The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OXW,

It's all backwards. All of it. If you want to go forward, the RDF isn't for you. Unless you like trying to go forward against a tide of backward, in which case, fill your boots.

Don't say you weren't warned. Enjoy your stay.

Regards,

S&S

Comment

• Dont worry its not that bad most people still turn up every week
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• We're still turning up trell but the sheer amount of ****ery this year so far is taking the piss. Without ranges we'll just cease to function and won't have anything to do!
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          Dont worry its not that bad most people still turn up every week
          Every week, without fail.....

On a serious note OWX, despite all the misgivings, it's the best pastime you'll ever have. Fact.

Comment

• Well S&S end goal is to join the PDF, i'm only joining the RDF to keep busy until recruitment starts again for the PDF!

I'd imagine the PDF is more structured from what iv'e gathered but still won't make any assumptions about the RDF until iv'e had my fair share of experiences.

Mind you, I'm on my 8th week of waiting for the return of the Garda Vetting which hasn't been a pleasant wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post

On a serious note OWX, despite all the misgivings, it's the best pastime you'll ever have. Fact.
              Thats the entire company falling in at my callsign.... everyone is most certainly NOT turning up.
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                Thats the entire company falling in at my callsign.... everyone is most certainly NOT turning up.
                And you wonder why I transferred out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post

That photo is out of date from the FCA days.

This is the newly re-re-organised Reserve element of the single force.

For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Did my medical this morning.

The GP said that he had not received a circular from the IMO about this. He was 'surprised' that the DF did not agree the terms of reference and rates of pay with the IMO.

The cynic in me thinks that the DF would not be too troubled if this go to your GP idea crashed.

Also, the two units I referred to in an earlier post both completed APWTs last weekend. I think the audiogram was a solo run by somebody that did not want to work a weekend day.
                    I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                    Who is number 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                      Did my medical this morning.

The GP said that he had not received a circular from the IMO about this. He was 'surprised' that the DF did not agree the terms of reference and rates of pay with the IMO.

The cynic in me thinks that the DF would not be too troubled if this go to your GP idea crashed.

Also, the two units I referred to in an earlier post both completed APWTs last weekend. I think the audiogram was a solo run by somebody that did not want to work a weekend day.
                      What a surprise (in bold)
                      However, apparently, this was agreed as far back as 1991 with the IMO
                      Be some craic trying to find that one
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                        What a surprise (in bold)
                        However, apparently, this was agreed as far back as 1991 with the IMO
                        Be some craic trying to find that one
                        I'm not surprised but I was pointing out the doctor's surprise.

His initial question was what exactly did the DF require. So a person with NO medical training had to explain what the previous medical involved and go through the various forms with him. As a minimum this should have been covered on the AF or some form of guidance for the GP. So we decided, rightly for wrongly, that a sports medical should cover it ie for a boxer, scuba diver............ Only time will tell.

I do recall doing a medical with a GP in the Bks in Athlone in 1991.

I'm sure you remember a certain Sgt who always said that a gobshxt will always put it up in lights for everyone to see. So the DF have put it up in lights for the IMO to see.
                        Last edited by The Prisoner; 3 February 2016, 12:07.
                        I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                        Who is number 1?

Comment

• If/when I'm going to my GP, I'll be saying this is the sheet saying what each METS level is.

I was in the GP before about something else and brought it up, he said he'd have no problem doing it. As you did I mentioned what DF medical consisted off so then he wanted to do all those things as well.

Comment

• HMS Calliope has been renovated enabling the Royal Marines Reserves to be based there for the first time.

Imagine if that figure was given to the whole RDF

Comment

• His initial question was what exactly did the DF require. So a person with NO medical training had to explain what the previous medical involved and go through the various forms with him. As a minimum this should have been covered on the AF or some form of guidance for the GP. So we decided, rightly for wrongly, that a sports medical should cover it ie for a boxer, scuba diver............ Only time will tell.
                              The answer to that question is covered in an annex in the updated TI 05/07 Fitness tests.Called METS. Designed to guide the GP how to assess you against the Military requirements.Worth a read and a copy of the annex should be brought with you when attending a GP medical.
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                                The answer to that question is covered in an annex in the updated TI 05/07 Fitness tests.Called METS. Designed to guide the GP how to assess you against the Military requirements.Worth a read and a copy of the annex should be brought with you when attending a GP medical.
                                True but guess what is written at the top and bottom of the page it wouldn't stop me

Comment

Working...
                                X