Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Recruit
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Annual fitness test grades/age

    Hi All,

    Could somebody please tell me the grades and age categories for the annual fitness test?

    I have turned 35 and am wondering the amount of push-ups/sit-ups required for me to pass and also the time limits for the run and loaded march.

    Would very much appreciate this information.

  2. #2
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grade 4
    PU 23
    SU 18
    2 miles 17:10 (add 2 mins of female)
    10km 105 mins

  3. #3
    Recruit
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

  4. #4
    C/S Auldsod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wesht
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, does anyone have the detail or document for the current fitness test requirements for all age categories?

    I used to have a link but it's now broken and the DF site only has the initial entry tests.

    Thanks in advance!

  5. #5
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why?

  6. #6
    Lieutenant X-RayOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    dublin
    Posts
    1,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Why?
    Not everybody on the board is 35
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

    T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

  7. Likes ODIN liked this post
  8. #7
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    Hi, does anyone have the detail or document for the current fitness test requirements for all age categories?

    I used to have a link but it's now broken and the DF site only has the initial entry tests.

    Thanks in advance!
    What age group are you looking for?

  9. #8
    Captain Truck Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Here And There...
    Posts
    10,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Auldsod, TI 05/2007 deals with the DF fitness tests
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

  10. Thanks Auldsod thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
  11. #9
    C/S Auldsod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wesht
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    What age group are you looking for?
    I was looking for the bracket from 30-35.

  12. #10
    C/S Auldsod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wesht
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Auldsod, TI 05/2007 deals with the DF fitness tests
    Don't have access unfortunately but thanks.

  13. Likes Truck Driver liked this post
  14. #11
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    I was looking for the bracket from 30-35.
    Minimums to get grade 4

    Push ups - 26
    Sit ups - 22
    3.2km / 2 Miles - 16:42 mins
    10 km - 99 mins

  15. Thanks Auldsod thanked for this post
  16. #12
    C/S Auldsod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wesht
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Minimums to get grade 4

    Push ups - 26
    Sit ups - 22
    3.2km / 2 Miles - 16:42 mins
    10 km - 99 mins
    Thanks

  17. #13
    Space Lord of Terra morpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Metropolis
    Posts
    3,146
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is my opinion that regardless of corps or unit, you should set a target of grade 1 in your age group. As an infantry NCO I always set my target as grade 1 for 18 - if you're going to lead a section with 18 year olds in it, you damn well better be fitter than the best of them. Lead from the front!
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

  18. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, X-RayOne liked this post
  19. #14
    Recruit Poiuyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    It is my opinion that regardless of corps or unit, you should set a target of grade 1 in your age group. As an infantry NCO I always set my target as grade 1 for 18 - if you're going to lead a section with 18 year olds in it, you damn well better be fitter than the best of them. Lead from the front!
    At one stage an idea was floated that all those who got Grade 1 in each part of the test would receive a certificate or award from the DFPES, possibly even an extra day off a year. Never came to much, pity.

  20. Likes morpheus, DeV liked this post
  21. #15
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    Thanks
    That’s for those aged 30 to 34 (ie under 35)

    For info grade 3:
    Push ups - 32
    Sit ups - 26
    3.2 km - 15:41 mins
    10 km - 81 mins

    For info the first 3 are in sports gear

    The 10km is (generally cross country), can be as they say in a UK “a cheeky one” (eg hills etc). It is done in uniform and boots carry battle vest and patrol pack (which must weigh min 14 kg).

    Note if you plan to consume any water that you have included in that 14 kg, it must still weigh 14 kg at the end of the 10km (as a very very rough guide if you plan to drink a litre of water during the 10km you’d be carrying min 15 kg)

  22. Thanks Auldsod thanked for this post
  23. #16
    C/S Auldsod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wesht
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    It is my opinion that regardless of corps or unit, you should set a target of grade 1 in your age group. As an infantry NCO I always set my target as grade 1 for 18 - if you're going to lead a section with 18 year olds in it, you damn well better be fitter than the best of them. Lead from the front!
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'm currently down at grade four for my age category and will be having a fitness test in a few weeks. I'm realistic about how much I can get done before the date though. I will be striving for grade 3 and onwards after that. The fitness aspect was one of the reasons I joined.

  24. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, DaithiDub liked this post
  25. #17
    C/S Auldsod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wesht
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    That’s for those aged 30 to 34 (ie under 35)

    For info grade 3:
    Push ups - 32
    Sit ups - 26
    3.2 km - 15:41 mins
    10 km - 81 mins

    For info the first 3 are in sports gear

    The 10km is (generally cross country), can be as they say in a UK “a cheeky one” (eg hills etc). It is done in uniform and boots carry battle vest and patrol pack (which must weigh min 14 kg).

    Note if you plan to consume any water that you have included in that 14 kg, it must still weigh 14 kg at the end of the 10km (as a very very rough guide if you plan to drink a litre of water during the 10km you’d be carrying min 15 kg)
    And my next target!

  26. #18
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'm currently down at grade four for my age category and will be having a fitness test in a few weeks. I'm realistic about how much I can get done before the date though. I will be striving for grade 3 and onwards after that. The fitness aspect was one of the reasons I joined.
    You’d be surprised the motivation can be gained by running (semi competitively) in a group.

    Finishing ahead of younger people and/or more senior ranks helps too

  27. #19
    C/S Auldsod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wesht
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, is the final grading for the test a composite of all three?

    For example a grade 4 on the run, a grade 3 on the PU+SU and a grade 3 for the 10km march would be overall a grade 3?

  28. #20
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, is the final grading for the test a composite of all three?

    For example a grade 4 on the run, a grade 3 on the PU+SU and a grade 3 for the 10km march would be overall a grade 3?
    You will be individually graded 1-6 based on the amount/timing for each element.

    There are 3 parts to “ITs” (annual fitness test)
    Part 1 is screening - any injuries, BMI etc
    Part 2 - the push ups, sit ups and 2.4 km
    Part 3 - the 10km

    For part 2, you’ll be graded in each of the 3 elements and the average is the final grade for part 2. Eg you get grade 1 in PU, 3 in SU and 2 in the run you get grade 2 for part 2.

    You must get minimum grade 4 in each element to pass and if you fail any element you can’t go onto the next.

    The part 3 receives a stand-alone grade (you must have successfully got min grade 4 in part 2 within 8 weeks of attempting part 3.



    In summary,
    At the end you’ll receive a grade for part 2 (PU, SU and 2.4km) and a separate grade for part 3

  29. #21
    Caporal chef de premiere bohs fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    GLASNEVIN (DNS)
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello folks doing the Cosantoir 10km run around the same time as the fitness tests can be useful , I have done this in the past & it definitely helped my 1960,s carcass over the line!!
    Bohs till I die

  30. Likes Truck Driver, Bayern Fan liked this post
  31. #22
    Private 2*
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

    If someone has the grade 1s scores for over 35s that would be helpful too

  32. #23
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Hi all,

    If someone has the grade 1s scores for over 35s that would be helpful too
    Which age group?

    There is 17-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, >60

    TI 05/2007 is the document you want.... it is not restricted

  33. #24
    C/S Auldsod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wesht
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Which age group?

    There is 17-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, >60

    TI 05/2007 is the document you want.... it is not restricted
    How can the document be accessed Dev? I don't have access to the DF intranet. Is there another source?

  34. #25
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    21,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    How can the document be accessed Dev? I don't have access to the DF intranet. Is there another source?
    Your unit, just ask for the relevant pages and say that you want to try to get grade 1
    Last edited by DeV; 23rd September 2018 at 20:21.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Flamingo

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •