Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spent about an hour doing a model for drawings and production

here ya go

I'll phone MIKO metals tomorrow and get costings. I'll get a price for stainless and steel.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ZULU; 16 April 2010, 22:22.
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• I'm reminded of this

Titanium, 16 lbs.

I had it custom engineered.

"Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Meh. Titanium is too light. Weight *russian voice** is sign of reliability!
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Ok. Materials is 8m total and comes in around 35kg mark for the sled and handles

I'll get price of suppliers for Stainless and Steel.

Steel will be way cheaper but wont look half as cool and you dont have to mess around with paint either.

Comment

• Would it not make more sense to use thinner box sections for a lighter overall weight, then add the weight on seperately? Allows you to use less weight for rougher surfaces, and less likely to hurt yourself lifting it back into your car after beasting yourself with it :P

Comment

• could but the whole point is for it to be heavy. 35 kg aint too much

Comment

• thanks but my mother would have a fit if i start drilling walls

its like scrap heap challange here
                "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• ok. Prowler thingy update. Have been given a load of steel that i can use for it. All free. One or two pieces i'll have to soure but shouldn't be an issue. Paint is extra.
                  100 euro will cover all including a donation to the site and for use of the tools/consumables. Have enough for about 4 or 5 of these things so let me know if interested.

Comment

• Grade 1 fitness at the weekend, I think.....

:-0)
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Thats because your old and are allowed to walk!

Comment

• can't get G1 by walking
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                          ok. Prowler thingy update. Have been given a load of steel that i can use for it. All free. One or two pieces i'll have to soure but shouldn't be an issue. Paint is extra.
                          100 euro will cover all including a donation to the site and for use of the tools/consumables. Have enough for about 4 or 5 of these things so let me know if interested.
                          Sorry it took me so long to reply, internet access is becoming a rarity for me lately...

Yeah count me in!
                          Paint won't be an issue 'cos it doesn't matter how it looks as long as it works.

Now that's a damn reasonable price. Thanks Zulu this is very appreciated.
                          The weight won't be an issue either cos I'll be keeping it at my rugby club so unless I get banished from there I won't be putting it in the car very often.

Would it be possible to get extra ski's/feet for it...? Would probably need a few extra sets of them. They become worn after a while and will eventually need to be replaced.

Comment

• Looks like the prowler will be the mutts nuts. Got me thinking if there are guys out there that make gear or sell anything why don t we a IMO services thread. That we support local guys and they can make a few pound and we get a good deal. i have a few things myself on my wish list, chin up bar, plyo boxes, tyre and sledge hammer.

Sorry back to topic did KB 300 workout this evening followed by badly done glute ham raises. killer.
                            Last edited by holdfast; 19 April 2010, 21:39.

Comment

• Jereth. No worries. I'm mad for making things, scrap heap challenge style. No problem on feet. I'll bend a couple of pieces and drill them. Looking at making them bolt on. I think I can get my hands on some teflon sheet/flat bar. Could see how that works out. (wont make as much noise) Maybe try arcot. All depends on whats in the scrap bin.

I'll see when I can get time to do it. Shouldn't take more than a good day of fabrication, maybe another for paint. I'll keep you informed.

Holdfat. Wahts the KB 300?

Had circuit training tonight. Our trainer is a 5'5" blonde sadist demon intent on punishing anyone who is looking like they are getting fitter.

Jaysus. I'm broke. 15 station circuits x 2. Got given my own 24kg KB for all excercises. Farmers Runs followed by burpees had me on the verge of getting sick.

Then the tyres came out. Noooooooooooooo!

Comment

• Zulu Its based on the system used in the movie 300. There a number different workouts based on it using weights and bodyweight. I have attached the workout from youtue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRpbM9nzDcM. I used it as metcon workout. Today is strength session

Comment

Working...
                                X