The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    From a purely Logistical and cost saving move issuing the RDF with black berets albeit with a green patch is the way to go.
    After which, north will become south, south become north, dogs will walk alongside cats and the wolf shall lie down with the lamb.

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

From a purely Logistical and cost saving move issuing the RDF with black berets albeit with a green patch is the way to go.
      It would probably be more cost neutral in long term (unless the DF sees the patches on itself) and more expensive in the short term as they would have to buy an initial 4000 odd.

Comment

I said that ages ago myself. Either that, or NO patches
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Patches ? We don't need no steenkeen patches. Plus it doesn't work. If a Captain comes up to me and gives me an order in a deployed-Company-in-the-Field situation with his helmet on and all the IPLCS/PLCE is matching everyone else, do I stop and think .. Hmmm.... PDF or RDF ? What If I'm PDF ? If my CS is detailed by the BSM to form up the parade, what then
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            Patches ? We don't need no steenkeen patches. Plus it doesn't work. If a Captain comes up to me and gives me an order in a deployed-Company-in-the-Field situation with his helmet on and all the IPLCS/PLCE is matching everyone else, do I stop and think .. Hmmm.... PDF or RDF ? What If I'm PDF ? If my CS is detailed by the BSM to form up the parade, what then
            They should have taught about that before since there isn't enough IPLCS to go around. I for one any glad to be a reservist !

Comment

• oh well we could always go back to what should have been worn by reservists since day one they got DPM's. A "RDF" tab.Save's any confusion.A bit like the green patches for the RDF PA berets.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Why bother when us Reservists can be identified by our distinct physique?

Of course this means scrapping this silly talk of mandatory fitness testing as it will scupper this highly effective means of differentiation...
                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

• You know something.You lot are never happy no matter what you get.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• You know something.You lot are never happy no matter what you get
                    Exactly. We'll fit right in.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• So apart from"you'll know soon enough", which is what we have now been told, does anyone what's going on?

Is it true that we can only do ceremonial weapons training?

IMO is eerily quiet!!!!

Comment

• Problem is people were discussing the content of a document which they were not supposed to have, which had not been approved, in a forum which is visible to the public.

You will know soon enough.

Comment

• I get the feeling some units have already fallen on their officers cermonial swords are only being held together 'sam browne' fashion, single handedly' as was the original intention of the sam brown belt.

Apart from the NSR who did very well and despite 65 years of slagging of may end up as the only credible reserve structure as a reserve in the entire DF.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• I get the feeling some units have already fallen on their officers cermonial swords are only being held together 'sam browne' fashion, single handedly' as was the original intention of the sam brown belt.

Apart from the NSR who did very well and despite 65 years of slagging of may end up as the only credible reserve structure as a reserve in the entire DF.

I would hardly call a 50 % cut getting off lightly.

Comment

• Originally posted by popeye View Post
                              I get the feeling some units have already fallen on their officers cermonial swords are only being held together 'sam browne' fashion, single handedly' as was the original intention of the sam brown belt.

I would hardly call a 50 % cut getting off lightly.
                              The numbers were cut to reflect the actual turnout. The NSR is the only arm that did not suffer units being disbanded. I'd safely say every other reserve unit was disbanded, or relocated to an extent none of its original members will be able to continue training.

Comment

• In fairness with four units , there was not much they could cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X