since I adopted this approach
                    To say I was happy was an understatement.

At least now I know I'm making progress....

I feel the improvement is in part due to the exercise bike before and after
                    the run, and also a better set of runners, which were €115, sale price of €70.
                    The Xmas and birthday vouchers went on these, a few more pairs of sports
                    socks, and another hat for the cold days we've been having lately.

C'mon the rest of ye, ye are being very quiet.
                    Post and let us know how ye are all doing.....
                    Stop man, I couldn't run a tap at the moment Although another NCO buddy of mine and I have been threatening to start soon before we hit the beaches of Cyprus
                    Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Congrats on shaving the minute off your time TD!

I'll throw up my run tomorrow, missed out on going for a run today cause of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
                        *raises hand*

Started back last night.
                        Have done a few runs since...

31/1 2 miles in 14:54.59
                        3/2 2 miles in 14:37.38
                        5/2 2 miles, time unknown
                        10/2 2 miles in 14:21.98
                        11/2 3 miles in 24:32.49 (running with buddy)
                        12/2 3 miles in 21:18.76

2 mile route is hilly, 3 mile route is flat. Aim is to bring the 2 miler to low 13:10s and to get the 3 miler down to 19:50.
                        "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
                          Aim is to bring the 2 miler to low 13:10s...
                          Jeez, that's bloody fast alright.

And there I was thinking I was good getting around 2 miles in 16 mins 45 secs.

What age bracket are you in, Steamy ? That might explain it.....

Comment

I am delighted to see alot of people on here run, I had been a bit disillusioned by the Reserves after most of the stuff we write about lack of fitness!!! At least alot of us here are definitely putting in the effort!!!

Friday - 13 February 2009

Run
                            Distance: 2.6 miles
                            Time: 21.46 mins
                            Details: I was happy with this, I made it my furthest yet without stopping 1.66 miles according to mapmyrun. I did this in 12.15 mins which I was happy about. I did feel I could have kept this pace and kept going without walking but I decided I didn't want to risk injury that much!!! I enjoyed this run and felt good about it. I only walked twice, Once for ~3 mins and then for 1 min. The next time I am running I am aiming for a bit more distance, around 1.8 miles without walking. If today is anything to go by I should be able to get this!! Happy out anyway!!! Nearing my target of 20.30.
                            Link - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/299080166361 *route Taken Backwards*
                            I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Jeez, that's bloody fast alright.

And there I was thinking I was good getting around 2 miles in 16 mins 45 secs.

What age bracket are you in, Steamy ? That might explain it.....
                              Might well do so, I'm 23. I was running mainly 3 milers last year and I think that affected my time when I actually had to do the fitness test last April. So a new emphasis on 2 milers. I have a training diary going back to 14//9/07 now
                              "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

This thread has been a bit of a motivation for me as well, have started back jogging (not running, yet!) in the last fortnight. It also gives me a chance get back into the routine i had after work, as well as a chance to chat with one of our PotNCO bods who tags along occasionally.

I'm running from my house to the Lough in Cork, doing a few laps and back to the house. Convienently enough the run over and back plus two laps is a bit over 3.2km, which is handy for guesstimating the time for the fitness tests (not that i need to do them this year). It's only a rough guide as there are a few road crossings, that I would prefer not to die on!

At the moment in doing a 4.5km version (extra lap of the Lough) at a grand steady pace, with no stoping. Happy enough with this, as it is a good approximation for the orienteering (another thing i started doing again this winter - to much comic effect initially!)

No times yet as im not interested in speed at the moment, just being out there is good enough!
                                Beyond the Leap, beyond the law!

Comment

Working...
                                X