No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Cork-based members care to suggest a Bishopstown run? I'll be down at the weekend, don't fancy doing the track at CIT.
    "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Go for a 3.2 km swim in the pool there!
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
        Might well do so, I'm 23....
        I'm starting to feel old....
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Saturday - 14 February 2009

Run
          Distance: 2.6 miles
          Time: 21.27 mins
          Details: I ran my farthest so far without stopping!!! I was dead happy with that, Only walked twice, nice easy run, was getting all screwed at the end, but other that that I am happy!!!
          I should be able to run 2 miles without stopping by the end of next week. So, fingers crossed.
          Link - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/299080166361 *route Taken Backwards*

Thanks for all the support so far lads, without it I definitely wouldn't be doing this well!!! I would have stopped after the first 3 runs!!!!

Once I get down to my 20.30, I will
          A) Have to find a good full 3mile route
          B) Start doing circuits regularily.

Thanks lads,
          Gav.
          Last edited by Dazzler; 14 February 2009, 11:58.
          I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Just back there from what I have to say is my worst run yet. Everything about it was just wrong. I barely made it a mile before I walked.

I know where the problems were though. I wore a different jacket because my usual running jacket has walked outta the house, all by itself of course. I had a shave the other day, so my Samsonesque strength which I obtained through my Beard is gone.

I am not even going to post the time, partly because I don't know it and partly because It is not a true reflection of my ability.

Today is gonna be a crappy day.

Thanks for reading lads.

Comment

Daz
              it doesnt matter if you walked all the way

the fact you didnt give up and you went out and actually finished your training

the only thing I find fault with is you blame it on the jacket

blame it on yourself- get over it and learn

but well done for at least getting out

keep going
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                Just back there from what I have to say is my worst run yet. Everything about it was just wrong. I barely made it a mile before I walked.

I know where the problems were though. I wore a different jacket because my usual running jacket has walked outta the house, all by itself of course. I had a shave the other day, so my Samsonesque strength which I obtained through my Beard is gone.

I am not even going to post the time, partly because I don't know it and partly because It is not a true reflection of my ability.

Thanks for reading lads.
                Dont get disheartened lad. You are an inspiration to a lot of people here..

Post your times good or bad.No one will take the piss.
                Go MairidĂ­s Beo

Comment

Everyone has a bad day!

Comment

Daz, fair play to you. Keep up the effort. I know for one that you've got me up off my arse to get some training done again.

Went for run today in the first time since begining of Oct 2008. Have been working so hard and partying harder that I'm after putting on 8 kilos of pure laziness. It was about time its gotten rid of.

16/2/2009 - 2.6miles - 20min22sec
                    rest for 5min and some stretching and did the 2.6mile return leg in 21min 30sec.

Happy to cruise along and get the body back into thinking its going to be beasted. Tonights another run and some light circuits.

Again thanks Dazzler for making me put down the Ben and Jerrys!
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

After 5 days in a row of running 2 miles in 18'00 or thereabouts took the weekend off. Back to circuit training tonight in UCD. Trying for 40 real pressups and 20 real situps in among the rest.
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                        Daz, fair play to you. Keep up the effort. I know for one that you've got me up off my arse to get some training done again.

Went for run today in the first time since begining of Oct 2008. Have been working so hard and partying harder that I'm after putting on 8 kilos of pure laziness. It was about time its gotten rid of.

16/2/2009 - 2.6miles - 20min22sec
                        rest for 5min and some stretching and did the 2.6mile return leg in 21min 30sec.

Happy to cruise along and get the body back into thinking its going to be beasted. Tonights another run and some light circuits.

Again thanks Dazzler for making me put down the Ben and Jerrys!
                        Nicely done!!! Jaysus, I can't get those times on my best day!!! (yet)

Thanks for the inspiration lads, ye are what keep me going!!!

Hedgie, you are definitely right, it is me not the jacket!!! Still though, found my usual Jacket so with luck, determination and lots of Pain, I will do better tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post

Thanks for reading lads.
                          Monday 16th February 2009

Dazzler, sorry to hear things went pear shaped with ya today - keep it up.

Ironically enough, I was the opposite - I posted my best time yet today.

Did my usual calf/thigh stretches, 5-10 mins on the exercise bike, then off
                          I went on my usual route around DFTC.

Felt I was motoring nicely around the opening half of the run, then once again,
                          the demon on my shoulder appeared as I was approaching the Arty School
                          - what is it about that place ???

Metaphorically told the demon to fcuk off, drove on for the finish, and whipped
                          out the stopwatch - thinking I'd done fairly well - 16 mins 24 seconds
                          - 21 seconds OFF my last time around the same route on Thursday last - when I
                          shaved almost a minute off the time previous to that. Definitely know I'm moving in
                          the right direction now, thankfully
                          As I said previously, the warm up routine on the bike definitely is helping, my time
                          has improved since.

Dazzler, I'm 38, so you can certainly do it !!!
                          Best of luck and keep the chin up....
                          Last edited by Truck Driver; 16 February 2009, 21:42.
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steyr Fan View Post
                            Last year I sustained a series of injuries is a short space if time, and anytime towards the latter half of the year I tried to run anything over 1km, I felt crap. So I said to myslf stop, stop stop till I had fully recovered.

So in early Jan, I took the what some might call lazy way back to a fitness routine, and joined a gym in Kilmainham. Now up to 3.2km in 17 minutes on the treadmill. I know it bears no resemblance to running un tramac, concrete, grass, gravel, uphill, downhill, potholes, uneven ground, traffic, weather, or what ever. My goal is to get this to 15 minutes which I expext to do by the middle of Feb. That is doable, considering I couldn't run 2km in 20 mins without collapsing in a heap 2 weeks ago. I will go out onto the ground and see how it goes in mid Feb.

I know it is a lazy way, but I couldn't care less. There are weights, bikes, rowers, circuits, there's fitness & diet advice, you name it. There's pools, water massage, jackuzzi, steam rooms, saunas. All only 10mins walk away. So why the hell not on these dark evenings. It might even help to make me fit, and maybe even make it easier the do a run for real. It makes training fun, which makes it more enjoyable.

So there's me.
                            So much for the best laid plans.
                            Last week, went for a run in the Pheonix Park, nice day, lets give it a go. It went ok, 4km in 23 mins, but the crazy thing was that the next day, my lower left back felt like it was broken, coule a days later, the pain had moved down to my left calf muscle. By hell, it was sore. what the hell did I do wrong? I have no idea. I did a very through warm up & cool down.:confused:

Anyway, my routines have been put on hold probably till next week. Start back again, and hope & pray all goes well.

btw, Daz, keep it up. And i'm 43
                            Last edited by Steyr Fan; 16 February 2009, 21:52. Reason: add my age, give everyone a good giggle

Comment

My walking tours of Cork had to take a pause too. One of those weekends I recon.
                              Had an awkward fall as I was getting into the car outside the sisters place. Slipped on the kerb fell between car and kerb(just saved the face), went walking in the forestry after, for about an hour, but shin extremely painful. Using the clutch in the car and climbing stairs are quite difficult.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Steyr Fan View Post
                                my lower left back felt like it was broken, coule a days later, the pain had moved down to my left calf muscle. By hell, it was sore. what the hell did I do wrong? I have no idea. I did a very through warm up & cool down.:confused:
                                It will always be sore the first time back. That said, this sounds a bit worse. I have the same problems with my left calf...no matter how thorough my warm up/cool downs are there is always a twinge. I've pretty much sorted it out by paying close attention to that area during my stretches. I found that repeating the calf stretch while changing the angle of my toe (pointed forward, slightly left, slightly right) helped a lot as it stretches different parts of the area which can easily missed. If its still bad after varying the calf stretch you could take a few minutes each day stretching and holding to ease out the muscle.
                                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Working...
                                X