The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    And Black berets for all ... just out apparently.
    Its going to be a bit of a mind**** in bks during "working hours" not being to tell who is RDF at a distance. When they get dished out we'll all be down to one hat with the spare 5 in the wardrobe reduced to tea cosys or hamster beds or some shite.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      And Black berets for all ... just out apparently.
      So I see.

Personally I preferred the green beret, I doubt we'll ever get it back. Once you go black, you never go back, apparently.

Comment

• yes i too liked the green beret... ah well, maybe we'll have a little patch behind the badge or something? single force concept however would at best suggest same for all where possible.
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• There is rumours attached to the black hat rumour that a reserve patch will be added to our no 1s...it's amazing how these things go around in circles..there's old sweats still serving that wore black berets in the FCA back in the day...

Comment

• If the black beret thing is true, I can 100% live with it.

I merely ask one thing, please make the troops earn their beret's. I know it's not an Army wide thing but in the old Eastern Bde, Units had a great tradition of not issuing Recruits their black beret's until they became 2 Star Pte's. You'd see people around the barracks in their beret's while you wore a bush hat and it killed you, it was something you wanted.

By all means issue the RDF black berets but make them earn them.*

*Obviously wouldnt apply to lads who are already 3 Star Private's and above. They've done everything the DF asked of them to make the grade.

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              yes i too liked the green beret... ah well, maybe we'll have a little patch behind the badge or something? single force concept however would at best suggest same for all where possible.
              The one bad thing about the green beret's was the various shades that seemed to exist. Always looked a bit messy I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                There is rumours attached to the black hat rumour that a reserve patch will be added to our no 1s...it's amazing how these things go around in circles..there's old sweats still serving that wore black berets in the FCA back in the day...
                In which case what's the point????

Will L3 be changed? Cause otherwise they won't be issued and they can be taken off you

Will they get rid of the green patch on the red beret if the rest go black with red?

Comment

• Jeez there's some lads getting their shite in a twist over the thought of this on the DF members and ex members page. I don't really know what to think about it really...I'd back Fridge's post about having to earn it.
                  I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                  Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                  Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                  And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                  With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                  He put a bullet through his brain.
                  And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                  Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                  Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                  The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• RDF probably gonna be abolished next budget so whats the point.
                    If at first you don't succeed, then call in an airstrike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
                      RDF probably gonna be abolished next budget so whats the point.
                      The RDF have been set to be abolished every budget from 08.
                      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                      He put a bullet through his brain.
                      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• How will PDF other ranks know which officers not to salute?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sluggie View Post
                          How will PDF other ranks know which officers not to salute?
                          And how will they know what officers can't tell them what to do per the defence act?

Comment

• Where is this coming from.
                            And if true-when does it take effect
                            And is it only for ceremonials

Comment

• Wonder will the RDF have snags with numbers on the night the berets are being issued

Comment

• wont make a difference in my unit as us party hats all wear the same anyway
                                Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X