The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    When I joined in '86 we spent most Sunday mornings doubling round Griffith Bks to take the bends out of the elbows
    I've been looking at this for ten minutes, trying to work out how doubling works without 'bending the elbows'. Any photographs?

Comment

• We used to double with fn over our head or in front of us. That was around 1997

Comment

• Been there.Done that.

Ever do the "Cossack" with a Mag over your head??
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Not with the mag

Comment

• Originally posted by DaithiDub View Post
            At my callsign, this stopped right after the induction of female recruits (as did 'drop and give me ten').
            I remember the face of one Sgt when the offender, on being told “Give me ten”, did it with one hand...
            'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
            'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
            Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
            He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
            http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
              We used to double with fn over our head or in front of us. That was around 1997
              Yah, done that a few times myself. You'd be laughed at for the Steyr equivalent, obv.

Comment

• Double with the Mag , did the Cossack with the Bren a few times , double with bren boxes full of sand but thats nostalgia for you ... its not what it used to be
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Back when that kind of thing was allowed

Comment

• My experience is that most new people think "1.5miles? 20 push-up & sit-ups? No prob". Rock up on testing day and struggle to do 10 push-ups or don't know how to do DF sit-ups.

Fail to prepare....

Comment

• am I the only person who gets fked off when RDF show up on RDFRA feeds wearing buckshee clothes (e.g barrack jackets ) . And yes, I know its cold thats what a montane under the smock is for. In fairness theres one lad there properly dressed. its like taking pictures of someone with the fly down deliberately ( take the jacket off before the photo for fk sake )

Comment

• I blame those responsible for enforcing the uniform code in their unit.
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Please show photograph please

Comment

• rdfra twitter , rdfra facebook will get you what you need.

I dont' blame people for dressing warm but its pr folks lets be correct and put the jacket on under the smock
                            Last edited by trellheim; 4 March 2018, 23:42.

Comment

• You haven’t seen the Junior Minister’s jacket on his trip to Wexford Ambulance Station then?

Comment

• I was wondering about that. Is it issue or something else?
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X