No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because I can't be arsed to edit the XML fragments out from a copy-and-paste of oireachtas.ie
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

[QUOTE=trellheim;237805]117.Minister for Defence (Deputy Willie O’Dea): The Implementation Group will develop the timeframe for the implementation of recommendations as soon as these have been agreed. The representative associations will be consulted prior to any implementation of recommendations. QUOTE]

It's not so long since the Representative Association was consulted about another matter (Grat 2008), and we witnessed a u-turn.

And will the RA be consulted, or insulted?

Comment

[QUOTE=Steyr Fan;237845]
        Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        117.Minister for Defence (Deputy Willie O’Dea): The Implementation Group will develop the timeframe for the implementation of recommendations as soon as these have been agreed. The representative associations will be consulted prior to any implementation of recommendations. QUOTE]

It's not so long since the Representative Association was consulted about another matter (Grat 2008), and we witnessed a u-turn.

And will the RA be consulted, or insulted?
        It is the FLR they are talking about, it will be PDFORRA & RACO he will be talking to!

Comment

why ? once they're out of the PDF they can't be in RACO or PDFORRA.

Comment

[QUOTE=DeV;237862]
            Originally posted by Steyr Fan View Post

It is the FLR they are talking about, it will be PDFORRA & RACO he will be talking to!
            As with lots of statements from the authorities, there is ambiguity and confusion. WOD said the 'Represenative Associations'; as the FLR are no longer in the PDF (they are Reservists), how can they be represented by either of the Permenant representative associations? For that matter, how can they be represented by the Reserve representative association either? Unless they pay membership, and join the association?:confused::confused::confused:

Comment

It would be PDFORRA & RACO as it part of the contracts that members of PDF sign (and it would probably involve changes to said contracts).

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                No, it is just you using anecdotal evidence.:wink:

Anecdotal evidence - well entire college courses are built around how to back up arguments. You can't write a serious college paper unless you can properly back it up.

Basically, your anecdotal evidence is that of merely 1 small part of the overall scenario. You have no idea what are the circumstances confronting the senior NCOs, officers, other Corps. It is easy, but unproductive, to make a judgement based on your own personal experiences with little or no knowledge of the overall situation.

As for being unable to back up an argument with nothing other than anecdotal evidence.... doesn't make for a argument that will last 5 mins against any type of scrutiny.
                but this isnt a college course this is a discussion board made up of peoples individual experiences and input, and evidence has to be anecdotal as to be too specific can be construed as opsec, as if i backed up everything as well as an academic work i'd be screwed by the mods,

and my problem is that everytime somebody expresses an opinion or talks about there own experiences, which may or may not make others look less professional or enthusiastic you get upset, which is a bit rich as you have made claims on other threads without backin them up,

as for little or know information of the over all picture, i generally get to see a lot of the stuff up the chain from my little corner of the world as my BS is a man of the people so to speak and believes in keepin his NCO's in the loop, the same applies to the ooficers in my unit, also i have friends in other corps and units, and lastly theres plenty of info on IMO here so maybe its presumptous of me to believe i ahve an idea of whats goin, but i reckon i have some sort of idea as what goin on,
                But there's no danger
                It's a professional career
                Though it could be arranged
                With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                If you're out of luck you're out of work
                We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

So integration has been killked off , well at least that was the announcement today .
                  Anyone hear why ?
                  Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Originally posted by ollie View Post
                    So integration has been killked off , well at least that was the announcement today .
                    Anyone hear why ?
                    where and when and exactly what was the announcement???????
                    Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

• kilkenny barracks, couple of people who had applied for this years pln were told, the concept is being re examined they were told. mind you could just be the 3 bn integration programme being affected.
                      Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

• the RDF is a big waste of time and money

your not being utilised properly - and probably never will be

do we really need a Reserve

who have not been given a clearly defined role

lets get rid of it resulting in

1- saving a lot of omeny

2-freeng up valauble (ha) cadre staff

3-giiving you lads back your free time and the chance to go somewhere that actually appreicates your time and effort

its a pity- but lets give it a dignified ending and put it out of its misery

what do you lads think
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Or refocus and put it on a proper footing.

Comment

• 1- RDF doesn't cost that much in the greater scheme of things. Though as the unofficial recruitment division of the Defence Forces its probably spending more than it should.

2- Where would PDF units put their unwanted personnel then?
                            "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                              the RDF is a big waste of time and money

1- saving a lot of omeny

3-giiving you lads back your free time and the chance to go somewhere that actually appreicates your time and effort

what do you lads think
                              Seriously Hedgehog! I respect and agree with about 90% of what you say but you really want to know what I think of your suggestion here???????????????

I would without a shadow of a doubt be booted from the forum if I told you. Sorry but thats my opinion.
                              Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                                the RDF is a big waste of time and money

1- saving a lot of omeny

what do you lads think
                                BEST POST IN 5 YEARS. That took balls to say. You have hit the nail on the head.

Lads, if we are really honest with ourselves, deep deep down, you know that he is right.
                                - The longer you stay in the more you will realise it
                                Last edited by Rommel; 9 February 2009, 02:44.
                                "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel

Comment

Working...
                                X