The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    Do you know what, there are no places I can think of in DF/DOD properties where an RDF soldier has not been on a duty, instructed, or had a legit job to do by which I mean he was there and had a valid reason to be there I'd offer to people to put up places and I'll knock them down but its an open forum. PM me if you think you've a place.
    Well the obvious one is Portlaoise.....
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
      No 1 Tactical Fighter Wing HQ in Abbeyshrule
      372 Heavy Hovertank Sqn. underneath the Kildare bog somewhere.
      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
      He put a bullet through his brain.
      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Portlaoise is not a DF property its IPS ... I worded it very carefully.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• The laoise is split down the middle the military side has no prison staff . Without going into opsec with the military in situ there might be mumbo jumbo red tape on ownership???
          Anyway loads of other places as I pm trell..
          As for single force does this prove it won't work???
          Last edited by kaiser; 14 February 2015, 18:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
            yes i too liked the green beret... ah well, maybe we'll have a little patch behind the badge or something? single force concept however would at best suggest same for all where possible.
            I've been on record on this one before the black beret became a reality last week
            - black beret, green patch behind the badge

That or NO patch - like the NS/NSR
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• So has L3 changed then or are the PAs going to start taking them off people who aren't entitled to them?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                So has L3 changed then or are the PAs going to start taking them off people who aren't entitled to them?
                F*** knows.... when we are ISSUED with them, we can worry then... :(
                You would assume that they WON'T go on issue until L3 is amended
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

That is wrong; employment protection is needed. There is no serious benefit unless you can qualify in something the DF needs (a long course ) or come prequalified/( or pre-experienced, for those fields where no formal qual exactly matches, like IT )
                  Employment protection as re the 94s,ep issues re reserves stand banished in the meantime.Dont think all employers will be thrilled with any diruption arising and how exactly will 3 days pay be saved unlees eployers shuts down.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                    Employment protection as re the 94s,ep issues re reserves stand banished in the meantime.Dont think all employers will be thrilled with any diruption arising and how exactly will 3 days pay be saved unless eployers shuts down.
                    Well, one option is tax rebates to employers when their reservist employees are on DF time

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                      If the black beret thing is true, I can 100% live with it.

I merely ask one thing, please make the troops earn their beret's. I know it's not an Army wide thing but in the old Eastern Bde, Units had a great tradition of not issuing Recruits their black beret's until they became 2 Star Pte's. You'd see people around the barracks in their beret's while you wore a bush hat and it killed you, it was something you wanted.

By all means issue the RDF black berets but make them earn them.*

*Obviously wouldnt apply to lads who are already 3 Star Private's and above. They've done everything the DF asked of them to make the grade.
                      Contrary to the rumour this was by way of making PDF recruits "earn their beret" (which was a good idea for team building, esprit de corps, etc.), this was actually done merely because of a shortage of cap badges at the time (or so I was told anyway)

Regarding earning the head dress, I remember RDF Cav recruits on recruit training who were wearing green berets (only received their Glengarries on attaining 3 Star rank (a la their PDF counterparts
                      Last edited by Truck Driver; 14 February 2015, 21:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
                        No 1 Tactical Fighter Wing HQ in Abbeyshrule
                        Been there.
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Black berets effective 2 Bde from lunchtime 13 feb 2015 and issues were being organized today.

Peakers on issue now for OR ceremonials

Glengarries to remain for RDF non-cav officers but there is some rumour of 100€ charge for Officer pattern peaker if desired
                          Regarding peakers for OR - personally speaking, it would be a waste of money, for the amount of occasions reservists would wear them
                          Regarding peaker for officers - either issue or don't issue - again, I personally think don't need
                          The beret would be the most widely worn headdress among (Army at least) reservists

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                            Been there.
                            Any photos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              Any photos?
                              Men in black took my camera and didn't give it back.
                              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

And Black berets for all ... just out apparently.
                                Hands up all who reckoned RDFRA wernt worth the sub.

Comment

Working...
                                X