• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No idea thus the question
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• We spend every 2nd weekend on range for teams. Its a pain tbh. Most ncos transferred out because they werent getting to do anything except range duties

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
        We spend every 2nd weekend on range for teams. Its a pain tbh. Most ncos transferred out because they werent getting to do anything except range duties
        Somethings never change!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          No idea thus the question
          Misread you post. Sorry.

Comment

• We spend every 2nd weekend on range for teams. Its a pain tbh. Most ncos transferred out because they werent getting to do anything except range duties
            I got a phone call tonight looking to help roll out a new initiative across 2 corps that will advance a capability we are poor at generally across the DF . looking at your posts and you wonder why the reserve still exists. That is awful .

Comment

We spend every 2nd weekend on range for teams. Its a pain tbh. Most ncos transferred out because they werent getting to do anything except range duties
              Does the above refer to shooting competitions? I remember it was an obsession for my relations in the FCA back in the nineties. My local unit seemed to exist solely for getting lads range time with the FN and the bren. Please tell me things have changed?

Comment

I got a phone call tonight looking to help roll out a new initiative across 2 corps that will advance a capability we are poor at generally across the DF . looking at your posts and you wonder why the reserve still exists. That is awful .
                Hope it helps change the way things are done. Ive 21 done and im thinking about jumping ship because of lack of training. After shooting comps we seem to do nothing

Comment

• I got a phone call tonight looking to help roll out a new initiative across 2 corps that will advance a capability we are poor at generally across the DF
                  The reason I write it like that is because it really is not for posting here ; I was really trying to highlight some of the different experiences people are having.

With regard to training my boss "T go on a fking course - sorry boss cant too busy " might take him up on it next year - any course in the DF .

As for your own access to courses do you not get to see the ATD ?

Most of my mates are either finishing courses , running them, or starting them at the mo ( reminds me I have work to do lol ) .

Where do YOU think the fault lies - do the PDF force you to do teams or is it closer to home ?

Comment

The reason I write it like that is because it really is not for posting here ; I was really trying to highlight some of the different experiences people are having.

With regard to training my boss "T go on a fking course - sorry boss cant too busy " might take him up on it next year - any course in the DF .

As for your own access to courses do you not get to see the ATD ?

Most of my mates are either finishing courses , running them, or starting them at the mo ( reminds me I have work to do lol ) .

Where do YOU think the fault lies - do the PDF force you to do teams or is it closer to home ?
                    Question is... is the drive from Bn or Coy level

Good and bad units I suppose

Comment

• my feeling is its likely close to home but I want hear it from the horses mouth I suppose. Any CO worth their salt has been round the block on this one a few times and knows the game

Comment

• I’m well out of the loop on shooting teams

But is there a separate RDF competition still?

Comment

Lucky Bas%&$£s...you get every 2nd weekend off.

The honest truth, once the medals and trophies are coming in, no one will question it. When they run out of people in your unit to do range duties, they will use up another unit, or get the battalion to provide different people every time - nothing will change once they are winning stuff.

Their only lament will be that, in their day, people were only too happy to get a pair of boots and do unending range duties.
                          Last edited by Poiuyt; 3 July 2018, 16:58.

Comment

• The Bn im with now have been winning all army for last few years. Its been pushed from the CO. As was mentioned as long as medals and trophies are coming they will be happy. As for courses we usually get an email the day before closing date or sometimes even after.

Comment

• Thing is officers move around a lot (every 3 years or so), that can be a good or a bad thing

Comment

• It's combined PDF & RDF from Friday to Sunday, separate prizes for winners.
                                Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

Working...
                                X