Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and what flash/ patch are you talking about above - Infy and trelhiem

Comment

• Makes no difference to me, I have a Glengarry. Pity about the 2 Bde PNCO course in fairness. We need Corporals more than we need a Standards course at present. The way things are looking, at present, I would not be looking to far beyond the review.

Have things improved, I'd say for 75% of reservists, the answer is yes. Have the reserve element demonstrated a credible ROI to the bean counters, no.

Is there a value to be had from the reserve element, in my opinion, there sure as hell is, it's just a matter of bringing it out and showing it.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• What patch/flash are you talking about Infy and Trelhiem

Comment

• The black beret doesn't cure any problems
          Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
            So do you just wear it when you get it or wait for a certain date
            The latter, as far as I know
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
              You've missed 4 courses at this stage (between all the formations)
              Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              I havent "missed" anything, I have been informed of them and been unable to get places on them.
              Cheers for pointing this out though, it has been eminently helpful of you.
              I've had the same problem myself, Morpheus
              Slots on when I could not get time off work for them, and could not get on to same in other formations
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                No patch, same as PDF...
                Not what I've heard

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiggles View Post
                  What patch/flash are you talking about Infy and Trelhiem

The naval reserve have a cultaca flash on the left arm. Think it's black with gold stitching.

Comment

• Not what I've heard
                    The black beret with red patch issued to me on Saturday would contradict. AFAIK there is no A9 amendment yet - but on reading it I can't see one is needed.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                      AFAIK there is no A9 amendment yet - but on reading it I can't see one is needed.
                      Has L3 been amended?

Comment

• Whats the big f**king deal with the beret.... i mean really?
                        we wore black before (so ive been told), then green, now black again,
                        we had purple epaulettes (apparently) and then none,
                        patch , no patch... both elements of the SFC are getting their knickers in a knot over nothing.

what the reserve force REALLY need, is

1. FULLY DEFINED integrated all arms role
                        2. EMPLOYMENT LEGISLATION - following defined structured role if it requires it
                        3. THE CULL of the petrified crustaceans which we’ve all waited for
                        4. A FULLY FORMED AND SUPPORTED PLAN on how to get from todays state of readiness to being fully capable of performing all requirements of #1
                        5. RESPONSIBILITY and associated ACCOUNTABILITY for all actions
                        6. THE TRUST OF FULL TIME ELEMENT that we are striving with 150% effort to achieve #1 in order to create one stronger team, not to replace but to augment and enhance the capacity of the defence forces as a whole.
                        7. FUNDING AND INVESTMENT required to achieve the mission set out in #1.

to summarize:

D I R E C T I O N
                        L E A D E R S H I P
                        R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y
                        S U P P O R T
                        A C C O U N T A B I L I T Y

not black hats.
                        Last edited by morpheus; 14 April 2015, 11:21.
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• The black berets is window dressing. Maybe the same effort should be put into sorting out medicals (across the DF).

I saw the contract award notice on etenders for 1200 medicals (the MO bit) to be conducted by a contractor, it worked out at around €85 each!!!!

In fact here is how the RDF could provide VFM:

Commission 6 doctors as RDF Capts (MO) - not a huge unmanagable amount

Rate of pay is approx €170 per manday, give them say a 3 week RDF DE MO Cse and uniform (that would be around €4000 in outlay costs). That could be year one.

Year 2 (and beyond), say 7 days FTT and 12 paid weekends of medicals (13 x 30 mins slots in a normal working day with breaks). That is 31 days x 13 medicals = 1 RDF MO doing 403 annual medicals at a cost of approx €5,500 annually

So 6 RDF MOs do, 2418 medicals for €33,000 annually

That's under €14 per medical !!!!

But sure it's only a saving of over 80%

Comment

• I am led to believe that the Medicals for under 40s will be carried out by your own Gp, not sure of the details but that is what I heard.

Comment

• Heard that too (which is anti-SFC)

But a GP can't give you a medical classification AFAIK

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                The black berets is window dressing. Maybe the same effort should be put into sorting out medicals (across the DF).

I saw the contract award notice on etenders for 1200 medicals (the MO bit) to be conducted by a contractor, it worked out at around €85 each!!!!

In fact here is how the RDF could provide VFM:

Commission 6 doctors as RDF Capts (MO) - not a huge unmanagable amount

Rate of pay is approx €170 per manday, give them say a 3 week RDF DE MO Cse and uniform (that would be around €4000 in outlay costs). That could be year one.

Year 2 (and beyond), say 7 days FTT and 12 paid weekends of medicals (13 x 30 mins slots in a normal working day with breaks). That is 31 days x 13 medicals = 1 RDF MO doing 403 annual medicals at a cost of approx €5,500 annually

So 6 RDF MOs do, 2418 medicals for €33,000 annually

That's under €14 per medical !!!!

But sure it's only a saving of over 80%
                                Is there 6 doctors in the country who would apply for this? The IMO has a history of not cooperating with the DF hence the numbers of overseas doctors on DE
                                Last edited by Big Al; 14 April 2015, 13:39.
                                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                                X