Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    pays nothing whatever to do with it.
    In fairness volunteerism in general does not pay. I am hard set to think of any volunteer outfits that pay members for service. I am nearly sure the CG and CD pay a flat rate and the GR pays something. Maybe with the new charity regulation regime the payments made to members by non State outfits will become apparent esp uniformed outfits such as the Knights-St Johns -dog & donkey catchers etc.

Comment

pays nothing whatever to do with it.
      Was for me..... Given with the loss of grat I had a lost a substantial percentage of the income I was dependant on to reimburse me for the time I was willing to take unpaid from work to serve.

Books don't balance something has to go!

I went !
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• so where do I sign up to The Lansdowne Road Agreement ?
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• 365 days FTT in rank to get to the annual increment

Comment

• You are forgetting the 10% paycut from FEMPI for RDF alone even though we had no act hand or part in agreeing or rejecting it.

Comment

• Just finished my two weeks with the DF .... some fun - haven't had that much in ages. There's a future there for the RDF if we want to aim it correctly

Comment

You are forgetting the 10% paycut from FEMPI for RDF alone even though we had no act hand or part in agreeing or rejecting it.
                Single force concept

What did you get up to on FTT? Sounds like you had fun.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Im just off the ground muyself. we had excellent PDF cadre available to instructors, they got stuck in with us and all they said was Single Force Concept over and over. it seems to be a mantra on both sides of the fence these days. great couple weeks training, some of the best training AND of course fun ive had in a couple years.
                  "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                  "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Good stuff morpheus nice to see it happening

Comment

• I had a few RDF young lads under my command recently for a few days and they were an absolute pleasure to work with.

Zero cribs and plenty of effort from them.

Comment

• The current RDFRA crib list ended up in my inbox this morning. Even ruling out the 50% of cribs that arent really cribs but misunderstandings the list is terrible.

Administratively the force is in an awful state - no regulatory updates for Single Force, no Admin Instructions update , medicals are in utter state of chaos , the Act could do with one or two small changes as well.

Recruiting is like a dog thats made a mess ; the numbers are just not coming through to make a difference as the turnover at the lower levels is even higher than before ( higher standards and higher proportion of the best going to the PDF )

Operations is better than its been forever ( well back in Border days there was a lot of helping out that never made the funny papers ) but these time its public and driven by CO's

Difficult to see a growth path that keeps the Corps units alive with the lack of new blood filtering down

Comment

• I think it needs to go back to local units recruiting. Train centrally but the leg work done at local level

Comment

• Local training means local standards.

I'm a big fan of centralised training with maximum allocation of resources.

What is definately needed is the re-introduction of the cadre or an equivalent. It could be a duty akin to a transport office or unit orderly room.
                            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

The current RDFRA crib list ended up in my inbox this morning. Even ruling out the 50% of cribs that arent really cribs but misunderstandings the list is terrible.

Administratively the force is in an awful state - no regulatory updates for Single Force, no Admin Instructions update , medicals are in utter state of chaos , the Act could do with one or two small changes as well.

Recruiting is like a dog thats made a mess ; the numbers are just not coming through to make a difference as the turnover at the lower levels is even higher than before ( higher standards and higher proportion of the best going to the PDF )

Operations is better than its been forever ( well back in Border days there was a lot of helping out that never made the funny papers ) but these time its public and driven by CO's

Difficult to see a growth path that keeps the Corps units alive with the lack of new blood filtering down
                              Can't disagree but most of the "cribs" are major issues for the continued viability of the RDF.

The lack of response .....

Comment

• Local training means local standards.

I'm a big fan of centralised training with maximum allocation of resources.

What is definately needed is the re-introduction of the cadre or an equivalent. It could be a duty akin to a transport office or unit orderly room.
                                Agree 100% re centralized training that ship thank heavens has sailed in the right direction long may it remain

What on earth are the roles you would see a cadre doing ? There is nothing, nothing at all left for them

Comment

Working...
                                X