Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    It's a catch 22

Of course, in the scheme of things a large percentage of your NCOs in a coy could be 2 individuals. Although when it is an all RDF career course that you are referring to (assuming it's the one I'm thinking about) why are all the instructors coming from 1 unit?

With regard to SIC2, there is a proposed course over a number of weekends and a proposed course for next year which will be more RDF friendly (will still involve FTT however). The knock on effect of the SIC2 is no recruit instructors. My formation (which is relatively small currently has 5+ personnel who are SIC2 qualified). If necessary, nothing to stop the unit commander tasking PDF instructors.
    The reason all the instructors are from one unit is because the ncos in question want to put skills to use and are not getting a chance at home unit. Im a member of same unit and we havent enough troops to instruct. We spent the 1st quater of year doing shooting team tasks. Its the same every year and by time competitions are over most of us have used leave and mandays.

Comment

• So your unit isn't requesting you for other tasks?

Comment

• The reason all the instructors are from one unit is because the ncos in question want to put skills to use and are not getting a chance at home unit. Im a member of same unit and we havent enough troops to instruct. We spent the 1st quater of year doing shooting team tasks. Its the same every year and by time competitions are over most of us have used leave and mandays.
        Oh Lord are we still doing shooting team bollox
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• We are in my call sign Trell. There are other taskings bjt arent met that often due to people wasting up all time with stp

Comment

• We are in my call sign Trell. There are other taskings bjt arent met that often due to people wasting up all time with stp
            time to take some sacred cows out and have a messy execution I think **** all that shit

Comment

• Problem is it comes from BN. They prioritise it above all else.

Comment

• Problem is it comes from BN. They prioritise it above all else
                only because people dont put the training plan in for the RDF units in October

"5 lads on a mod2b, 5 on mod 3, 3 on Regimental signallers, 4NCOs on SIC2 work with Bn 2IC's office to get it set up into Bn trg plan, ITs medicals and arps complete by end Feb and call me when its done "

oh look nobody to go on shooting team bar a few farts and do you know what ? "the puppy survives"

Comment

• And you even have an RDF officer who is part of the training cell !!

Comment

• Good stuff from E Coy 12 Inf Bn currently employed on ATCA in preparation (must be a first in Ireland) for the red weather warning covering large parts of the west coast

Comment

• At least 1 RDF promotion to Sgt in the recent past

Comment

• Appropriate
                        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Yes people are making use of vacancies and promoting them but its a real restricted set. Sorry I've been away foreign for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Yes people are making use of vacancies and promoting them but its a real restricted set. Sorry I've been away foreign for a while.
                            49 vacancies that can be filled

Comment

• Lets see what fun stuff is in the email tomorrow when I open it after 3 weeks - hopefully a promotion !

Comment

• Was referring to sgt vacancies but there is probably more than that for the rank your looking for

Comment

Working...
                                X