The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
    Attitude? I was responding to Paul g's portrayal of RDF as some sort of troglodytes incapable of operating the bleeding edge tech in the DF if trained. As to the value of kit being used, I believe the person using said equipment is the most expensive component in the scenario.
    It would be silly to discuss the RDF without pointing out the real world where infantry men are increasingly becoming more highly trained and fitter, with more increasingly expensive gear, that is limited to those who deploy. Hence why New Zealand has only six infantry companies in its army reserve.

But its intresting that you used the word Troglodytes to describe the RDF, according to Montesquieu they were a society that got rid of their rulers because they resented being under his rule and opt for a state where pure self intrest reigns and no common authority was acknowledged. As a result they self destructed.

Comment

• There is so much speculation it's unbelievable.

As I asked before, Is it possible for someone, anyone, to give us proper info?

We were briefed by an officer. He was in and out so fast many were waiting for the briefing to start.

To paraphrase.
      Fill out form
      There is a processing time line.
      You will be assigned to the unit you choose.
      Maybe.
      No questions because that's all I know.

I talk to my cadre Q. He knew even less.
      I'll paraphrase his answer.
      This HQ is being shut down.
      You are going no where but will be getting a new name.
      I'm off to somewhere but I'm not saying.
      You are going to have to do lots of stuff,
      medicals but there is some fudge work to be done on that.
      ITs but nothing is being orged until your new CO takes over.
      Training.................ha......................h a, ha. Good luck!!!!

Then i read all the squabbling here.
      And the we must do x,y and z. embrace change and then the finger pointing.

Lets stick to the facts. better still lets hope someone tells us some facts.

Comment

• Simple answer : **Everything** waits for the board to place you.

Once the board places you officially then all the above becomes your new units responsibility.

Board deliberations can't be predicted but be assured everyone wants it to be done and dusted so above training can get going. NOBODY as far as I know is placed yet.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          Simple answer : **Everything** waits for the board to place you.

Once the board places you officially then all the above becomes your new units responsibility.

Board deliberations can't be predicted but be assured everyone wants it to be done and dusted so above training can get going. NOBODY as far as I know is placed yet.
          Hey T, when are the assignments due to be announced ? This week or next, AFAIK
          Also, I've not heard as yet HOW personnel are to be notified.... anyone know (and yes, I have pinged
          an e-mail to my boss to see if he knows)
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Knowing how the DF works, It will be posted in routine orders. You then go to your New unit Orderly office who will tell you what ROs contain.

Presuming you know who your new unit is.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Knowing how the DF works, It will be posted in routine orders. You then go to your New unit Orderly office who will tell you what ROs contain.

Presuming you know who your new unit is.
              So in short, you report to your old unit to be told your new appointment.... :|
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                Simple answer : **Everything** waits for the board to place you.

So what does that mean?

We sit on our hands until someone says report to x.

We report in and the new unit commander will then make up the rest?

So if the unit commander decides we all are to do the first Monday of every month from 8:30 to 16:30 the so be it.

I find it incredible that there is no information with regard to what we should be expected from us by prospective units or what we should be expecting from them.

You say "so above training can get going" but we have been told nothing of what training we will be expected to undertake. I also it unlikely that it will be business as usual on Wednesday nights!!!!.

Comment

• That's more or less the way it will be. In fairness there are active PDF commanders and RDF commanders who don't take no for an answer out there making plans for the transition. Not in all units but they do exist. I am anticipating a communication gap so we need to be ready to dig for the required information and to disseminate it widely and quickly.

Comment

• I find it incredible that there is no information with regard to what we should be expected from us by prospective units or what we should be expecting from them.

You say "so above training can get going" but we have been told nothing of what training we will be expected to undertake. I also it unlikely that it will be business as usual on Wednesday nights!!!!.
                    Every unit will be doing its own thing. I have no idea what the unit you may get posted to will be doing. If they call 3 saturdays a month so be it or 4 wednesdays that's their lookout .

At the moment every Dublin RDF unit should be busy out with taskings and stand-downs and getting ready for the new dawn. Dont worry we'll look back at this as eye of the storm... 18 days and a wake-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                      Your old unit no longer exists.
                      It does until April 1st....

Comment

• It does until April 1st....
                        Wrong. March 30th is the last day.

Comment

• I assume that the last RO of the old unit posts you to the new one. If a unit doesn't exist it doesn't have a CO and therefore no ROs.

Comment

• For the day that's in it

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• I would assume that we will be notified of our new unit my post, in the same manner as the reassignment pack was sent to us.

Comment

• What was in the reassignment pack?

Is there training going on in the south at the moment?

Comment

Working...
                                X