The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a recipe for a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-jSn7GXyt0
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Got a nice letter from the RDFRA today detailing to me how they are engaged in talks with the DoD regarding the Disestablishment of the RDF. They have been given an undertaking that "all training outside of weapons training should have being taken place since January"(sic), and if there was any dount to let its members know ASAP.

At the end of the self congratulatory letter where they told of how they got some changes to the plan (probably all the spare captain jobs) they tell of how the DCOS has been invited to address a general gathering on Sat 23rd March (Location undisclosed) of RDF Personnel. It did not confirm that he has accepted this request. Generals do parades, not gatherings.

It closes giving the schedule, which I have detailed below.

MOD: Information originally from a RESTRICTED ADMINO removed

PS. I discharged from the RDF in 2011.
      I got that letter too.

Haven't been a member of the RDF since 2007.

Comment

• Also, LOL at the thought of RDFRA planning on mouthing off to the DCOS.

Get back in your boxes ya wally's.

Comment

• Did the RDFRA ever get a legal opinion re scrapping of grat,it exists as a statutory right and can only be removed in sim fashion and not by decision of MoD or Gov only.

Comment

• As a. Member of rdfra I'd like to see the reason for an sdc as there must be some point/vote to be agreed otherwise it will be handwringing central. What about petitioning the minister to combine pdforra and rdfra enlisted and raco with the officers. Since PDF now fully responsible why not.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• T&C under R5

Comment

• They are just looking for the membership to endorse El presidente and his band of minions after the bloodless coup.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Does anybody know if the DoD, DCoS, CoS, or generally anybody making the decisions for/in the Irish Defence Forces on the future of the Army Reserve actually take RDFRA's views and wishes as the views and wishes of the RDF in general? Their aims etc. certainly are not concurrent with (I was going to use the word 'most' here, but I've never actually come across a member of the RDF who supports them) the views of ANY individual reservist that I've spoken to.
                  SWEAT SAVES BLOOD

Comment

• Just take their recent "submission" on the future of the DF which most individual members of RDFRA neither knew about or approved as a prime example.All down to the kingdom building of a few individuals!RDFRA is finding itself increasingly marginalised as a result.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasseur-Alpin View Post
                      Does anybody know if the DoD, DCoS, CoS, or generally anybody making the decisions for/in the Irish Defence Forces on the future of the Army Reserve actually take RDFRA's views and wishes as the views and wishes of the RDF in general? Their aims etc. certainly are not concurrent with (I was going to use the word 'most' here, but I've never actually come across a member of the RDF who supports them) the views of ANY individual reservist that I've spoken to.
                      Statute prohibits the RDFRA from having any say in defence policy, i.e the future of the reserve. They may like to think otherwise but their only duty is to pass on the details to the members, and assist them in whatever way they can.

They are not a union and should not think their opinion counts for anything within the Defence Forces..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• RDFRA are governed by DFR's. In particular S7 Schedule 2 lays it out

A. Remuneration under the following headings:-

(a) matters relating to

- pay,
                        - allowances, and
                        - gratuities,

payable to members of An Fórsa Cosanta Áitiúil and An Slua Muirí;

(b) the administration of pay, allowances and gratuities;

(c) deductions from pay in respect of accommodation, rations and welfare services;

B. Other Conditions of Service and Career Development
                        under the following headings:-

(d) criteria governing the entry of personnel into An Fórsa Cosanta Áitiúil and An Slua Muirí, other than the number of such personnel;

(e) changes in systems of performance appraisal;

(f) systems and general criteria governing promotion;

(g) medical and dental benefits provided by the Department of Defence for members of An Fórsa Cosanta Áitiúil and An Slua Muirí following accidents arising out of their duties;

(h) standards of training accommodation officially provided;

(i) procedures for dealing with redress of wrongs and grievances;

(j) the question of the provision of legal representation for members of An Fórsa Cosanta Áitiúil and An Slua Muirí against whom legal proceedings have been instituted arising out of their duties;

(k) the application of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 1989;

(l) the question of the recognition by outside bodies of training and qualifications gained in service;

(m) changes in retirement ages and the procedures regarding voluntary retirement, resignation or discharge;
                        One of the argument's I'd be making at the moment is that the Regulations trump Orders as the Minister owns the Regs and there has been no revision to regulations. For example it is clearly laid down in Reg R5 that a non-effective member may apply to come off the list at any point up to 2 years after going on.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          They are not a union and should not think their opinion counts for anything within the Defence Forces..
                          Thank God! There might be hope for a decent credible, fit for purpose Army Reserve if that's the case.
                          SWEAT SAVES BLOOD

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Just take their recent "submission" on the future of the DF which most individual members of RDFRA neither knew about or approved as a prime example.All down to the kingdom building of a few individuals!RDFRA is finding itself increasingly marginalised as a result.
                            Didn't we decide this was alone individual who didn't represent RDFRAs views.

Originally posted by kermit
                            R5 is currently being ammended.
                            some of which RDFRA will be able to make submissions on.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              ....some of which RDFRA will be able to make submissions on.
                              Yes, but the MA will have the final say in any case
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• As they do with PDFORRA and RACO

Comment

Working...
                                X