Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done!!!

Comment

• Took rest day yesterday. Out this morning for slow 10mile 1hr 21min.
      Lock and load

Comment

• I've decided to take up Ultra running with the view of hopefully taking part in my first Ultra race in the new year. It's half to do with me wanting to see just how far I can push myself and half to do with preparing for my main goal in work.

This is either gonna go very well... Or horribly wrong.

Comment

• whats the goal? On other fronts, our block did 10k in 50min, 30sec. A bit slower than last time but only as fast as the slowest. Not bad. Min under winning time last year.
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
            I've decided to take up Ultra running with the view of hopefully taking part in my first Ultra race in the new year. It's half to do with me wanting to see just how far I can push myself and half to do with preparing for my main goal in work.

This is either gonna go very well... Or horribly wrong.
            For the lazy (Googling wise) among us, what's "Ultra Running" ?
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
              As far as I could tell from Wiki it's super distance kinda thing.

You run for a set amount of time, 6 hours - 6 days kinda thing to get the maximum distance.

Or you run 100K to get the best time.
              I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                As Dazz has already said, it's basically any kind of running that exceeds marathon distance.

I plan on starting with a 50k training programme and working from there.

Comment

• iv started at the gym it being a while since iv done any training iv really let myself go weight wise so im starting slow
                  2 km on the treadmill
                  2km on the bike
                  3 sets of 15 sit ups
                  3 sets of 10 press ups
                  3 sets of 15 squat press
                  3 sets of 20 seconds plank
                  my goal is weight loss and am revising my diet aswell
                  iv started this 3 days a week since last week
                  Last edited by madmark; 12 October 2009, 23:23.
                  Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• Just had a stretching session today, decided to rest the legs as I'm feeling quite stiff today.

An Cosantoir tomorrow, best of luck to anyone taking part!

Comment

• You too. Hope it goes well. Are you running block or individual?
                      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Good luck to all the lads running An Cosantoir!! I can't make it myself as I'm up in Donegal this week. Maybe next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                          You too. Hope it goes well. Are you running block or individual?
                          In the 2 Bn block as part of Team Viking

You're doing the block as well aren't you?

All I want is my free t-shirt

Comment

• An Cosantoir out of the way now... Next stop, Connemara Ultra-Marathon in April

Comment

• Whats the details?

Ever try Gael force west and other adventure racing?

Comment

• circuit training today
                                really felt it on the legs
                                Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X