• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
    Have done a few runs since...

31/1 2 miles in 14:54.59
    3/2 2 miles in 14:37.38
    5/2 2 miles, time unknown
    10/2 2 miles in 14:21.98
    11/2 3 miles in 24:32.49 (running with buddy)
    12/2 3 miles in 21:18.76

2 mile route is hilly, 3 mile route is flat. Aim is to bring the 2 miler to low 13:10s and to get the 3 miler down to 19:50.
    Got 3 miler down to 19:50.19 today.

Did 6 miles yesterday in 44 something, took the first 4 1/2 miles easy though.
    "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

• Last night cycle to UCD,circuit training, cycle back. no timed exercises but plenty of aerobic + anaerobic

need to concentrate on abs more, it's the core muscles damn them and I'm very weak

also shoud mix it up , do some orienteering etc
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• I didn't go yesterday, an I am not going today, I am leaving off running until Monday, I need my leg to stop hurting! Then Starting my Circuits proper as well.
        I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• a brisk walk is as good as a run

and it will keep the legs in motion

anyway

when your hurting really hurting (obviously not dying or causing further damage just suffering like having your heart broken by the girl who was supposed to go to your debs but went with your cousin as well and then you heard she suck the chrome and all you had was the girl next door who was doing it as a favour to her mother because her mother caught her smoking and her mother owed your mother a favour and anyway her mother felt sorry for you because she once accused you of breaking her favourite rose bush when in fact it was your brother, and he never confessed but everyone kind of figured out it was him because later that night when the family was watching crossroads he had a thorn in his left hand and right foot- though God knows how he got the torn in his foot because he was wearing those big black shoes the ones you were given when he grew out of them but he left the stink of his feet in only one of them for some obsecure reason and the marks where his toe nails cut into the inside of the the shoes could be seen, my God what those toenails still stick in my mind and I can remember them sticking in my skin because he used to cut those trotters over the area where I used to sit and think about the first girl who broke my heart by bringing my cousin to her debs and leaving me with my penitent neighbour who as soon as she eat the dinner wanted to go home and when I said off you go she proceed to tell all my mates and enmies how she only went with me because her mother made her, so I said well actually I paid for her to come here because the lads on the foot ball team told me that if she got a few bob for smokes she would let you do things to her so in effect she was a brasser albeit a cheap one (i didnt really say albeit because i only recently earned that word, but anyway she flipped the lid when I called her a brasser and all my mates gave a cheer and her cousin who was at the debs with my other neighbour hit me a smack for calling her a brasser even though he was the one on the forst place to tell me about how she would do things for cigarette money..

I will personally post part 2 of that story if you dont go and do some physcial training

now get out
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
            a brisk walk is as good as a run

and it will keep the legs in motion

anyway

when your hurting really hurting (obviously not dying or causing further damage just suffering like having your heart broken by the girl who was supposed to go to your debs but went with your cousin as well and then you heard she suck the chrome and all you had was the girl next door who was doing it as a favour to her mother because her mother caught her smoking and her mother owed your mother a favour and anyway her mother felt sorry for you because she once accused you of breaking her favourite rose bush when in fact it was your brother, and he never confessed but everyone kind of figured out it was him because later that night when the family was watching crossroads he had a thorn in his left hand and right foot- though God knows how he got the torn in his foot because he was wearing those big black shoes the ones you were given when he grew out of them but he left the stink of his feet in only one of them for some obsecure reason and the marks where his toe nails cut into the inside of the the shoes could be seen, my God what those toenails still stick in my mind and I can remember them sticking in my skin because he used to cut those trotters over the area where I used to sit and think about the first girl who broke my heart by bringing my cousin to her debs and leaving me with my penitent neighbour who as soon as she eat the dinner wanted to go home and when I said off you go she proceed to tell all my mates and enmies how she only went with me because her mother made her, so I said well actually I paid for her to come here because the lads on the foot ball team told me that if she got a few bob for smokes she would let you do things to her so in effect she was a brasser albeit a cheap one (i didnt really say albeit because i only recently earned that word, but anyway she flipped the lid when I called her a brasser and all my mates gave a cheer and her cousin who was at the debs with my other neighbour hit me a smack for calling her a brasser even though he was the one on the forst place to tell me about how she would do things for cigarette money..

I will personally post part 2 of that story if you dont go and do some physcial training

now get out
            I already went for a walk, 3 mile's there and back this morning bringing my sister to school, and 3 miles collecting her, There and back.

This also involves pushing an extremely heavy Electric Wheelchair that has wheels that are not fullly pumped (Making it harder). I don't really feel like doing much more!!! Tomorrow, I have to go in town anyway for some Guitar supplies, so I guess I will just walk in.

I kinda want to hear the rest of the story!!!! I was laughing me bollix off!!

Comment

• Monday - 02 March 2009

Run
              Distance: 3 miles
              Time: 23:11 mins
              Details: I have totally changed my route now. It is a good 3 mile route, very straight though, even though I prefer lot's of bends I really enjoyed this route!!! I got to the 2 mile's and made a decision to rest a little bit. I think I took around 2 mins. and then set off again for the final mile. I went as fast as I could go at the time when I had 200 meters left. The First mile went by very quickly as well!!! I think I did it in around 6:20 - 6:30 mins. Which is great because the last time I ran this particular route, it was only 1 mile I did, and that was in 8 mins, that was months ago though. I think it was the start of summer!!!. I quite enjoyed the run, and I think I made good time especially considering what I was getting on the 2.6 miler. I think this run will do me well for at least 3 weeks.
              Link: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/481932932404

Comment

• Monday 2nd March, Wednesday 4th March

On Monday, did my 3.2km around DFTC - new fastest time of 16 mins 3 secs.
                Was delighted. Thought I would never get close to 15 mins in any shape of form,
                not I seem to be within touching distance. Now if I can just shear off another 15 secs, I
                am into Grade 3 territory.

Today, had to truncate my run, due to DFPES closing up for an hour.
                Managed to get in 13 mins 30 secs worth of a run around the camp.
                Bit stiff, but that is down to not getting my normal warm up on the
                exercise bike...
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• When I was young and healthy(in the 90s) I found my time was always faster in snow....

I guess like a well tuned car, the cold air is more efficient or something?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Went back martial arts training on top of my regular crippling. My legs are sore, I got thrown around like a bag of butter but it's re kindled my interest in getting hit, giving it back twice fold and then having a good laugh about it with the other person!
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Thursday - 05 March 2009

Run
                      Distance: 2 Miles
                      Time: 17.26
                      Details: I went for a run within 40 mins of getting out of bed, and apparently my Body wasn't fully awake yet, I just took it nice and handy, because I knew at the start it wasn't going to be great. I was expecting a bad time. Tomorrow, I shall do better, will be getting a haircut in the morning too, so I will be Aerodynamic!!!
                      Link: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/481932932404 (only 2 miles of it.)

Comment

• Friday 6th March

Went on my "around the block from work" circuit

Distance: 3.75km (according to mapmyrun.com)

Time: 23 mins 38 secs

Went great, decided at the outset that I'd been in work all day, so
                        wasn't going to bust my nuts, so took off at a gentle pace, and
                        found my rhythm midstream. The last time I did this circuit, I
                        was struggling towards the end, but last night, I sailed around it
                        fine, and felt great afterwards
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Monday - 09 March 2009

Run
                          Distance: 1.5 miles
                          Time: 10:51 mins.
                          Details: I have decided to change the distances I am running from Day to day, because I was getting bored on the runs I was doing. This is my first run in a few days because I have been minding my young sister for the last few days which hampers my ability to leave the house. It was a good run, I am slightly surprized I didn't get it in 10:30 mins, but happy none the less. Have constant pain in my leg now, but it is not too bad that I can't run. The run today was a long straight run that was very boring, but still completed without stopping. I think I took off too fast at the start though, which may have stretched my time slightly. Was bollixed at the end.

Comment

• Run
                            Distance: 3:88 miles
                            Time: 37:20ish
                            Weight: 8.5kgs
                            I thought I'd enter into the spirit of things here too. Went for a run yesterday evening. It lashed it down, hail stones and all; reminding me of the old PTI mantra - if it ain't raining, we ain't training! I packed and donned a small civi daysack with 8.5kgs of weight (no point making it easy).
                            Admittedly, I wasn't overly impressed with my time; so hopefully that'll improve. I need to get a digital watch too for an accurate time.
                            So that's me, I've got football training tonight, and so I probably won't run again until Tuesday afternoon.
                            This is a great little thread! Well done Dazzler, keep it up!

Comment

• Tuesday - 10 March 2009

Run
                              Distance: 1.5 miles
                              Time: 10:59 mins
                              Details: I am a FCUKING IDIOT!!!! Was going for this run as I was going to collect my sister. Started warming up at 1500hrs I had to collect her at 1530hrs, So I didn't stretch as much as I usually do because I knew it would take me 15 mins after finishing the run to get to her school. So I did a small bit of stretching and just went on my merry way!!! Was fecked after .5 of a mile, but kept going to the end. Legs are in bits now!!! Not just the usual shin splints. I screwed my right foot a bit, but tomorrow is a rest day from running so I should be OK by thursday!!! Well pissed off at myself though.
                              http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/184088759685 *This run but the opposite way*

Comment

• I hope you did your strengths after as well!

Strength on your rest days as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X