No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've passed the IT's 4 times ( or is it 5 ? ) now to the same standard as PDF. Those of you who know me know I'm not the lightest tap-dancer in the world but I passed Medical, screening,calipers, Part 1, Part II, and Part III last time missing G1 by a teeny hair. I work in IT but I keep my own fitness up cos the DF dont' have the time to do it. A separate standard will just encourage division and resentment on both sides.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• There will be people concerned in RACO Apod, those who have KPIs to meet!

The different fitness tests could be to do with:
      A) problems with medicals
      B) not enough/issuing equipment for part 3
      C) lack of availability of BPEOs, PTIs, PTSs and PTLs

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Read it again, focus on 2014 and 2015
        Ah there it was "Aligned PDF and RDF APWT's".

It'll be intresting to see that.
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Aligned PDF and RDF APWT's
          Sigh. the only reason it was changed in the past was a poor train of thought ( like everything though it started as a good idea which was to improve the use of RDF range time etc and some Q in the back going yez are using too much of the bangy yokes sure they're only bagger recruits ).

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
            There will be people concerned in RACO Apod, those who have KPIs to meet!

The different fitness tests could be to do with:
            A) problems with medicals
            B) not enough/issuing equipment for part 3
            C) lack of availability of BPEOs, PTIs, PTSs and PTLs
            medicals for it,s are for over 40,s only at this moment
            the equipment can be givin to the lads going to do the test one week others the next week etc
            lack of pti,s i dont think would be a problem there is a lot of them knocking around each bks..

Comment

• While i'd be top of the line to call bullshit on the "single force concept" but any enforced fitness standard for the RDF across the board would be better than what we have currently. If using the same test as PDF recruits take pre-enlistment removes the requirement for medicals I'm all for it.
              Last edited by The real Jack; 5 April 2013, 13:56.
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                Ah there it was "Aligned PDF and RDF APWT's".

It'll be intresting to see that.
                It means there will 1 common range table.

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                Sigh. the only reason it was changed in the past was a poor train of thought ( like everything though it started as a good idea which was to improve the use of RDF range time etc and some Q in the back going yez are using too much of the bangy yokes sure they're only bagger recruits ).
                That and some of the equipment required isn't issued to RDF units (probably also to save a few euro).

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                medicals for it,s are for over 40,s only at this moment
                the equipment can be givin to the lads going to do the test one week others the next week etc
                lack of pti,s i dont think would be a problem there is a lot of them knocking around each bks..
                That is my argument on medicals.
                Assuming pool issue kit is available
                At weekends?

Comment

• im not sure if the gyms are manned over the weekends but i,d imagine there is some sort of staff there
                  esp in dftc athlone and cork.
                  part three would cause snags with the length of time it would take,i,d say
                  theres ways around all of this
                  maybe doing parts 1+2 mid week on a training night and the following week part 3 ??

Comment

• very little needed. Key factor is preplanning examining instructor availability for 2 maybe 3 saturdays. This is not difficult if you plan "Large Scale ITs" in advance.

Saturday 1 ( Feb ) : Part I,II
                    Saturday II ( March ) : Part 1,II and previous Saturday's Part III
                    Saturday III ( april ) : previous Saturdays Part III.

All should be doable in < 3 hours each day.

Everyone gets time to arrange meds and everyone gets 2 chances. validator availability is carefully managed ( poor fecker needs his weekends too ) far in advance.

In addition as long as you're on the system and certified there's no problem showing up for weekday ITs if arranged in advance ( well there wasn't before) . Face it most of the time is taken up in the screening and PIII.

Comment

• However I am 100% positive that the ITs are not currently being considered as the benchmark for RDF fittness in the future. A new seperate standard is being developed. I am unable to give you my source for this information. You will have to content yourself with the fact that I have (I hope) earned a reputation on this board for not posting speculation dressed-up as fact.
                      100% when it hasn't even been discussed yet??I would love to know where you are getting your information from.And no.Your reputation,of which i know nothing,is not good enough.Proof is.PM me if you don't want to go public.
                      So why all the effort to develop a slightly easier, non-comparable test?
                      Again.What effort???.There isn't any.

I'm fairly certain the DCOS said the same at the RDFRA SDC.
                      How do you know what was said?AFAIK from your asking others what was said on FB,you weren't there.Anecdotes again.

There will be people concerned in RACO Apod, those who have KPIs to meet!
                      That wasn't the point that was being made.

not enough/issuing equipment for part 3
                      My unit recently took on charge all the PLCE that had been on issue to the 8 old RDF units in my Bks.That will be used to equip our four reserve companies.Plenty of CEMO there!
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• if pers are put on the system and on the morning have there pt gear and there 717 there should be no problem in getting on with your test..
                        most of the time is takin up by admin and screening..
                        as for medicals thats a differant story your talking 3 weeks(ish)
                        with pre med then bloods audiogram then you get to see a mo

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

My unit recently took on charge all the PLCE that had been on issue to the 8 old RDF units in my Bks.That will be used to equip our four reserve companies.Plenty of CEMO there!
                          MOD: Handbag comment round 1?
                          Last edited by Bravo20; 6 April 2013, 16:07.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                            What 8 RDF units were in "your" barracks?

Signals
                            MPs
                            Medics
                            AD Battery
                            Inf Bn
                            Engineers
                            Transport

I can only get 7.

Comment

• as for medicals thats a differant story your talking 3 weeks(ish)
                              with pre med then bloods audiogram then you get to see a mo
                              I learned never to delve into the ways of the M.O's. If he signs the bit of paper it is happy days !

Comment

• Is it nessesary to complete part III every time? I thought it was only for overseas and certain courses?

Comment

Working...
                                X