No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would really appreciate evidence in either direction. However I will not accept facebook comments by RDF RA as "fact".

Now, if they were to publish official communication from DoD, which notice of release of the VFM would be I would believe that. Before any comments about not being able to publish private correspondence, I'll again state that any notice of the release of the VFM would be official correspondence stating time and place of a press conference, freely available to the public and could be published by RDF RA without issue. If such confirmation was not available to the RDF RA then they should not have published today as a release date.

It is not the first time RDF RA have published unconfirmed information which has turned out to be false and stirred up a hornets nest as a result. I wouldn't be the first person to suggest that such releases are designed to force the DoD to make a statement to clarify the matter.

Comment

• VFM reports don't usually mean a press conference!

Comment

• There normally is an event to publish the report, generally a small scale press conference. Not exactly on the plinth kinda stuff, just an event to mark the publication.

Comment

• The RDFra have been "incorrect" in their pleadings already, relatively recently. They won't see the contents of the VFM any sooner than anyone else with access to the DoD website.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
            I wonder will they be inciting us to mutiny again!
            What would that make it? 3rd time this year?

Originally posted by Charlie Echo View Post
            My local ministers office just rang the DOD for me....
            There is the start of the mutiny

(Sorry for the slagging CE but it had to be done)
            Last edited by Docman; 24 October 2012, 15:24.

Comment

• Slagging? I've had a sod soaking in petrol on the end of a pike sine june... I'm just waiting for someone to give me a spin the four courts!! hahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Echo View Post
                There normally is an event to publish the report, generally a small scale press conference. Not exactly on the plinth kinda stuff, just an event to mark the publication.
                There have 4 without even a press release!:
                AC maintenance
                NS maintenance
                Military training lands
                Clothing

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                The RDFra have been "incorrect" in their pleadings already, relatively recently.
                You mean the southern brigade thing?
                It wasn't incorrect, the orders were changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  You mean the southern brigade thing?
                  It wasn't incorrect, the orders were changed.
                  RDFRA believes that the evidence is irrefutable that the Military authorities are pre-empting any formal announcement of any decision on the future structure, shape and role of the RDF by withdrawing resource support from it and closing it down in advance of any formal announcement on our future.
                  I was one of the first to see the order. I didn't take much notice of it as I understood what it was trying to achieve and did not see "irrefutable evidence" of anything that RDFRA were claiming. As always, the priority of the PDF was the PDF and they were putting the RDF on a slow burner until after their re-org, especially given that the Bde HQ that the RDF units were reporting to was also being re-orged.

A few days later, RDFRA started a storm over the issue. I still have no idea what all the fuss was about - especially when you consider that people were planning to march on Dail Eireann in Uniform?
                  Last edited by Docman; 24 October 2012, 17:54.

Comment

• The order said limit training for 1 month and cancel training for 2 further months.

In away I agree (didn't say anything about closing units etc and more was read into it).

But given the DOD who knows

Comment

The order said limit training for 1 month and cancel training for 2 further months.

In away I agree (didn't say anything about closing units etc and more was read into it).

But given the DOD who knows
                      Did you see the order?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Yes and just reread it to confirm what I said is correct

Comment

The order said limit training for 1 month and cancel training for 2 further months.
                          And how does this equate to "that the evidence is irrefutable that the Military authorities are ..... closing it down".

Sorry for the attack but it is difficult to excuse RDFRAs recent actions
                          Last edited by Docman; 24 October 2012, 21:50.

Comment

• See post 2820

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
                              they were putting the RDF on a slow burner until
                              The RDF has been oon the slow burner for years. How much slower can it get??

especially when you consider that people were planning to march on Dail Eireann in Uniform?
                              I think they were ranting rather than planning.
                              Lets face it most of the ranters are probably the ones that hhardly turn up on a parade night.
                              Do you really think they would turn up at the Dail?
                              Like without employment protection????????????

Comment

• It would appear that many posters to the RDFRA facebook page are not being read the "Acts" as they are required to be done from time to time.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X