My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
    Jereth. No worries. I'm mad for making things, scrap heap challenge style. No problem on feet. I'll bend a couple of pieces and drill them. Looking at making them bolt on. I think I can get my hands on some teflon sheet/flat bar. Could see how that works out. (wont make as much noise) Maybe try arcot. All depends on whats in the scrap bin.

I'll see when I can get time to do it. Shouldn't take more than a good day of fabrication, maybe another for paint. I'll keep you informed.
    Awesome stuff Zulu. There's really no hurry with it though. And the paint isn't important either if you want to save yourself the bother of painting it. As long as I can put olympic plates on the vertical posts(as shown in the video's in the link I gave) and push it I'm very happy.

Actually, that just reminded me that the vertical posts need to be able to hold olympic plates(the standard plates used it gyms but not the ones you might find in argos etc). If memory serves standard plates have a central hole that is 50 mm wide but I suppose a slightly thinner post might be a better idea...?
    I'm afraid I'm not too sure on this part of the subject. Do you have access to a barbell or olympic plate to measure off?
    Last edited by Jereth; 20 April 2010, 12:38.

Comment

• I was thinking about that alright. Will need a definite answer on that diameter as Steel tubing comes in set sizes. Will need to look at thick wall pipe to stop bending, or use an old bar and cut it.

If you can find that out it would be great

found this

There is a number of sizes. Which one?
      Last edited by ZULU; 20 April 2010, 12:43.
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Nice find. I have some micro-plates in my gym bag so I was going to wait 'til I got home and measure those but the link gives the info. 52mm should be right, but if in doubt something a bit thinner would be perfectly ok seeing as anything bigger and the plates won't load onto the contraption...

This is awesome, I'm actually getting excited about the torture that thing will bring me

Comment

• So i was back in training again and goin very well and bang , just fcuked up my knee!! gonna get an x-ray asap and gonna have to give the runnning a miss,,oh well things could be worse!!!

Happy days boys, happy days!

Comment

• 24kg KB cleans followed by burpees are bad, M'kay!
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Did Crossfit Fran this evening, 8:15 total. very poor form slowed me down. Did a KB circuit of swings, snatches, cleans,figure of eight and high pull. Finished of 1:15mins working on the punch bag, 45secs off for 5 rds.

Comment

• Procrastination has ruined my fitness!!

After doing stage 4 and 5 in Kilbride the other week it hit me that I was nowhere near as fit as I used to be, and that I've been resting on previous physical achievements without maintaining them. We did a section attack first, where I was FSG and I was grand for that. But come the Platoon attack we did next, I was No.1 A-Gp of 3 section; you know the drill, we assault the indepth position. By the time I got there, I was blowing out of my hoop!! I managed to complete the assault, but I was so ashamed of the fact that I'd let myself go. I wasn't the only unfit fecker there mind, but taking my own performance fairly seriously, I know I'm capable of much more.

I've been putting off the gym for about 2 months now and having gone for a 5km run today it took me 30 minutes to complete!! Not good!!

To the lads who've been procrastinating like me, DON'T!! You just can't enjoy the days out on tactics if you're not fit for it. So I'm certainly going to be getting myself match fit again, sharpish!

Comment

• Zulu, I'm not sure if you've started making the prowler yet or not but I stumbled across these pics of a homemade one on a thread on a different site. Thought I'd throw them up here incase other people want to use them as well...

Comment

• Have not started yet. Thanks for the info. Much the same as my drawings. I like the setup on the front leg. Much more simple for production.

The Square tube I'll be using is 50mm not 2.5". Looking to get working on it over the weekend.

I'll keep you updated.

On other news. Circuit trg last night went well. Really feeling the fitness level coming up.

Now completing the circuits with 24 kg KB for most all weighted exercises and being able to actually sprint on the runs/recovery as opposed to jogging.

Still drained at the end which is a good sign as it means there is still that element of pushing the limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      I will pass ITs this year, after 3 months of hard effort touching on grade 3 for run & sit ups (believe me that is a massive improvement).
                      Success!!! Grade 4 room for improvement but know what I have to do

Comment

• Did 100 yard sprints after the the gym today for some quick conditioning work. First time doing any sprinting since my last rugby season two years ago(not that I was sedentry or not doing any running, just not all-out sprints). Nasty, evil things...
                        I love 'em
                        Last edited by Jereth; 28 April 2010, 20:53.

Comment

• did cossfit cindy, 5 pull ups, 10 push ups and 15 squats for ten rounds and in between them i did a one arm snatch each arm 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 e.g rd 5 i did 5 snatch each arm. BPM was 160-172 ave. hit the bag for 5 rds of 1:15 on and 45 off. end ex after that

Comment

• Last night was good. - Left the 24kg KB at home as I strained my back a little at work

17 station circuit 60 sec each 10 sec rest.

Step ups
                            wall balls 10kg
                            Pressup
                            Lat raises 10kg x 2
                            pressup walk with step
                            heel flick
                            farmers walk 2 x 16kg
                            Reverse curl
                            burpee with pressup
                            squat thrusts
                            skipping
                            sumo squat
                            air squat
                            5m sprints (absolute killer after doing burpees and squats)
                            bridge
                            Cycle twists
                            Turkish getups 16kg KB

2 x half laps of pitch + 2 ramp sprints

Then into KB circuit

Swings x 20
                            Prisoner lunges x 20
                            Cycle twists x 20
                            Double KB Clean and thrusts x 16 (2 x 16kg)
                            40 sec bridge
                            2 x Double sprints (width of pitch x 4 times)

2 x half laps of pitch + 2 ramp sprints

KB circuit repeated

Recovery run repeated

Core work:
                            14 scissor leg raises
                            25 cycle twists
                            16 scissor leg raises
                            35 cycle twists
                            10 reverse curl

Cool down and stretch

Comment

• The Prowler twins

Well. 3.5 hrs later, I'm at pre welding phase.

All the pieces have been cut and laid out. Working on the machining of the feet. Need to be drilled and countersunk.

After that on to the tacking. Once thats done a quick measure to make sure every thing is lined up and then the MIG gets rocking.

A few turns on the lathe to make a few ring attachment points and the slots for the weight-bars - weld and they're ready for paint.

Have pics and will post tomorrow.

Comment

• picture
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X