The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
    If he had put in a bit more time, he wouldn't have had to whinge. The minimum requirement for Grat isn't a lot.
    I agree. Minimum requirements are very little TBH and hopefully the new reorganisation will address that issue

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
      I will pass that link on if he comes whinging again

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
        If he had put in a bit more time, he wouldn't have had to whinge. The minimum requirement for Grat isn't a lot.
        It is since parade nights are a complete and utter waste of time.
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Depends on your rank/appointment, unit and location.

Gives the admin staff time to do admin
          You could do PT
          You may have access to weapons

Comment

• Its up to peoples commitments being challenged i.e. turning up becomes the norm instead of the exception as is currently happening. All we are witnessing now is as a result of the recruitment embargo and the rotting decaying wait on the VFM to decide our future.
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Assuming the RDF is downsized and pulled into occupied barracks completely and there was 1 weekend a month:

For parade nights:
              A lot of basic lessons could be covered that need little if any PDF involvement
              There could be a weekly PT session (not enough I know)
              The A and Logs Admin could be done
              Could be spent on upskilling RDF instructors

Down side:
              Attendance could suffer as a lot of people would be willing to travel long distances for a weekend of training but not for 2 hours (understandably!).

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                Assuming the RDF is downsized and pulled into occupied barracks completely and there was 1 weekend a m

Would this mean NSR to be concentrated in NBAD.

Comment

• All NSR Units are already in occupied Bks.All NSR training and courses take place in the Naval Base or in the NMCI or at sea.
                  The Cork Unit parade in the Base from May to Sept and are more than likely to move to the Base full time shortly.There is a rumour that one Unit will be lost as the NSR now only has establishment for 3 Lt Cdrs and 3 SCPOs.
                  Still no one knows the future.

Comment

• I tell a lie Waterford are not in an occupied Bks,
                    They use Kilkenny for Wpns

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                      Would this mean NSR to be concentrated in NBAD.
                      In two minds but probably (like a national unit).

Maybe a couple of drivers at previous Coy locations?

Originally posted by popeye View Post
                      All NSR Units are already in occupied Bks.All NSR training and courses take place in the Naval Base or in the NMCI or at sea.
                      The Cork Unit parade in the Base from May to Sept and are more than likely to move to the Base full time shortly.There is a rumour that one Unit will be lost as the NSR now only has establishment for 3 Lt Cdrs and 3 SCPOs.
                      Still no one knows the future.
                      Has a new RDF CS4 been published?

Comment

• The constant changing of the membership of the VFM outfit must be contributing to the delay,only 2 of orig 8 still involved,some have changed sereral times.

Comment

• Also some would have been working on higher priority projects

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            In two minds but probably (like a national unit).

Maybe a couple of drivers at previous Coy locations?

Has a new RDF CS4 been published?
                            It was a ministerial decision, outlined here some months ago.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• ?

The Minister signs CS4, that contains the establishment of the RDF (AR and NSR).

Comment

• utsf.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X