The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of points from above.

And how will they know what officers can't tell them what to do per the defence act?
    It's not the Act that does this, it's A18 which has never been repealed and refers to the Power of Command which is a legal one and was put in to stop cadre NCOs getting 667s from Bagger Company Commanders. If the boss puts you in charge of a group of his troops they're yours ,end of story. And since A18 has no security marking
    Reserve Defence Force.

21. (1) An officer of the Reserve of Officers (First Line) may exercise the power of command for which these Regulations provide only when subject to military law.

(2) An officer of the Reserve of Offices (Army Reserve) may exercise the power of command for which these Regulations provide only when subject to military law and then only over officers of the Reserve of Officers (Army Reserve) and men of the Reserve of Men (Army Reserve) and such other personnel as may from time to time be placed under his command.

(3) An officer of the Reserve of Officers (Naval Service Reserve) may exercise the power of command for which these Regulations provide only when subject to military law and then only over officers of the Reserve of Officers (Naval Service Reserve) and men of the Reserve of Men (Naval Service Reserve) and such other personnel as may from time to time be placed under his command.
    Black berets effective 2 Bde from lunchtime 13 feb 2015 and issues were being organized today.

Peakers on issue now for OR ceremonials

Glengarries to remain for RDF non-cav officers but there is some rumour of 100€ charge for Officer pattern peaker if desired.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Wow....that is a pretty big and sudden change in regs. And peakers too?!?
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post

Glengarries to remain for RDF non-cav officers but there is some rumour of 100€ charge for Officer pattern peaker if desired.
        The uniform allowance will cover that. It's still there.

Comment

• I have to add my rage as I have just recently got a new green one shaped to my liking. The last one did 14 years. Sad to see it go.

Comment

• If true this is true VFM !!! Rolleyes

Uniformity obviously isn't the reason if glengarry or peakers can be worn

Comment

• Is it black berets for ceremonials or all the time Trell?
              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
              He put a bullet through his brain.
              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
              The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Sorry trell, I am blind. Answered the question before I'd even asked!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sluggie View Post
                  How will PDF other ranks know which officers not to salute?
                  This is one thing I'm gonna be glad will happen. It seriously winds me up seeing people not salute RDF Officers. It's extremely disrespectful and unprofessional, especially considering saluting someone takes all of two seconds.

It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                    Wow....that is a pretty big and sudden change in regs. And peakers too?!?
                    Why not?

If you're gonna wear the same beret as us, no reason not to give you lads peakers as well.

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    If true this is true VFM !!! Rolleyes

Uniformity obviously isn't the reason if glengarry or peakers can be worn
                    Ah give over.

Is there many things that need sorting in the RDF? Yes. That doesn't stop this move being a positive one, which will help cut out the "Us and them" nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                      Why not?

If you're gonna wear the same beret as us, no reason not to give you lads peakers as well.

Ah give over.

Is there many things that need sorting in the RDF? Yes. That doesn't stop this move being a positive one, which will help cut out the "Us and them" nonsense.
                      You'd hope so, but have a look on the DF members and ex members page on fb...

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
                        You'd hope so, but have a look on the DF members and ex members page on fb...
                        I've seen it before and I'd not pay much notice to it.

Worry about the PDF troops you'll be serving alongside, the vast majority of whom don't post on that joke of a page.

Comment

• As someone said above; there are still serving RDF members who wore black berets before we had green ones.

So its something we can ease our scared and nervous PDF colleagues into.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                            This is one thing I'm gonna be glad will happen. It seriously winds me up seeing people not salute RDF Officers. It's extremely disrespectful and unprofessional, especially considering saluting someone takes all of two seconds.

It's ridiculous.
                            You'll find some units (PDF) just don't "do" saluting away from the square. It doesn't matter that the officers are RDF or not.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• When did black berets leave the fca the last time?
                              Also I believe that there will always be a" them and us " as the PDF do a full time job and the RDF do not, maybe if the RDF did the same recruit training starting of the pitch would be level, but the fact of the matter is that's a bridge to far ,possible just for the moment.
                              Another thing if alot guys think the RDF will be axed soon no need for their berets to be purchased this could be just a false summit.

Comment

• I always salute RDF officers.Makes them feel important
                                Seriously though its the presidential commission you salute.Not the wearer or the hat colour.
                                I would hope that RDF have a green patch behind the capbadge. Purely for ID purposes.Precedent there already when we had the AAS in Naas.They had a blue patch.
                                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                                X