No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup. Trainer has a rake of them so we just help pile them onto the pitch. You choose your set and off ya go.
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sultan View Post
      cool - You just lug the kettlebells down with ya in the morning? We do some of ours outside... The prowler pushes that is
      You have a prowler?!?! Lucky SOB...
      Where are ye based? I'd kill to have access to a prowler and/or sled...

Comment

• IPG, Dublin. I was there ages ago and I've saving up for membership since! I have this weird obsession with the prowler.... I'm shit at it, but I keep going back to it

500 quid will get you one. See if your local gym will go halves with you.

Comment

• Dang, I'm stuck down here in Cork, all prowler-less.
          I'm training at my rugby club's gym at the mo' but I doubt they'll be too pushed on spending money on... well, anything.

If I get enough hours at work over the summer I'll pick up one when I get the cash saved but I have too many things to be paying off at the moment to be considering splashing out more than the price of a student cinema ticket.

And BTW, I don't think anybody is any good at the prowler

I know there's a very good trainer near me with sled's, farmers walk handles and prowlers though, I should get onto him and see about access to them but again, money is an issue.
          Ah well, looks like it's sprints, tire flips and skipping rope drills for a while more...

Comment

• 500 quid for a sled???? WTF!

Get down to LIDL, buy yourself a arc welder for 50 euro , some steel for another 50 and make one!
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
              500 quid for a sled???? WTF!

Get down to LIDL, buy yourself a arc welder for 50 euro , some steel for another 50 and make one!
              You could start a production line Zulu, sell them off at €200 a piece!!
              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

500 quid for a sled???? WTF!

Haven't a farts notion of how to weld. However if somebody wants to take ODIN's idea and sell me one for 200 euro I suppose I'd be ok with that

There are cheap ones like this one:

But I wouldn't wanna see the shipping on that thing.

Comment

• i was thinking of making a free standing chinning bar / something to hang my punch bag on out of tubular steel anyone an idea of what i should ask for at builders providers ?
                  "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• Originally posted by greyfox View Post
                    i was thinking of making a free standing chinning bar / something to hang my punch bag on out of tubular steel anyone an idea of what i should ask for at builders providers ?
                    They do 'em at most fitness stores and Argos as far as I know

Comment

• argos do the ones that jam in the door frame which are grand only my house is old and they damage the door frame , i was going to make something similar to a goal post and bury it in concrete outside
                      "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jereth View Post
                        Haven't a farts notion of how to weld. However if somebody wants to take ODIN's idea and sell me one for 200 euro I suppose I'd be ok with that

There are cheap ones like this one:

But I wouldn't wanna see the shipping on that thing.
                        I'll tell ya what. If you can get me a decent image with some dimensions on it I'll make two if you cover materials.

Might even make it out of stainless if I can swindle some scrap lying around.

Comment

• I'll even put Teflon feet on it!

Comment

I'll tell ya what. If you can get me a decent image with some dimensions on it I'll make two if you cover materials.
                            IMO...bringing people together

Seems like a savage piece of training kit all the same.
                            Last edited by ODIN; 16 April 2010, 00:08.
                            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Might even make it out of stainless if I can swindle some scrap lying around.
                              Wow, very nice of you to offer!
                              Sure thing... any idea of what it would cost...?

Same link I gave earlier but it gives the dimensions as well(43''X36''):

Comment

Working...
                              X