No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fk sake DOD are moving to an all-public-services-shared payroll center , PDF are on electronic now wtf ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      Has electronic payslips rolled out yet for RDF ? I've not been asked for a civvy email yet.
      Me neither
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
        Not yet. And seems to be issues with pay. Both times ve done FTT this year there has been a 2 or 3 week wait for pay.
        The PSSC outfit that do central payroll are fairly slack, delays of 2 months for non core pay are regular features.

Comment

• Any delays in RDF pay (from experience) are on the unit side (not Galway)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
            Any delays in RDF pay (from experience) are on the unit side (not Galway)
            I suspect the "delays" are a result of losing cadre, the guys running the RDF desk now in the units aren't willing to risk processing pay for someone who doesn't make a camp or leaves early. It's disgraceful making bods wait for money when they may have signed off, taken unpaid leave or be self employed.
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• The delays are most like due to any of the paperwork being completed until after the event.

The initial list is supposed to be submitted something like 3/4 weeks prior to the FTT and then any alterations made on the Monday (so if someone doesn't make it that's how it's dealt with).

Even more complicated by the various manday restrictions.

People leaving early is another issue, if it's known in advance you just change the number of mandays on the Monday, if it isn't then leave is more than likely a non issue with regard to pay.

Either way another example of a simple thing being made overly complicated
              Last edited by DeV; 11 June 2017, 14:23.

Comment

• Agreed - especially payments are electronic - button click. Not like they have to feckin count out cash, like FCA pay parades back in the day...
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• One wonders what they are up to. My statement of service says I spent 14 years as a private.
                  Still, they always managed to pay me at the right rank, at least.

Comment

• Not like they have to feckin count out cash, like FCA pay parades back in the day...
                    The cash counting worked very well indeed as at the end of the week you were paid precisely what you were owed, including grat etc. Pay officers took their job very seriously indeed and it was a shame it was abolished as the Dept refuse to admit the replacement is not a workable solution for the RDF.

Even the upcoming PMSC offers no chance of this improving.

As someone points out above I cannot easily ask a man to take a fortnight off for SIC2 and forego several weeks without that money

Comment

• numbers recruited by year last 7 years

Comment

• ****!!! I knew things were bad but I didn't really realise how bad they were.

Comment

• Reserve Force Personnel Strength Figures - May 2017

Effective Strength is now only 1,941

Comment

• Still overstated

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
                              https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/...ection%3Awrans

Effective Strength is now only 1,941
                              Half that and you are likely closer to the mark.
                              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• numbers recruited by year last 7 years

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas....ument#WRV00800
                                Inducting people in 2017 into a voluntary organisation, from a 2015/2016 panel, is a bit like a bad joke in itself,.. a waiting list for a voluntary organisation?!

Are there many other organisations/voluntary societies/clubs in Ireland that people would willingly go through an interview process for etc., (and possibly be told 'No'), and then have to wait?

Apart from the Freemasons perhaps!?
                                Last edited by WhingeNot; 23 July 2017, 02:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X